It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auctioning off Obama time!! What would you pay?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think this is an impeachable offense...

Sorry, I wasn't clear about what I was referring to.
I mean what may be coming from him in the future, as far as impeachable offenses go.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Are you suggesting he's more "transparent" than other presidents have been?

Yes, but only transparent in regards to 'some' things. With the revelation by his former WH spokesman that anything regarding drones was to remain unspoken, his is far from a transparent administration..... but you knew that.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think I have a used bottle cap, yep, I'd give it up

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
I think I have a used bottle cap, yep, I'd give it up

I would put that cap up on eBay. Say it was a cap that was once owned by a guy that saw Elvis driving a cab.

What little it brings will be worth more than a meeting with Obama.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just feel like I'm in the presence of something very dirty. I do believe this could be impeachable, if someone would just do the dang footwork! Isn't washington full of lawyers?

Does the office of President have so little integrity attached to it anymore? And since some other party also had very little integrity, is it ok that the current party follow step and then some? How low can we go?

Stomach churning.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
I mean what may be coming from him in the future, as far as impeachable offenses go.

Oh. Well, I'm not into condemning anyone for what they "might do". The list of Obama's criticisms for things he "might do" or is apparently "trying to do" is LONG and meaningless.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

"People are not doing this to get their third or sixth photo with the president," said one bundler who attended an OFA fundraising outreach session this week. "Everybody is in because they are in."

This is TRUE. Obama's wealthy supporters are behind him (for the most part) because they support his agenda. NOT to buy his favor, but to help get his agenda passed.

I think what this particular quoted bundler is saying is that they are bored with the photo ops and have demanded much more for their millions of $ spent. Hence the creation of OFA for this sole purpose. Agenda advancement is what lies on the surface. Hence my analogy of the bored Ferrari owner who is seeking something greater. The checks have already been written and the commitments have been made by the "donors". Now let's see if OFA actually discloses who these donors really are? Don't count on it... Because they are self regulated and disclosure laws no longer apply to them. Then see who ends up with another gig in the admin...

Absolute power corrupts absolutely... or something like that

As for fighting fire with fire... Obama has gotten it for FREE from the media since his 2008 campaign began and all of his record breaking millions that he collected could be spent in areas that were financially untouchable by the GOP. The GOP dollars had to be spent just to counter Obama's FREE media blitz...

Chris Matthews was just quoted as saying that "we" will help get Hillary into the White House in 2016. I guess they are getting a little over confident based on their success with Obama. We'll see how that goes then...
edit on 26-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy

Oh. Well, I'm not into condemning anyone for what they "might do". The list of Obama's criticisms for things he "might do" or is apparently "trying to do" is LONG and meaningless.

No, not condemning him for what he might do.

I am saying keep your eyes open..... you never know what is coming.

I think it is okay to try and anticipate the moves of someone that has shown a distaste for the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I just feel like I'm in the presence of something very dirty. I do believe this could be impeachable, if someone would just do the dang footwork! Isn't washington full of lawyers?

Does the office of President have so little integrity attached to it anymore? And since some other party also had very little integrity, is it ok that the current party follow step and then some? How low can we go?

Stomach churning.

That seems to be the trick and routine argument today isn't it? No matter HOW bad behavior or professional ethics in Washington become (Yeah..there is still an ethic loose somewhere in that city..I'm sure I saw a wanted poster) it's always blamed on the last guy to justify why BAD isn't 'so bad' after all.

I swear, what scares me most at this point IS NOT what Obama is going to do in hurting us further. No.... That's scary, but not the worst thing, given the nature of this reply. The worst thing is what THE NEXT PRESIDENT will see as just fine and dandy, given Obama's excesses as a baseline to start from. What we think of as the worst today is only the starting point after the next election.

Hows that for a thought to make your day?

edit on 26-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Keep an eye on this OFA that Obama and Micelle have created.

They have goals, and the first one being stated is gun control, according
to their own website.

speak out for speedy passage and effective implementation of this program, including gun control, sensible environmental policies to address climate change and immigration reform.
www.barackobama.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

So, guns, climate change and immigration reform.... It's called tying up the loose ends from your first term full of promises unfulfilled.

Did you get the part in the OP regarding how OFA manages Obama's twitter and Facebook pages yet Carney claims no direct WH ties to them? Wow! OFA is a monster and they are accountable to no one by skirting around every possible legal snag that could hang them up....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Auctioning off Obama time!! What would you pay?

What would I pay?

Hope and (spare) Change

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Think we all have paid enough in cash 6 trilliion dollars for 4 years, 2 billion dollars for 2 presidential elections, and freedoms with a drone coming to a town near you.

Fresh out of hope,fresh out of change foward to the golden age of the nanny state,.

Altho it would be nice to get close enough for use some foul language in the great savior of the republics presence,.
edit on 26-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2013 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i would say do it for free, since he already eff's me on my paycheck weekly. and when i saw him id just sit there and laugh at him and ask him what he was doing in office to better the us or for that matter anything.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I only need 5 minutes with him.

How much would that cost?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, this is like Obama's personal branch of The Whitehouse,
only with unlimited lobbying!

Just watch this, it has all of the clips in it when Obama campaigned on a promise
to disavow himself from lobbyists! Even Chuck Todd on MSNBC says this looks bad.

www.youtube.com...

This is one the the ways OFA can use social media to gather and target
all of the information he has stored like no one else
has done before, according to Maxine Waters, with his cyber spies....

...and then use it to target these individuals through OFA according to the
causes they have expressed an interest in....sending them personal messages
on gun control, clilmate change etc.

OFA will have access to the databases and massive supporter network—2 million volunteers,
17 million email subscribers, and 22 million Twitter followers—built up by Team Obama in the run-up to last year's presidential election.

Organizing for Action hopes to raise $50 million, and its leaders—including former Obama campaign manager Jim Messina—are courting wealthy givers to fill the group's war chest. An elite group of donors giving or raising $500,000 or more is expected to cough up at least half of OFA's budget. Those top-tier donors, whose names OFA says it will voluntarily disclose quarterly (which goes beyond what most nonprofits disclose), will earn a spot on OFA's "national advisory board" and, more importantly, get to meet with Obama four times a year, according to the Times.www.policymic.com...

edit on 26-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Despite the fact I think his presidency was horrible, I'd rather sit down and get drunk with Bush Jr.

I bet he's a lot of fun after a few beers.

Obama? Not so much.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A politicians ear for sale in America. What a shock.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
A politicians ear for sale in America. What a shock.

Why are you so shocked, especially considering that this is Obama we're talking about??
Just curious... Please share...

This should really come as no surprise to such a wise young fella like yourself....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join