It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans prepare for civil unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
youtube.com...

Yes, I know its alex jones.
Ignore who is who and lets discuss what is being said here.

Its pretty obvious that there is a plan, these things just dont happen as they have.
We are being led down a road to bad times. My question to everyone is simple.
What are your thoughts on why???? Why and how are they going to pull this off. I think the end goal will be to try and starve us into submission, but something large has to happen first.
I also think these two are underestimating the government.

Here is a recap of the video from youtube

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes joins Alex to consider the long train of abuses we now face, and that the founders also faced in the lead up to 1776. Could history repeat, and will globalists back off from their attack against humanity? Meanwhile, the gun control agenda is also moving forward, with multiple states introducing legislation to confiscate firearms and ban semi-automatic weapons, clips and ammo. The close approach of the DA-14 asteroid causes a stir, as Russia recovers from an impact that injured hundreds and caused significant damage while the world examines its role in planning for the worst. Your calls and comments are welcome. 

edit on 18-2-2013 by planefixer because: Add recap

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by planefixer

I do not care for Alex Jones, however you must be completely mad or oblivious to not see what is happening. Our countries financial ills could be cured in several small steps, Institute the flat tax, lower corporate tax rates to 10%, start issuing drilling permit in fed lands back to pre Obama levels, the pipeline could be approved.

I know there are brillant people in washington, the obvious question is why are they not doing the obvious?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

I know there are brillant people in washington, the obvious question is why are they not doing the obvious?

I am sorry not poking fun at you but I have no other answer for this statement other than
. It must have been a typo?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

The brilliant young politician in Washington became tampered goods and keeps his mouth shut unless he wants to join us down here with the rest of civilization.

I'm not a Jones supporter either, but it's plain to see America has been in a state of Civil Unrest since the ball fell and turned 2013 if not earlier.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
just reading another threat
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its about raising the minimum wage... it seems from the discussion that page it will likely lead to lower purchasing power of the dollar and more unemployment.

Further I think it would also harm export industries.

IMO increasing the minimum wage at such a volatile economic time could be enough to push people onto the streets if lots of people loose their jobs.. or have their hours cut which is another possibility. .

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown

IMO increasing the minimum wage at such a volatile economic time could be enough to push people onto the streets if lots of people loose their jobs.. or have their hours cut which is another possibility. .
Ya , because People are happy at the End of the Month deciding to buy food, or Pay the hydro Bill.

Purchase their Meds, or much needed winter Clothes.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just listening to the AJ thing now.. hes using words 'rebellion forming' in NY>.... this is pretty extreme talk..

Also I've noticed the bitcoin exchange rate has jumped to around $30 from $10 5 or 6 months ago.. gold is high too.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well the argument in the thread I linked to has sound argument that the effect of raising the min wage will be more unemployment and decreased purchasing power. So no.. people won't be happy because they won't have more money at the end of the month.
edit on 21-2-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: changed a typo

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I agree with Stewart Rhodes…this is a gift. TPTB have tipped their hand and we know what is coming. They aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. And I’ve personally experienced the ridiculous lines at gun shows and lack of ammo available anywhere.

I don’t want to discourage anyone from seeking the supplies they need but unfortunately if you don’t have a cache by now you may have missed the boat. Things are scarce…very scarce.

I think we need to keep our eye on this looming “fiscal cliff” because this may very well be the catalyst that kicks off some type of civil unrest/war.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't care much for Jones, but as another poster said, it takes blind eyes to not see the train coming off the tracks.

We have incompetent legislators...we have others that are bought and paid for by special interest groups and big corporations.

Incompetent legislators...lets just take a couple of examples...I will not look up their names because we all have heard it over and over again. We had a legislator say that "Guam might roll over"...We had a Senator say that women's bodies can "shut down in cases of rape"...we had another say that pregnancy from a rape was "God's will"...are these types of idiots that we need representing us and running our country?...that one douchebag (the women's body shuts down clown) is on the science committee...really? I'm sorry, but we need intelligent people working to solve problems...not these idiots.

Buy offs...

It's clear to me that members of both parties are corrupt and compromised by big money and special interest groups...if anyone cannot see how this works...no wonder the wrong idiots keep getting elected. Those with the most money want to steer the country to their own personal wants..they do not care how it effects everyone else. I am not against people keeping what they earn at all...but the problem is when legislation comes into effect that stifles start up business, limits competition and basically sets up stone walls to hamper creative entrepreneurs.

The Gov, if they want to see American Prosperity again...need to get the hell out of the way. But they won't. The biggest money in this country wants to pull the ladders up so no one can threaten their "empires"...they do not care about free or competitive markets...that is not in their interests.

It's the Oligarchy/Plutocracy...the super rich and powerful have come to believe they are a higher life form and they should be in control of everything...call it a twisted version of the middle age "Divine Providence" of Kings and Monarchs. And you know what? They will get it...all of it...because we are such a bunch of greedy b@stards we will sell each other out for a nickel...what makes you think your political representatives will be more honorable than the next guy?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

On the subject of Alex Jones: To judge any message based on the source and not the substance within, seems entirely a waste. I may not agree with everything he says but that doesn't mean that everything he says is not worthy of consideration, either.

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes joins Alex to consider the long train of abuses we now face, and that the founders also faced in the lead up to 1776. Could history repeat, and will globalists back off from their attack against humanity? Meanwhile, the gun control agenda is also moving forward, with multiple states introducing legislation to confiscate firearms and ban semi-automatic weapons, clips and ammo.

We have been and are the house divided unto itself. This began in earnest at the end of the Cold War when we no longer had the Soviet Union to focus all of our negative attentions on. The left vs. right divide began growing and the political rhetoric went from being hectic to nasty to down right hateful. Today, roughly half the nation believes that roughly half the nation is its sworn blood enemy. As such, the government can pretty much do as it damned well pleases.

Blind, unquestioning loyalty to any political agenda or politician is exactly the kind of mind set that produced the likes of Adolph Hitler. Unfortunately, those blind loyalists see this being applicable to everyone but them.

Oh yes, our nation is in peril right now and with each passing day, the odds of it holding together even in terms of a few years, becomes questionable. It's really troubling.

new topics

top topics

join