It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona highway collapses.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They have police security in place for both the road that goes up the cliff and a local shortcut thats grated and paved. Not sure why they would have travel restrictions in place for the shortcut road as only local resident living along the shortcut road (coppermine road) are allowed to pass. Theres a community of about 300 people that live below those cliffs and more to the north of the said community as well as to the south. The shortcut road being restricted I'm sure does not sit well with people who need to get to Page as it would have saved them a hour and a half at least. The shortcut road and the split road both go up the same cliff 15-20 miles apart.

I'm wondering if restrictions are in place as a guise to check people for warrants and such or something more sinister like covering up of sinkholes or collapsed underground tunnels that might have turned up since the road fracture up beyond the cliffs on top.

Its just stange to me that the half grated half paved shortcut road that all local residents know about would be closed off. It really inconviences everyone going into Page who by the way mostly drive pick up trucks in the area. Even cars are fit to use the shortcut road.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So its gonna be about a year and a half to 2 yrs before its fixed. That was the time table given as of last week, at a local community meeting, from transportation department officials Students have to get on the busses at 5:30 in the morning.
edit on 5-3-2013 by wickd_waze because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join