It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird, big black animal...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

No. Not blindly. You're not spewing any kind of relevant news, just regurgitating your personal opinions back at me. "You should have all your guns taken away, you're just a stupid kid, blah blah ga ga goo goo..."

There are plenty of people who are qualified to be "responsible" gun owners, who have gone through all the red tape of registering a real fire arm... and they hurt a lot more people than I ever have.

I've never even so much as pointed my BB GUN at anyone before.

You, along with the other scared little whiners here, obviously have never so much as touched any kind of fire arm... even a fake one, like a bb rifle. Listen, I understand that most people like to live under a rock, with no comprehension as to where their food comes from, what the government's true agendas are, and the fact that weapons are tools rather than homicidal items with minds of their own... but do not force those empty beliefs on me.

Pop the thumb out of your mouth.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Haha! Scared whiner am I? While you were still pooping your nappy, I was in a combat zone. Funny, because in a round about way, I was defending your freedom to own said BB gun...

Again. You could not identify your target. You fired at "something", blindly. If you had have successfully identified the target, I would not be accusing you of this.

"Wait! There's a noise. I can't tell what it is but I'll still blaze away at it with my dinky-toy BB gun"...

In order to prove you are mature enough to understand the safe handling of firearms, and progress to larger, more dangerous calibres, you must first start at the bottom.

You've failed the first step. Try joining the Military with that attitude of yours.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
As the supermod said, this isn't a gun thread. You can back and forth all you like, but there is no discussion going on regarding the topic.

Regarding the animal, unfortunately there is only a modicum of information which you are able to provide (understandably, as I'm sure you were more concerned with getting yourself and your sister the hell out of there), so it really is very difficult to make any sort of guess as to what it was.
Did you return to the site to have a look for prints, or scat, marks on trees, etc? Also a screen from Google maps of the area might do quite a bit to help us understand the lay of the land. Ask your sister if she can remember anything else about it too, but don't ask any leading questions. Keep them generic (how big, rather than was it over this height, etc).
Were there any animals making noise around you? Often you can tell a predatory animal is nearby because birds will give off their alert sound.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Lucky you and your sis got away from manbearpig. You might want to start shooting something bigger than a bb gun.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
Haha! Scared whiner am I? While you were still pooping your nappy, I was in a combat zone. Funny, because in a round about way, I was defending your freedom to own said BB gun...

Again. You could not identify your target. You fired at "something", blindly. If you had have successfully identified the target, I would not be accusing you of this.

"Wait! There's a noise. I can't tell what it is but I'll still blaze away at it with my dinky-toy BB gun"...

In order to prove you are mature enough to understand the safe handling of firearms, and progress to larger, more dangerous calibres, you must first start at the bottom.

You've failed the first step. Try joining the Military with that attitude of yours.

Dude, I am NOT perfect, alright? It's a bb gun. You, along with everyone else bitching and whining about the little flukes in my handling of the situation--get OVER it! I've already gone over it a million times. You're not proving anything except that YOU would have handled it differently.

Are you British? Or do you just... talk that way?

Oh yeah... and screw the military.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A panther maybe?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have concerns op, not because of the bb gun , shoot we use to play
war with them growing up and shoot each other. Most bb guns really dont
do much but sting a little.

What worry's me, is if that was a bear or large animal and you had hit it, i think
odds are you would of just ticked it off. Then been in real trouble.
I've had to stand my ground against a few bear, and i have to tell ya, it's some scary
crap. I'm just glad both times they decided to back off.
One charged and stopped about 12-15' away before it changed it's mind.

Yelling and being loud was a very wise choice. It would of done more to scare off what
ever it was than the bbgun ever could.

With more and more population moving into what use to be woods, animals are getting much
braver and bolder and going into populated area's where they didnt use to go.

Good luck hunting, hope you get a taste for it and make it a tradition. Learn all you can,
and be the best you can. (not biggest trophy hunter, ethical hunter.).

I'm glad your story did not end up with a trip to the ER from the animal.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

That was magical.

SnF OP

Google Genoskwa. Don't go in the woods unarmed.

reply to post by severdsoul

I have concerns op, not because of the bb gun , shoot we use to play war with them growing up and shoot each other. Most bb guns really dont do much but sting a little.

We used to do that too. Even with the high powered pumps.

edit on 20-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

I think you're continuing to troll.

You're really starting to piss me off, dude.

I guess that's okay, though... over the internet, I can't do anything about it. Otherwise, you'd keep your mouth shut and keep your ignorance to yourself.

Think I'm lying? Well prove it.

You can't. Because I'm not.

The only one trolling is YOU.

No, "otherwise", you would be put in your place like should have happened long ago.

It's already been proven time and again, you're just not smart enough to realize it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Not really an award winning thread, just wanted to share an interesting experience I had a couple days ago.

So I'm sitting in the woods with my little sister and younger cousin, and we're shooting bottles with my bb gun.

Number 1, why are you leaving broken glass in the middle of the woods? People could get injured not knowing it was there, animals could be injured, it's very irresponsible.

My cousin runs home to use the bathroom. My sister and I are talking, when all the sudden, I hear some really odd noise.
My sister stops talking, just staring at me, indicating that she had heard the noise as well.
It was breathing.
Heavy, husky breathing, coming from somewhere in the distance behind us. We both stand on the rock we were sitting on, turning around. She stands behind me. I'm holding my gun up in the defense, though I know that if it's a big animal, a bb gun won't do much.

You clearly state you did not see it, have no idea what it is. It could be a person, an animal, just about anything.

So, as we continue to hear the noise and the faint rustling of leaves in the moderate distance, I tell my sister to leave. She does.
For some reason, the paranoid side of me thought; what if it goes after her? Because she was crunching leaves and twigs as she left the woods.
So, I drowned out the noise of her walking by making amazing howling dog noises. I am awesome like that.

Making noises was a good idea

Anyway, I slowly back out of the woods, my gun raised towards the direction of the hefty breathing.
As I step out of the woods, I cocked and fired my gun into the trees at least five times in a row.

Here you say you BLINDLY fired in the general direction of something not even knowing what it was. It's good it was a bb gun and not an actual gun. That is extremely irresponsible behavior, very childish and immature. I would not want you to ever have possession of an actual gun due to your own admission of not knowing how to handle one safely and the willingness to shoot blindly at anything that moves not even knowing what it is.

I turned to my sister and said; "Well, y'know what that means. Let's get the hell outta here."
We speed-walked back home.
She told me she was barely able to see the animal from outside of the woods. It was big and black.
The breathing made me think of a boar, but here's the thing; we were right in between a school's property and a residential area. What would a boar be doing there?
I thought of a bear. I live in Tennessee, after all. But... a bear in a residential area? That's weird in the city, even for us rednecks.
I thought it was rather interesting.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, mods. Feel free to edit.

edit on 10-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

In a residential area, the chances are very good that it was a person. Again, I'm glad that all you are capable of carrying is a bb gun, otherwise someone could get seriously hurt due to your negligence

I agree with the people who are reprimanding you here. They make very good points.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

G,day mate. dont worry about the clowns going off at you for firing your bb gun. you did fine.

Actually it wasn't fine. It was stupid. Shows a disregard for firearm safety. What if it was bear and you took out its eye/ Would that make you feel good or something? Don't shoot at things you can't identify and don't shoot animals you don't plan on eating.

Edited to add: What was the point of the story anyways? Something rustled in the woods so you put it on ATS?
edit on 20-2-2013 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

G,day mate. dont worry about the clowns going off at you for firing your bb gun. you did fine.

Actually it wasn't fine. It was stupid. Shows a disregard for firearm safety. What if it was bear and you took out its eye/ Would that make you feel good or something? Don't shoot at things you can't identify and don't shoot animals you don't plan on eating.

Edited to add: What was the point of the story anyways? Something rustled in the woods so you put it on ATS?

Agreed. She clearly states she didn't get a good look at it, fired blindly into the woods (thank God it was only a bb gun) and left broken glass bottles behind in a residential wooded area. This is about as irresponsible as it can get.

She can't be trying to identify the "animal", she didn't get a good look at it and can't give a description of it physically or behaviorally other than it made sounds in the brush, very, very vague. It seems to be a failed attempt at appearing "big and bad with a bb gun" that ended up showing how immature and irresponsible she is instead of bringing her the ooooh's and ahhhh's she was looking for.

I don't normally say negative things about people or posts, but this one is very disturbing.

I say FAIL

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

If it was a bear and she shot it in the eye putting it's eye out, it would be
a thread about how 3 girls got killed by a wild bear.

A bbgun in the eye would do nothing but flat tick off a bear, and i'm sure
it would react very violently. Not something i would want to be on the recieving
end of, thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What if....

I had a teacher who used to say "No 'what ifs.'"

You could do that all day.

I'd add that as someone who has upset a raccoon, opossum, and other "small critters" they can make themselves pretty big and scary sounding when they really want to, though if your friend said it was big that throws that out I guess. A feral dog, perhaps?
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Shakes head and laughs.

A very compelling reason why children should never be allowed to use any type of firearm, without an adult supervising them. Guns and costumes do not mix, you should never handle a firearm of any type if your dressed in a costume. Your asking for problems.
edit on 20-2-2013 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
can't believe this thread is still alive. It probably was not a criptid and there is really nothing more to say (in my opinion). So you didn't look for prints later?

Good post severdsou, you actually added relevant information.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Oh yeah... and screw the military.

Screw the military that defends your right to carry a weapon? Screw the military that defends your freedom, and allows you to go about your live as you see fit to live it?

I'm lost for words, other than that you're coming across a little petty and insulting to that other poster.

You didn't aim, you took several shots at what you thought you heard. How can you aim at what you cannot see?

And I'm British, so is there a point to you asking him that too?
edit on 21-2-2013 by infiltraitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

well good for you your mothering instinct to protect young ones kicked in.

so i know i would have done the same being a father of three

i would do anything to protect them and any other young child

be them family or not

EDIT: you never know it may have been a murderer or some other type of bad person

if you know what i mean you know with kids being there and all

edit on 21/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Wait.... you just fired off your gun blindly into the woods?

BB gun or not, you don't see a problem with this?

Oh no. A BB gun being fired in the woods. What is this world coming to?
Next thing you know kids will be skateboarding without elbow pads.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I can't believe all these gun nutters are really going on about bb guns being shot into the woods.
This dumbassery has gone too far. It's like watching the adults on Southpark have an arguement over something stupid, except instead of being funny is trite and pathetic because this is real life not a cartoon. I'm sure 80% or more of ats grew up in a time where kids having bb guns was the norm. Seriously, you people need to get a grip on reality. Grow up. It's unfathomable how unreasonable, inflammatory, and plain stupid some of these comments are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join