It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Maintains Poker Face While The Worst Yet To Come ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
While this thread is related to the meteor crash in Russia earlier , it is not about that event so please do not give me the link of shame by telling me what I am discussing has already been covered. It has not.

(Topic addressed in this thread concerns information starting at 4:15 Mins in)

I, like many of you, have been combing online looking at recordings this event and trying to understand what happened. Mesmerized and shocked, would be appropriate words to describe what I am seeing and I think we can all agree on that. However, I came across a news clipping from Russia Today and they did start off talking about the main event. HOWEVER, the reason why I am posting this is because of what they started talking about after four mins into the video.

Now, the Media are trained professionals. They are trained to maintain a poker face while delivering devastating news. Because I know this, I pay close attention when they are covering stories like this, not to their demeanor, because it never matches the emotional seriousness of the event, but to the words they are saying. And from what I just heard, I don't think Russia or for that matter our planet as a whole, is out of the woods yet.

For starters, the event that took place in Russia was referred to by the news crew as the "children" coming before the parents.
If that's a baby, what the hell ? The parents are the giant asteroid that is supposed to come close to earth and say "Hi" on it's way by TODAY. This event is connected, in that the asteroid in question, is a part of that particular asteroid coming by TODAY. Like they said, "the children" . Now, as they were talking, they said that they didn't see THIS event coming so...... Yeah, real comforting there. NOT ! But onto the reason for my thread.

Not only are we uncertain as to whether or not the asteroid that will be stopping by this afternoon, might decide to stick around or drop off some more of her "children" there was even another comment made that has me a little on edge. They talked about another comet named ISON or something ?, that will be visible for the days of Summer all the way till Winter. From mid 2013 to the end of the year, we will see this comet in the sky with our naked eyes and it will be "brighter than the moon". Keep that in mind. Suppose ISON or whatever, decides it wants to drop of some of her "kids"?

Look, I'm not a doomsdayer. I'm not. But I am into science and the earth and the experts cannot guarantee me that we will not have another event like what happened in Russia. They cannot promise us that. This makes me a little un-easy. Why ? I posted a thread entitled Earth/Sun Disaster ? New Day At Night ? about a weird dream I had asking you all if there was anything scientific that could explain what I dreamed. I was wanting to rule it out. A lot of folks weighed in and calmed me the heck down stressing that it is impossible to have an event like that, so I was satisfied that it was just a stupid dream.

I'm back on the ledge now and I would appreciate fellow skeptics and science geeks to come on back and talk me down again. I'm back on the ledge because of this ISON (sp) that is going to be visible to the naked eye and BRIGHTER than the MOON. Day at Night ? Yeah, so talk me down because the scientists are not making me feel comfortable about the next events. They are not giving me enough answers and when those who are supposed to know what's going on can't reassure me, that bothers me.
edit on 15-2-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good chance it might hit.

I'd make some final preparations just in case. Say your goodbyes and come to peace with yourself.

Good way to go though don't ya think?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I had a dream a few years back where I saw a giant asteroid heading for Earth. I knew that it was nighttime, but it looked like daylight out. Very strange dream that might be related to this...

Very interesting times we live in...

Can't wait to see what the future holds

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not concerned about more "children". The Russian meteor (as can be seen in this diagram courtesy of Lady Tuatha Lady Tuatha's post ) came from a completely different direction than 2012-DA14.

I think we just have the fly by later this afternoon and the show will be over. I might be wrong, but I am not going to wring my hands and panic about it...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

If everyone freaked out everytime there was an asteroid, planet, comet, solar flares or what have you acting up then people would be dying of heart attacks in their 20's.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oi people are such drama queens. This gets old.

We will all be here tomorrow to have more wild speculation.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

A distant asteroid with the earths name on it will be on a trajectory heading this way , how big or small and when , only the PTB know , I have no idea how far into space they can predict and track , but by the law of averages , a big rock will hit again , I dont trust any information I am presented with by the MSM so the feedback from ATS members is more cathartic and thought provoking , then we all individually sort the wheat from the chaff , sometimes calling it wrong......
for ATS

edit on 15-2-2013 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I was a little nervous. Charts and facts calm me down. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

I know we will all be here tomorrow. I just hope that we're not foraging for food.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Well, as usual every friday night we are going to have our traditional end of the week slap up all washed down with a nice bottle of Château St Georges St Emilion 1966 (yes you read correctly 1966!) that i have had in my cellar for quite a few years now...

Looking forward to a great night sky as i do every evening before smoking my last cigarette and contemplating the night sky and observing the occasional shooting star...before kissing my wife and son goodnight and getting a great nights sleep.

See you all tomorrow folks

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Sounds like a fabulous night.

I wish I were there to join you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yep, Friday night is our flop out night... always look forward to them.

Dont know how the meal will come out as i'm cooking this evening as wife and sibling have the flu and are pretending that they are dying! (Hope they will appreciate my game pie?)

I will save you a slice of pie and a glass of wine and send it across by red cross parcel *wink wink*...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Two Distincts Events In Our Future? This is a thread I did in early December. All this stuff about Meteors and Comets lately, have had me wondering if the first event may very well be ISON.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I'll read them. Thank you. I just heard the asteroid from today has come and gone so we're good on that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Some of you will not believe this and to be quite honest i dont really care if you don't but it's late here in France now (20:57) and about 1/2 an hour ago i took my son outside to see a very bright light go across the sky from West to East before disappearing fairly rapidly. Just for info, we have no commercial flight paths (or 'Normal" military flight paths on that field)... (Only from North to South or the opposite).

Still alive and enjoying the last glass of Château St Georges 1966.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

And before anyone starts... NO i didn't take photos or videos as wanted to share the moment with my son

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I heard the about the meteor news last night on KUSI, and the weather man John Coleman who is always happy had this look on his face that did not sit well with me. Almost like he knew there was more to come. Im not fear mongering but definately scary.

new topics

top topics

join