It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first ever forum I joined has closed down .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My first ever forum I joined about 12 or so years ago was called The Big Easy or TBE for short run by a guy in Edinburgh called Davy. He helped me with so many things and at its peak had over 3000 members on at the one time which was a lot in those days.
I went from being a member to a moderator then on to super moderator. As the years passed, I made so many friends all over the world and it was a great place to get movies, music and anything else you can think of.
Sadly, we all kind of drifted and it went slowly downhill. At its finish, there were only a handful of us that would log on and say hello but he kept the forum on regardless .
I just checked and it is now closed down which is a bit sad now as it was always there for me.
It's like loosing something precious and never finding it again, so Davy, if you are here, you did a great job and I will miss our banter and laughs we had.
My second and third fav forums from that time are still running to this day and are similar and I'm a moderator on both.
Just thought I'd share this and wonder if other members still keep in contact with their first forum they joined?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ahh.. forums of old.

I miss usenet in the same way.

But we always have IRC.

ehh no even that's changed all too much, all the fun of the internet had been replaced with I this and E that and instant look at me collections of ignoramuses.

What the internet needs is a twin. The good twin. The one where people look at this one and go "Naww I rekon he's a bit slow." and leave him out the back.

Let them post on twitter. We'll eat all the cake.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My very first forum was a ghost site and I still visit from time to time, as well as a writer's site. I pretty much live here on ATS though. Can't get any better than that.

join