It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Arms Statement (will not do business with the State of New York until gun laws are repealed)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by boncho
How are all you guys applauding private business dictate government action. Excuse me while I refuse my Pfizer sponsored, IGF-1 Hormonal anti-biotic, MAO Inhibitor infused yogurt that is mandated for all to eat every morning.

Dear god...
edit on 13-2-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

What are you babbling about?
I'm not mandated to eat anything.
My apologies if I missed something.

If you let private industry force the arm of, control government, anymore than they are already doing via lobbying and slush money... Think of the consequences...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know who else should refuse to do business in NY? 7-11 until the Big Gulp ban is lifted...

NY is becoming Communist state numero 1

Cuomo lost 15 points with that gun legislation

you can get morning after pills at 12, but cant wash them down with a 44 oz big gulp

what a crap hole

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Good thing there are other companies that make and sell guns.

Does this company actually think New York is going to care? And do they think another gun manufacture/seller isn't going to swoop in on an opportunity to sell more guns?

All it takes is one...and money is a powerful motivator.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

The recent Sporting and Outdoors show in PA which draws tens of millions of dollars was shut down due to companies backing out after the venue instituted a "no black guns" rule.

The industry has proven it'll take a loss for the ideology.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

True that especially since most gun owners are on the right, the gun manufacturers know they will make their money back in other states (65 million guns dont lie)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

The recent Sporting and Outdoors show in PA which draws tens of millions of dollars was shut down due to companies backing out after the venue instituted a "no black guns" rule.

Well then they are helping out us pro-gun control folks.

We won't have to ban guns...they will just die out themselves for their "ideology".

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You know guns dont go away once you use them right???

they stick around I know a lot of New Yorkers with multiple guns, they will just have to get em a different way.... And then the criminals can take care of all the anti-gun crowd... while the pro gun crowd sits cozy and safe in their houses

thats the real world

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

You know guns dont go away once you use them right???

they stick around I know a lot of New Yorkers with multiple guns, they will just have to get em a different way.... And then the criminals can take care of all the anti-gun crowd... while the pro gun crowd sits cozy and safe in their houses

thats the real world

So you want to kill all "anti-gun" people...nice.

This is why people think pro-gun people are nuts...because of people like you.

Also, that's not the real world, that is your paranoid delusions.
edit on 13-2-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Normally, no it should not.
Unless the state was doing something against the law or was unconstitutional.

It depends on the situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

en.wikipedia.org...

As usual, scientists shout the rallying cry and then the government decides on how to act.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So it's ok for lobbyists to force the gov't to buy something, but not for an individual company? What's the difference, besides the lobbyists spending millions to buy a Congressperson?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good for Olympic Arms.

BTW, Big Gulp bans? Rules against black guns?

As someone who lives under a rock and doesn't keep up with news very well, I am finding these things hard to believe. It's like I went to bed last night and woke up this morning in a world that is completely batCENSORED.

Meh, I live in the desert, so if I owned any firearms I would get them in flat-dark-earth color. But no Big Gulp?

P.S. I want to hear more of these insane laws I somehow slept through the legislation of. It is disturbing yet entertaining. U2U me though so it doesn't derail this thread.
edit on 13-2-2013 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
if we could get smith and wesson and remmington on board it could actualy make a huge dent in the ability of police to get Ar's or even shotguns of the type they are used to. and sure the cops could try to go get guns from another supplier but if the BIG gun names decide to not sell to the fed that would send a pretty strong message.and if companies that do sell to the police get boycotted it could end up being a pretty big deal if they carry through with it.

www.extremefirepower.com... they are following suit as well and like Barret will not do business with any one in ca civilian or government

www.thenewamerican.com...

edit on 13-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for making this thread, I have been meaning to add something here and now there is a place!! Really Thank You loads. While we have some companies like the ones listed that are going to bat for us here in NYS other companies are doing the opposite. Like:

We apologize to our customers, however due to the recent political decision in New York to pass the ‘NY SAFE Act’ Tactical Solutions will no longer sell or ship its products to customers in the state of New York. We encourage everyone in New York state to call for the repeal of the ‘NY SAFE Act’.

Tactical Solutions decided to be one of the first to screw us here in NYS and won't be forgotten either. I posted it around and let them know via facebook where I got that quote from that they are gonna regret it in the future. I hope many do not support these companies that are willing to take the dollar when the going is good but the first sign of trouble they outa here.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If by ideology you mean money then yes. The more they stir up the anti gun fear the more money they make. And you can bet that if NY wants to but something from them they will set it up through a 3rd party.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
if any one wanted to email any of the big LE suppliers of guns

www.smith-wesson.com... smith and wesson

www.sigsauer.com... sig

www.remington.com... Remington

www.ruger.com... ruger

www.winchesterguns.com... winchester
www.brownells.com...
www.berettausa.com... beretta usa

www.bob-owens.com...< br />
www.magpul.com... magpul
www.mcmfamily.com... mcmillian
www.tapco.com... tapco

so if any one wants to voice complaints to the gun manufactures or to ask them to boycott law enforcement in anti gun states there are some use full links for ya im off to go write emails

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by boncho

Normally, no it should not.
Unless the state was doing something against the law or was unconstitutional.

It depends on the situation.

Slippery slope in my opinion. I actually agree with the argument that most have in this thread, I just see major issues with how the company is carrying out their plans to push the Gov hand.

It seems like it could be a precedent type of behaviour. Imagine every industry holding Gov hostage for certain things. I understand in this case it's to protect the constitution, but when a ball begins to roll, the force that started it is rarely seen again...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by boncho

So it's ok for lobbyists to force the gov't to buy something, but not for an individual company? What's the difference, besides the lobbyists spending millions to buy a Congressperson?

Never said I agree with lobbying. But you are essentially taking bribes and changing it into extortion. Neither should be acceptable.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I wish Glock and S&W would follow suit, since they are the ones that the majority of Police Depts get their weapons from, then the ammo companies need to jump aboard as well.

Agreed Juggernog. Perhaps this could be the reason for all the massive ammo buying by the government departments of late?

They may have foreseen this kind of move by the manufacturers in retaliation for trying to grab the guns.

Which opens up an entirely new kettle of fish in regards to the 'nut in the school / cinema' story...because these massive and out of the ordinary ammo buy-ups were happening a lot earlier than the shootings...which would mean, if true...let's just say 'foreknowledge' by the government.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But that's what lobbyists do. Shortly after 9/11 airports were told by Tom Daschle, his wife was an L-3 lobbyist, that they either bought the L-3 EDS scanner and installed it in all airports, or the airport that didn't lost all federal funding until they did. The FAA IG determined that the L-3 EDS was substandard to other systems, but they're still all over the country. How is that different than this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join