It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

advice any1???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hi evry1,
I'm new 2 christianity and was wonderin if any of u christians got any advice about my journey with God???

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If your serious about it, Don't read into REVELATION too much. It will only hurt you.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
thanx 4 yr advice.
I have only really jst got in2 christianity & I find that all my christian friends refer EVERYTHING that happens in life to the bible.I'm not so sure.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I USED to find that the bible was full of inspiration (whether taken literally or not). It could be referenced to day-to-day life, and is a good code to live by if you want to become a better person.
However, once I read, then studied Revelation, My views on God changed, now i still believe in him (to some extent) but now despise him.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
IF you really have come to christianity, remember you are a child of god, search within your heart to find the lord, if you have asked him to come into your heart then he is already there, go to him, find him, talk with him and this is how you will come to know more about christianity.

read the bible of course, draw from it what you can relate your life to and your conversations with god.

pretty simple...christianity should be a simple thing

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
thats wot i thought, but the majority of my christian friends basically condemn u 4 making mistake and stuff. I feel lyk I'm trying 2 please them more than trying to please God. I'm not sure if it's because we're teenagers and new to it or not.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
christianity is not a popularity contest of who loves god more...like young life groups and such...god does not call you to correct their mistakes, but if you can see their mistakes dont follow them. you can still be in communion with the lord and no one can stop you even if they condemn you and say you are a bad christian, in the eyes of the lord he knows the truth.

if it is really bothersome, find some verse in the bible that supports your position and tell them it...maybe it'll shock them who knows

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
dont mind your freinds you read what you believe encourages you the most

their teenagers thats what my friends would be like if ALL of them were christians

but at the end of the day it your walk with god

read the book of acts it a very encouraging bible

goodluck ill pray for you

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I guess that's quite true. I'm determined not to lose God again. I grew up as a Catholic and knowing God, then my sister(then 17) committed suicide, and I felt like I totally lost him. I dnt think i really did thoug. @ 1st i blamed hm 4 my taking my sister, but then sum1 said 2 me that God gave us free will 4 a reason. As much as it hurt 2 hear that, I knew that it was true, and that my sister WANTED 2 leave this place.Now I trust God again, and NOTHING's going 2 get in the way of that.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
glad to hear that....what kinda advice are you looking for

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
thank u very much elliot.
That is a very sweet gesture, and really good advice, which is wot i seem 2 need heaps @ the moment.
I'm also in a big tangle @ the mo, becoz since i hav decided 2 put god 1st in my life, i broke it off with my bf and now he has gone totally nuts @ me and is txtn me & calling my dads ph 4 me. Problem is, he's my neighbour, and my mum's best friends son! Eek!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
i guess jst realistic advice on how 2 b a good christian.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
just be good, being good is being christian in a sense...if you are bad, you are a bad christian, follow your heart...read the bible....its not that difficult...if you talk with the lord you will know his will....follow it and be happy!?!?!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hello angelbabee,

Welcome to ATS.

The most wonderful thing to do is read the Bible. Just read and read and pray. Don't let some one else tell you what is there, read it for yourself.

And enjoy the love of God and loving God.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
thanx 4 the advice.
2 b a good christian do u haf 2 read the bible every day, becoz sumtimes i am too busy or tired so i jst pray???

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
there is no set standard and your question is really strange...i think you have the knowledge already, look inside your self....god created 10 commandments which I'm sure you are familiar with, it does not talk about ready the bible daily...point is just don't neglect god...i do...but if you want to be a good christian always keep him in the front of your mind!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelbabee
Hi evry1,
I'm new 2 christianity and was wonderin if any of u christians got any advice about my journey with God???

For the love of God, I hope the bible teaches you how to spell.

Only kidding, of course.
If I were you, I would just start reading the bible more to get closer to Jesus. That's kind of what I'm doing right now. I've been a Christian all my life, but just never read the whole bible in order. However, beware when you start the old testament. It seems crewl, but the new testament justifies it. If your friends are judging you based on some mistakes that you've made here and there, that's not right. The bible is about forgiveness, and if it really was just mistakes you made, and not daily habits, they should forgive you.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My advice is to understand what the bible teaches of love, pride and humility. Figure out how these three things are related.

Go slow. Ask questions to different people. Weigh their answers and decide for yourself the truth behind their words.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelbabee
Hi evry1,

The first thing to realize is that if you are interested in christianity it means God has been calling you. You have heard Him and are responding. As a christian you come to God through Christ. Have you confessed to God that you want to be saved? and then asked to receive Jesus as Savior and Lord?

This doesn't have to be done with someone else but can be or you can do it with just you and God alone. He knows you because He created you so you can talk to Him anytime and anywhere. Don't forget my questions.

new topics

top topics

join