It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1947 Roswell Explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Don't be a hater, I wanna believe too...

Russia vs United States: Cold War

During and before 1947, the US had been secretly testing supersonic aircraft, this was around the beginning of the programs. This program is important, as the Russian's had been successfully producing better and better aircraft rapidly. It wasn't too long until these aircraft were starting to be tested and not every one of them was a success, and this is of course, what became Roswell UFO crash, 1947. All of this just being a predecessor to the great 'space race'.

This was very much so a 'war for the mind', so to say. The 'Cold War' was no joke, for those in marketing, entertainment, and so forth. I don't want to come off as anti-american or a commy, but lol, is this just another chapter in the book Falsifiers of History?

The crash happened and people weren't suppose to know about it, so the military scrambled to move the pieces. Never admit to a thing, once the following strategy was to be taken:

Turn what was a failure, and turn it into a PR piece.
Allow the public to call it a UFO.
Allow the Russians to speculate as to the US's newly acquired military capabilities.
Create a paradigm that further associated the US with 'state-of-the-art' military technologies.

All in attempts to destroy any notion that Russia ever had a chance, or will again.

The US left Pavel Sukhoi and the world, shaking in their boots.

The US government doesn't care that people think there was a UFO crash. They get a kick out of it. Especially when people talk about the possible technologies derived from such a recovery. It's a win-win. How scary is it that the US might have some amazing spaceship technology just waiting for the day when "we'll really need it".

lol

I bet I'm closer to being right, than any theory that involves actual green men and flying machines from a galaxy far, far away.

edit on 15-2-2013 by retirednature because: sp

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

They weren't green men, if you've ever studied the subject with any seriousness.

Nevertheless, interesting theory for those who can't accept the fact that we're not alone.
edit on 15-2-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Star and flag for you, sir!

I completely agree with you! The way that the military leaked "UFO" to the media of the time, and the immediate change in position was a double edged sword. It gave the military the ability to freely and in a more public venue to test classified and experimental aircraft. Conversely, there are now more people watching the skies to catch a glimpse of a space craft. It played on people's gullibility and allowed the military disavow to the public the testing that the military does.

I always thought it was kind of funny how a lot of "UFO's" have running lights....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

They weren't green men, if you've ever studied the subject with any seriousness.

Nevertheless, interesting theory for those who can't accept the fact that we're not alone.
edit on 15-2-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Whoa! Are you implying that I can't accept the fact that we're not alone?

Did I not say, "Don't be a hater, I wanna believe too"? Predictable.

With all seriousness, maybe they weren't green... but if they were aliens that made it, they might as well be. I never said anything about recovered bodies.

I'm just saying, that it was a failed military experiment, not a hoax. The event was purposely used to instill fear and shift perceptions as to who was bigger and badder, the US or Russia. It had nothing to do with actual 'aliens' or anything from outside of Earth.

Sure, I believe in aliens... just not the hype over Area 51.

Why you gotta be a hater?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Whoa back at ya!

Did I accuse you of not believing? No. I simply stated that it was an interesting theory to ponder for the people who don't want to consider the 'outer space' explanation.

Also, I corrected you on your generalization of the 'official unofficial' story. I hate the use of the term 'little green men'.

And again, it is certainly an interesting theory, although I believe Russia were having their own 'Roswell' incidents...so if anything it would be a PR opportunity to manipulate the public.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

To believe only that you would need to completely disregard incidents like the 1994 Zimbabwe school landing...and the numerous abduction reports....and I could go on and on and on but i'm sick of beating a dead horse.

If I really wanted to cover up UFO activity I would build craft that look similar. I would create hoax videos that look similar. I would do everything they do already to make the subject as confusing as possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Orrrr they were little 7 year old Russian future cosmonauts.

I'm not kidding.

new topics

top topics

join