It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to pope Ratzinger's exit and start of last Interregnum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
80 hours until he officially vacates Peter's see
77 hours until he leaves Vatican by helicopter

80 hours until the Interregnum starts - perhaps the last interregnum in history the way we know it

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

I'd wish no one plays dirty games in those last hours. Especially Benedict! He already resigned. Because there might be attempts, as he attempted to change election rules in the last moment. There might be something on Wednesday general audience - the last mass scene of his pontificate (how many last scenes did we count already starting from Ash Wednesday?) No dirty tricks! Not only 119 cardinals electors watch every move. 1.1 bln Catholics, plus 1.3 bln Christians watch what the priest N1 does. Because it concerns all of us. Not to say - the humanity, because today's world is much more interconnected than that in 15th century.
What if a nuke explodes on Rome, M10 quake, meteorite, or ET ship, in those hours? And if not - still the papal infallibility may do something in the last moment.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I bet one of the above events will happen on or around the papal exit or during the following month of conclave. The events are sequence driven and not date driven. So one cannot predict exactly when. The clock is ticking though - 78h

Perhaps Benedict won't deem it necessary to read loudly in these hours the hidden by himself part of Fatima secrets. Why to bother with the world falling apart, if he hided it once? He exits innocent with clean hands. Almost as Pontius Pilate. The next pope will do the required in Fatima, but "it will be too late" said reportedly Our Lady in what is the first official Vatican release after 1941 of the 2nd secret. (if we assume it is true). It is another delusion to think the secret is written down by the 3 children in 1917 before the cheering crowd. Nothing is written before 1941 and not without religious superiors' order. In one word, we may know nothing of the truth. No internet that time in Fatima.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Who do you think will be elected during conclave?

And do you think that Pope Benedict will try to take any important documents with him when he vacates the Vatican to assist in some sort of cover-up?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am sure that will be the case.
Who will win? Right now I think and want card. Dolan being the most energetic American. Other candidates exist who are moderate or even liberal, as cardinal Schoenborn. But less likely second German speaking. Latin America - cardinal Sherer of course. Maradiaga is very promising but he is also scandalous so doubt he will be elected. I think Turcson has no chance unless he is the candidate of the Vatican itself - he is in the comission that proposed nWO. Bertone - if Vatican wants to keep him a s pope, dont know if he will gather votes of EU +USA after all scandals. SO perhaps Vatican will offer either Turcson or Sandri - Argentinian in Vatican. Both equally inexperienced. I doubt the big metropolitan from EU and USA will aid them. Not even all L.Am will aid those two candidatures in my view. Unless some pressure is exercised that is possible. In all, I see Dolan elected as next pope. Or a division and no pope elected at all.

71 hours unti the Interregnum. Perhaps on March 1 the cardinals will decide when the conclave begins incl immediately. The pope allowed that in the last ditch to promote cardinals from Rome. Pity.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
68 hours, 65 to his physical leave of Vatican

And there will be signs on the sun and moon
spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
58 hours until Benedict will leave Vatican, 61 h until there will be no "infallible person" on this damned planet earth.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for keeping us up to date with the departure of the Pope! This has been a very intriguing topic for me, and I can't help but to squirm in anticipation for any new news.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
6 more hours until the interregnum, 3 hours until the departure from Rome.

Cardinal Pell of Australia said the Vatican must address in a positive manner the gay-leaks in Italian media. Will he be the next one "silenced" by the Vatican, as did about cardinal O'Brien 2 days after he asked for the priests to be married?

I guess the cardinals understand the common threat if anyone of them who says a word contrary to the conservative status quo is attacked immediately.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustofenese

Thanks! I wonder where are those liberal catholics who cry wolf all the time and who now are afraid may be to say a word in forum. Now is the time to say it, before the next election! After the white smoke it will be pretty late. Unless there is a schism. But it could be avoided if the wisdom among the cardinals overcomes this time.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'm pretty liberal in my faith and I pray to God that the cardinals are wise enough to pick a fellow cardinal to be Pope who will be wise and compassionate and understanding of the world we live in today, and promote contraception (as a means of disease prevention), marriage for the clergy, and so so so many other progressive moves for the good of the Church and all of its followers.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
there is only one way and that is forward, not backward. The history of the church shows the early church communities were much more liberal. But after the accusations of the Romans of illicit sex, around 3rd-4th century the "fathers of the church" promoted a package of "purity teachings" that in fact came to the Jewish religion before Jesus brought from Indian teachers.

One can wonder what the real life of Jesus was like. We just don't know what Our Lord did at that time, and for the "church fathers" it is just as convenient. Perhaps they cut off those parts of the Gospel.

It would be good if the catholics with liberal views, as yours, press the button now when there is a chance of a liberal pope. I guess the cardinals outside Rome will unite around one candidature no matter who exactly. Dolan, Pell, Brazilian, or someone even non cardinal, who could be a counterweight to the candidate of the inner Roman circle. Otherwise the church will cease to be one and other ways will be sought. As the practice shows with other churches non-aligned with Rome.
edit on 28-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
the fact is the Gospel didn't survive to 4th century the way we have it today. Only fragments survived and they date back some 2 centuries after Jesus. Perhaps the still not published Dead Sea scrolls will give us more fragments of parts of Gospel unknown until now. I do not advocate anything, for ex. whether Jesus was married or not. I DON't know. Nobody knows what the common life of Jesus was like. Because we have cutoff Gospels.
In contrast, the Old Testament survived much better preserved because it was translated in Greek some hundred years before Jesus - the so called Septuagint. So I guess the modern day theology especially the one that concerns the Moral should retouch to the Gospel - to the full Gospel. When Jesus says "except for fornication" should there be a divorce or not, it means Jesus gives exception. It doesn't mean "except for unlawful marriage" as it is being translated in the US SUnday readings. There are other examples that need someone better versed than me. For ex. Jesus says about the rapture (call it whatever) "two men will be in one bed one is taken another left." The modern translations convert it into "two people". But read King James and it is two men. Again I do not defend any novelty, I just want to know what Jesus indeed said. Because He called Peter, and the Gospel is very clear Peter was a married man. He also called John, and we believe John was never married.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
In the first century the Roman church was the community of believers Inside Rome.

It is strange that none of the 7 ancient churches that John speaks to in Revelation survived. Could contemporary Rome follow their fate if it is slow to react to the needs of the worldwide Christianity?

Today there are many churches and many of them are apostolic.

Today the catholic church is worldwide, not the community of the faithful in Rome in 1st century. It must behave as worldwide, and answering the needs of the common faithful worldwide.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There is now officially no pope.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Nope - the doors are closed - the Swiss guard having done their job.

Now what?

peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Call it "wishful thinking", but I feel this the official beginning of something very substantial. I think March will be undeniably a month of significant events.

new topics

top topics

join