It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Printing on the Micrometer Scale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The boundaries have been broken by 3d printing, now they are able to print on micro and nanometer scale. The also established faster printing from hours to minutes using 3d Laser-Lithography.that makes it the world’s fastest 3D printer of micro- and nanostructures.

With this printer, smallest three-dimensional objects, often smaller than the diameter of a human hair, can be manufactured with minimum time consumption and maximum resolution. The printer is based on a novel laser lithography method.
Increased Speed: Hours Turn into Minutes
By means of the new laser lithography method, printing speed is increased by factor of about 100

I think 3d printing will be man's next generation revolution in building things. I see the future that we one day print complete Houses to skyscrapers with huge printing machines . The entire building and furniture included will be printed.

Also this will be the next step of quickly colonizing planets and moons by placing these kind of machinery on the planet surface to build almost everything or better say everything.

Also in medical terms they are using 3d printing like printing human organs. They already been able to print Blood vessels and cartilage. And soon printing this directly into humans.This is called Bioprinting

So I think this will be the era of our evolution to come..
Peace..

Nanoscribe
KIT

edit on 10-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow !!!!

So our Replicator is getting better and better... i see !
I bet they already have developed printers to form nanostructures capable of housing bionanotech-brains or something like that

Looking forward to have some Nanites inside.
Skin and flesh wounds recovering like magic

Them little helpers working overtime inside sacred locations of our bodies, areas even our own mothers left untouched

Ermmmm... about your picture showing the scale...
Could swear that's a Hellcat from WC

O, human...
So wondrous your ways are !!

S&F because you proved with this thread that my bloody boss is controlled by nanobots.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Snaffers because: Stallone voluntered for the injections

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Fascinating information and coincidentally, I was actually looking recently into the possibility. That replicator technology was being looked into and am very impressed with your presentation.

PS:The President of the United States in his presentation to Congress just brought up the matter of 3D Printing.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Kashai because: added content

new topics

join