It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres.of AGC's Unitech Composites and Structures unit fired over slapping baby on flight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Joe R. Hundley was charged last week in federal court in Atlanta with simple assault for allegedly slapping the 2-year-old boy during the Feb. 8 flight. His attorney, Marcia Shein, of Decatur, Ga., said Saturday that Hundley will plead not guilty. The charge carries a maximum penalty of a year in jail.

The boy's mother, Jessica Bennett, 33, told the FBI their flight was on final descent into Atlanta when her 19-month-old son started to cry due to the altitude change. Hundley "told her to shut that (N-word) baby up," FBI special agent Daron Cheney said in a sworn statement. She said Hundley then slapped him in the face, scratching the boy below his right eye and causing him to scream even louder.

Bennett and her husband are white, while Jonah, whom they adopted, is black.

"He reeked of alcohol," Bennett told KARE-TV. "He was belligerent, and I was uncomfortable." Bennett said she was shocked by the racial slur she says Hundley used when Jonah started crying. "And I said, `What did you say?' because I couldn't believe that he would say that," she told WCCO-TV. "He fell onto my face and his mouth was in my ear and he said it again but even more hateful. And he's on my face, so I pushed him away."

Joe Rickey Hundley, Accused Of Slapping Toddler On Plane Flight, Now Out Of A Job

What an arrogant and condescending man this is, glad he lost his job.
Just because a person holds such a title doesn't mean that they get a free pass to be a jerk.
He is an embarrassment to the company [not to mention his family] and I'm glad they fired him.

edit on 19-2-2013 by snarky412 because: correct the title......TY

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Karma Bus ran over him, right good....

He, of course, won't see that he did anything wrong. Though his actions were wrong on so many levels.

He got what he deserved. If I were him, I'd be watching to see if that Karma Bus was making a U-turn....

The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.....

Des

edit on 19-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
He needs a good butt kicking also. Mom should sue for emotional damage.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's about time one of those guys gets what's coming to him! I wish the judge would give him the maximum sentence and put him in a real jail with real everyday people but we all know that would NEVER happen. At least they did fire him... even if it was only to make it look good on their part. Most of the time those guys will get out of ANYTHING simply for the fact that they are supposedly better than and above all of us.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Karma Bus ran over him, right good....

He, of course, won't see that he did anything wrong. Though his actions were wrong on so many levels.

He got what he deserved. If I were him, I'd be watching to see if that Karma Bus was making a U-turn....

Des

Those kind of people never see themselves as doing anything wrong.
In fact, he probably blames the mom for him losing his job, not his own dumbazz actions.

You wouldn't by any chance be driving the bus, would you?!

If so, I want a front row seat.....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Wow I saw that but thought he was a nobody, why didn't he have his own jet and not fly commercial I wonder! the jerk!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What a piece of work.
I guess we need to blame the movie The Campaign now, right? Surely this dude thought if its OK for Will Ferrell to punch a baby, he can slap one.

This is liberal rationale 101.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Great, another race-baiting headline to distract us from the important things in the world. Because, you know, another toddler getting slapped by yet another d-bag is really central to our country's future.

How far in debt did we get while I was reading this? Another million?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If this had been my child the only thing that could have saved that man was if he was lucky enough to have an air marshal on board.

If someone was to just slap my kid it would be tunnel vision ass stomping time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
If this had been my child the only thing that could have saved that man was if he was lucky enough to have an air marshal on board.

If someone was to just slap my kid it would be tunnel vision ass stomping time.

But the task of proving his innocence may be difficult as Bennett family attorney John Thompson told the network that there were numerous witnesses who saw Hundley strike Jonah - including a federal air marshal.

Hell, I would be the one arrested if some one slapped my kid like that because I would rip him a new 'you-know-what' hole.

edit on 19-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
What a piece of work.
I guess we need to blame the movie The Campaign now, right? Surely this dude thought if its OK for Will Ferrell to punch a baby, he can slap one.

This is liberal rationale 101.

Yeah...you know how those bleeding heart liberals LOVE to slap babies and call them bad names. Why I can`t think of a single hippy I know who doesn`t brag about abusing minority children so the other liberals would let him join the drum circle.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

That isn't what I was suggesting at all and you know it. Don't be obtuse.

ETA: Or maybe you don't. So I'll clarify... in the movie, The Campaign, they make a joke where Will Ferrell punches a baby in the face.
I am extending the liberal rationale of blaming violent movies for gun violence into this.

I mean, if we make comedy movies about assaulting other peoples babies, and then people DO start assaulting babies, then obviously it's the movie's fault, right?
edit on 19-2-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
He did that to my baby,being fired would've been the least of his worries.He would'nt have walked off that plane,he would've left it on a stretcher.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is the type of racist that is dangerous. Powerful bigwig suit-dummy. Everytime Maury or Springer had some klan or skinhead moron on, I'd kinda shake my head because they are not the ones who really do the damage. It's the ones with power, power to hire/fire, influence politicians and policy, etc. Seems the booze can be credited with outing this ass. No way his work associates didn't know what he is.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by torque

I agree. If someone hit my child they would have to hope people pulled me off of them. Because I wouldn't stop beating them until I was forced to stop.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Great, another race-baiting headline to distract us from the important things in the world. Because, you know, another toddler getting slapped by yet another d-bag is really central to our country's future.

Um...how is the title/headline considered 'race baiting'?

Blame the administration on the debt, not this thread........
They are the ones in control and don't give a damn....oh yeah, I forgot, "we don't have a spending problem".

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I don't think ignoring incidents like these will help the debt problem either.This violent racist piece of feces should be publicly disgraced-there should indeed be a campaign started against him,he should be hounded,berated,embarrassed and exposed for the wasteful consumption of oxygen that he is.He,and beings like him, should be sent an unmistakable message-that his behaviour is unacceptable,more than that-DEPLORABLE,SICKENING AND THAT IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.The reason your country has the debt problem,and so many others,is THE DIRECT RESULT OF THE MINDSET OF RUBBISH LIKE THIS PIECE OF TRASH-WHO BELIEVES HE'S ACCOUNTABLE TO NO ONE,LEAST OF ALL THE GENERAL POPULATION.THE CITIZENS OF THE US.How will such characters be made aware that people are'nt going to put up with behaviour like this? Not by ignoring it,thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What I don't understand is when the lady asked him to repeat himself and the guy started leaning in why didn't she bite his nose off? It would have been completely justifiable!

I hope this guy gets at least a little bit of jail time. I'd love to be a fly on the wall so I could watch what happens when he tries to use the "N" word in the jailhouse. At the least I hope this mother sues the suit off of him in civil court.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Um...how is the title/headline considered 'race baiting'?

Blame the administration on the debt, not this thread........
They are the ones in control and don't give a damn....oh yeah, I forgot, "we don't have a spending problem".

I wasn't blaming you or the thread, rather the sensationalism of the story itself and why it even makes news when we have far more pressing stories to be covering, but don't. This story doesn't affect any of us in any way, except to be a convenient outlet for and distraction from our frustration at the people who are *actually* affecting us.

Chill out. Don't take it personally.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join