It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shocking Savagery of America’s Early History

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

After finding the region that my European ancestors came from....the location of "The Thirty Years War'...I kinda understood why they would have left.

After years, generations even, of having your home and fields burned, having your children and parents killed or die of starvation and disease caused by living in a land ruined by nearly constant or re-occuring war.....the unknown might not have seemed that bad.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Humans are the Velociraptors of the mammal world. We eat, destroy extinct everything we come in contact with since our existence. You know that evil advanced race that destroys other worlds we all fear, well all we need to do is look in the mirror to see them since that will be us one day. It doesn't matter at what point in our history or future or anywhere on the planet we are all the same, so a more correct title would be "The Shocking Savagery of Man"

But ya I agree we were extremely bad up through the 19th century...

edit on 23-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
it's a good thing that indians DID NOT kill other indians before the white man came...they just all sat around the old campfire and smoked the peace pipe...right....sure...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's a good thing that indians DID NOT kill other indians before the white man came...they just all sat around the old campfire and smoked the peace pipe...right....sure...
Correct, of course...but the central truism to this thread is that the colonists had better PR.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
humans are savage

how could that possibly be shocking ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join