It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human intelligence is declining according to Stanford geneticist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobwilson
There already is a compelling theory that the human species is suffering from a global case of epigenetic brain damage and a growing number of people, including anthropologists and neurologists, are agreeing with this

...and if this is the case, why should I trust the words of one of the species that is 'suffering from a global case of epigenetic brain damage'?

A99

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

well dont trust in me. thats my whole point. you have to put your faith elsewhere because this whole planet doesn't make a whole lot of sense without God. why are we the only species with this voice in the back of your head telling you what your doing is wrong or right? you cant shake it either. like it was built into us. now why doesn't a dog feel bad when it sees another dog for the first time and just bangs it without really asking for consent? cause its not built like us. nothing is. no matter how much scientists try to prove i came from an ape because their short term memory is better than ours or they get super jazzed when they see a monkey figuring out some little block puzzle because its so irrelevant. the things that they do dont even scratch the surface of the deepness of a humans thought, emotions, imagination, and right down to this conversation about who's wrong or right for believing in God. you think any animal gives a s###? it just does what it does cause thats what its purpose was and thats what it was designed to do. like cs lewis has said. "does a fish complain that water is too wet?" so why do we as humans just not feel perfectly happy here ever? we should never need more than the basics but for some reason we just always want more and more. it shouldn't even cross our minds about god or religion according to evolution, as it was all just one big accident in their minds. so how does an accident produce thought about if it was even an accident or not? why do humans even think about it? thats because i believe we were meant for somewhere else. its up to you where you want that somewhere to be according to your life. but you cannot do it without total trust in god and not really giving a s### about anyones opinion because that feeling of being better and above God cause your somehow special is exactly how an angel became the devil. however, both God and the devil are very real in your life every day. we just call it being good and being evil. its what you put YOUR faith and choice in that matters. because being good without believing in God is like following a lunatic's-(to an evolutionist) advice, Jesus- (the real son of God to us), without giving him any credit. its like being proud of copying a psychopath then making fun of him for being a psycho. you make yourself look like a fool.
edit on 25-2-2013 by MikeHawke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm just not educated enough to argue the finer points of nature as apposed to nurture.
I have, though, just finished reading a couple of articles which may bring a new ligh to this discussion.

www.talk2action.org...

www.alternet.org...

I am not advocating this as a definitive answer to the situatiion, just an interesting side light.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

see im gonna stop you before i even keep reading the rest of this article. to me this is just a bias opinion backed by 0 fact. let me ask you a question, if this line

With the money of wealth funders like Richard and Betsy DeVos (sister of Blackwater scion Eric Prince and daughter of Elsa and Edgar Prince of the Amway fortune) and the Walton, Koch and Scaife Foundations, simpatico politicians are hard at work bringing Dominionist ideals quietly into the forefront of American education policy. While much of the country argues about budgets, deficits, and guns, a cleverly camouflaged package of School Choice and ”Bible-driven curricula“ make their way up the ladder.

wasn't written for you to read and bend your perception of whats actually going on would you say this is whats happening in the real world? you actually believe God is being brought to the forefront of american society? take a look a round sometime and tell me thats whats going on. if anything its being pushed to the back row and challenged everyday because of constant persistance of trying to disprove it. as far as im concerned, theres not a shred of concrete evidence that God does not exist. with all our technology with things like the Higgs boson particle accelerator trying disprove it, all these brainwashing opinionated shows like ancient aliens being displayed as "thats probably what God was", and the demoralization of our youth through music, television, and just the public school environment. you really dont question that statements authenticity? too me, im not too empress by some scientist who spent billions on something like the higgs boson to try and disprove God through recreating the big bang, len they just get some rusults through a computer saying oh yea we were right. how? i don't see a new world created in a lab because its cake and it happens by accident. look at the sad attempts at recreating the human eye with our most advanced technology. then turn around and say it can just happen by accident. i dont see it getting accomplished on purpose. you know how complex an eyeball is? they cant even do it without taking it from something that was already like that say with cloning and genetics. i want to see them make it out of nothing like its claimed to come from. dont listen to everything you read. go down to you local public school and see how much focus is put on God or turn on nickelodeon sometime or mtv. check out the Godliness of it. you think it was like that in the 50's? hell no. now were trying to squeeze religion out and replace it with the evolution theory. this society teaches everyone to look out for #1 where as "real christians" (not people who just call themselves that) look out for everyone equally. weather your Gay, black white, or green.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeHawke
ev·o·lu·tion ( v -l sh n, v -). n. 1. A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form

You seem to have missed this word in the very definition that you have posted twice. Just because evolution USUALLY results in organisms getting more complex, doesn't mean that it always works out that way. That is a logical fallacy. So by your definition of evolution, yes a human's mind could devolve if put in the right environment where its brain was no longer needed to do large quantities of work. Of course this wouldn't happen in one lifetime.

Also one more thing, you seem to be proving the OP correct with your continued lack of proper grammar. I'm usually not a grammar nazi, but in a thread about human intelligence where the poster (you) is arguing from your point of view says a lot when he/she cannot type words, sentences, and paragraphs correctly. Heck you rarely even use your shift key.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

see im gonna stop you before i even keep reading the rest of this article. to me this is just a bias opinion backed by 0 fact. let me ask you a question, if this line

With the money of wealth funders like Richard and Betsy DeVos (sister of Blackwater scion Eric Prince and daughter of Elsa and Edgar Prince of the Amway fortune) and the Walton, Koch and Scaife Foundations, simpatico politicians are hard at work bringing Dominionist ideals quietly into the forefront of American education policy. While much of the country argues about budgets, deficits, and guns, a cleverly camouflaged package of School Choice and ”Bible-driven curricula“ make their way up the ladder.

wasn't written for you to read and bend your perception of whats actually going on would you say this is whats happening in the real world? you actually believe God is being brought to the forefront of american society? take a look a round sometime and tell me thats whats going on. if anything its being pushed to the back row and challenged everyday because of constant persistance of trying to disprove it. as far as im concerned, theres not a shred of concrete evidence that God does not exist. with all our technology with things like the Higgs boson particle accelerator trying disprove it, all these brainwashing opinionated shows like ancient aliens being displayed as "thats probably what God was", and the demoralization of our youth through music, television, and just the public school environment. you really dont question that statements authenticity? too me, im not too empress by some scientist who spent billions on something like the higgs boson to try and disprove God through recreating the big bang, len they just get some rusults through a computer saying oh yea we were right. how? i don't see a new world created in a lab because its cake and it happens by accident. look at the sad attempts at recreating the human eye with our most advanced technology. then turn around and say it can just happen by accident. i dont see it getting accomplished on purpose. you know how complex an eyeball is? they cant even do it without taking it from something that was already like that say with cloning and genetics. i want to see them make it out of nothing like its claimed to come from. dont listen to everything you read. go down to you local public school and see how much focus is put on God or turn on nickelodeon sometime or mtv. check out the Godliness of it. you think it was like that in the 50's? hell no. now were trying to squeeze religion out and replace it with the evolution theory. this society teaches everyone to look out for #1 where as "real christians" (not people who just call themselves that) look out for everyone equally. weather your Gay, black white, or green.

Well, so much about the arguements about the results of evolution.
Or, devolution fo that matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

go down to you local public school and see how much focus is put on God or turn on nickelodeon sometime or mtv. check out the Godliness of it. you think it was like that in the 50's?

If "god" can't sort his/her/its act out enough to give us a clear doctrine, or an easily read and non-contradictory "holy book" then wtf us is she/he/it?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Once again, the boys from Akron were right...

We're all Devo!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Also one more thing, you seem to be proving the OP correct with your continued lack of proper grammar. I'm usually not a grammar nazi, but in a thread about human intelligence where the poster (you) is arguing from your point of view says a lot when he/she cannot type words, sentences, and paragraphs correctly. Heck you rarely even use your shift key.

dude this is the equivalent of facebook to me, so if im not gonna be professional with my grammar there (mostly because i just dont care enough) im sure as # not going to do it for people I actually dont know here. my next point is that i was waiting for someone to point out the word "usually". i left it alone just so i can ask you to point out some examples in that theory of yours. im pretty confident that you can't. especially because articles like

THIS suggest that its impossible. do some reading on it (devoloution). im merely pointing out how the theory kinda stonewalls itself. because every time i've had an argument with an evolutionist it seems to go back to the apes that had had to evolve because of the changing environment by getting smarter and walking on 2 feet, etc.. so if humans are doing this when our technology is at its peak what makes you think an ape would back in its day? its like evolution has a mind of its own and it picks and chooses what happens based on no evidence whatsoever. its not fight or flight causing the changes. its more which ones you decided did it and you cant be proven wrong because the evidence is long gone in time. but modern examples like apes in zoos not doing it in our day and age (even though a family line has had to of carried on those apes since apes began).

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
you don't have to be a stanford geneticist to see the population is getting dumber

just check the ratings for

Proof the population is dumb

Entertainment is subjective. If people want to entertain themselves by watching that why call them dumb? It has no bearing on their intelligence.

Hey I like a bit of Doctor Who but I don't want people judging my intelligence based on that.
edit on 1-3-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join