It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help : I need your advice. Lots of smart people here.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If she can answer what retirement really is, then she'll have her answer. At the moment it's pinned on a $ answer.

No the answer is in the question.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
If she can answer what retirement really is, then she'll have her answer. At the moment it's pinned on a $ answer.

No the answer is in the question.

We dont understand what you mean?

In an adults world, these types of decisions almost 100% of the time hinge on finances, and can you afford to do what you want?

I am not sure if you think it is a good idea or a bad idea, maybe you could further explain to me the dummy.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately there aren't many "smart" people here. Rather, many "biased" people.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Unfortunately there aren't many "smart" people here. Rather, many "biased" people.

Grampa, your one of the biased just saying people are biased,,,,,lol

Come on now, show me your one of the smart ones and add advice to this mess.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Like I said, unless you're going to LIVE on the boat. That is about the only way purchasing would make any sense. Living on it for a year or two I think qualifies.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Seems to me the finish line is in sight. Often the dream of retirement is better than the actual retirement (lots of people tend to find a new part time job after they retire..just to feel part of something again..starbucks, walmart greeter, etc).

I would say since its so close anyhow, might as well stick it out and get full package. Just reevaluate every year...see if you got one more year left sort of thing, and roll with it. make the most of vacation days, and spend the next couple years building up a bit more.

But ultimately its her choice. If she is done, she is done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join