It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dorner Profile: A Serious Threat in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'd like to present a theory here on ATS:

A tone of radical ideology is presented in Christopher Dorner's message, the prevailing theme being an anger born of racial discrimination:

He talks about his anger when facing prejudice.

How dare you swat me for standing up for my rights for demanding that I be treated as an equal human being.

He directs the anger at the police.

The enemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it’s the police officers.

He sees himself as a man with a purpose- ending discrimination by the police.

his department has not changed from the Daryl Gates and Mark Fuhrman days. Those officers are still employed and have all promoted to Command staff and supervisory positions. I will correct this error.

Terminating officers because they expose a culture of lying, racism (from the academy), and excessive use of force will immediately change. PSB can not police their own and that has been proven. The blue line will forever be severed and a cultural change will be implanted. You have awoken a sleeping giant.

Link

In pursuing and stopping violence, the worst should be prepared for. It has to be recognized that this type of ideology attached to a violent agenda has wide appeal. The message written by Dorner, in my opinion, is clearly written to two audiences. One, is the police force/culture of racism. The other, more important, audience is the victims of the corruption he is talking about.

How bad is racial corruption in the police force and society in general? I don't really know. What I do know, is that this corruption will be perceived by those living in poor, violent, minority neighborhoods.

I wager that among the criminal sector of urban communities, Dorner's message will draw a great deal of sympathy.

The key question: is this his first attempt at building his cause, or just the first action of some organization that has already been built? Does he have people working with him already?

In my opinion, the most likely scenario:

Dorner has support, and he is seeking more.

He is declaring war, trying to start a domestic terror campaign. He attempts to talk in a righteous way, it reminds me of bin Laden. He wants to be the leader of a minority liberation guerrilla movement akin to jihad-ism.

This will be a war of attrition and a Pyrrhic and Camdean Victory for myself. You may have the resources and manpower but you are reactive and predictable in your op plans and TTP’s. I have the strength and benefits of being unpredictable, unconventional, and unforgiving.

Now, I could easily be wrong. Dorner may be a lone actor. Even if he is, I believe he is seeking recruits. I think there is a pretty large market for this message: tens of thousands of gang members in LA might be receptive...an army of even a few dozen could cause extreme havoc if fighting with the type of attitude Dorner is trying to promote.

If Dorner can be persuasive in his cause, the initial campaign could potentially lead to a national problem. All out violent rebellion from the urban areas toward the establishment.

Even if my analysis is blowing this out of proportion, the type of American urban radicalism I describe is a genuine concern for America. A strong leader of this ideology could quickly worsen our domestic situation.

To summarize: I believe Dorner is not just a lone killer with a vandetta against LAPD. Judging by the language of his statement, he is an aspiring urban guerrilla army general.

I lean toward thinking that he is already involved with fellow militants in the LA area. Likely, he got to know the criminal community as an officer and started conspiring with them once fired. Within a week, I would predict that there will be an attack followed by another statement that carries on the agenda of recruiting.

He speaks in a self righteous way, he presents himself as a man of superior morals. His message and ideology will attempt to offer recruits a superior model of criminal organization than is currently common. An army that claims to be for a righteous cause.

What could all of this lead to?

Accelerated gun restrictions? Justification of overt mass surveillance?

When he left the police force, the government must have been aware of his politics. Specifically, his fixation of injustice toward minorities. It would seem that this type of person would have been tracked. Following his dismissal from LAPD, he either 1.) not kept tracked of by federal agencies, 2.) initially tracked but skilled enough to shake the trail, or 3.) allowed and even prodded to carry out his plans in order to fulfill some tyrannical ambition.

As I said, the worst case scenario has to be considered when attempting to stop the violence of an unknown perpetrator.

The worst case scenario here, is that Dorner succeeds in gaining support. Urban neighborhoods that already border on warzones start to gravitate to a single cause, and basically all hell breaks loose in the US.

I'm probably exaggerating this event. But, the problems of America's cities are so large as to be impossible to exaggerate. Radicalism will rise in these environments.

AMERICA HAS TO COMMIT TO IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF ALL.

Otherwise, we are vulnerable to this ideology that specifically unifies minorities - and to some extent, all poor people- and can spawn a violent agenda.

This thread will differ from other threads about Dorner in that it will focus on:

-the potential of urban militarism against the establishment
-whether or not you believe he has a larger organization or agenda
-the problems of America's cities
-racial dynamic of the above.

edit on 2/8/2013 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have a hard time finding anything in his manifesto that I disagree with. Resorting to killing is where I lose respect for Mr. Dorner.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yeah, violence is counter productive in solving the problems he discusses. I worry that he'll draw support from those who without a reservation for violence. People have proven willing to get behind radical leaders and kill for a cause they believe in.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Otherwise, we are vulnerable to this ideology that specifically unifies minorities - and to some extent, all poor people- and can spawn a violent agenda.

America has been working on these improvements since ending slavery, and the civil rights movement jump started significant positive change yet these radical groups are present and growing.

They themselves are filled with racial hatred more so than many of the people who are on the receiving end of their wrath! I don’t think anything can be done that would satisfy some of these fanatical idiots.

Nice work! S&F

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
his department has not changed from the Daryl Gates and Mark Fuhrman days. Those officers are still employed and have all promoted to Command staff and supervisory positions. I will correct this error.

Well if the above is right he's probably got a point

your tone however makes me uncomfortable,and i'm not in your country

just kinda felt the need to say that much,no offense meant

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Can you be elaborate on this? I don't want to be misunderstood.

I in no way seek to support or justify what Dorner is doing. I think the functioning of American cities is a severe problem that is breeding threatening ideology. Solving these problems is best done with creative business models, in my opinion. Not violence.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
He was fired in 2008 so he has had 4 years to plan what he is going to do and to recruit sympathizers.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by cjttatu

Can you be elaborate on this? I don't want to be misunderstood.

I in no way seek to support or justify what Dorner is doing. I think the functioning of American cities is a severe problem that is breeding threatening ideology. Solving these problems is best done with creative business models, in my opinion. Not violence.

Actually i'm not 100% sure,i wasn't going to hit the reply button.
I got a feeling from your post that you may have a bent agenda.

If i were to go into this subject i could write reams,so hitting the reply button was possibly a bad idea.

cities in general are going downhill rapidly,like i say i'm not from the states,however i've seen various cities around this part of the world-britain through europe ,turkey,thailand and africa..

It's not working on a very large scale,i'd like to offer an opinion on america but through only hearsay i can't/won't

I may have misread your tone but,something made/makes me uncomfortable between the lines of what you've written.

sorry i can't be more specific,and yeh possibly should have kept quiet.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Why the huge caps used in part of the OP, no need. Despite it all, there is something of a malfunction going on, and we don't need subliminal type messages, thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The large size font in the OP was to highlight my theory on what Dorner's intentions are. It wasn't intended to be subliminal in any way...pretty sure it is the opposite of subliminal.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by smurfy

The large size font in the OP was to highlight my theory on what Dorner's intentions are. It wasn't intended to be subliminal in any way...pretty sure it is the opposite of subliminal.

Like I said no need. But worth a try.
edit on 8-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

America has been working on these improvements since ending slavery, and the civil rights movement jump started significant positive change yet these radical groups are present and growing.

They themselves are filled with racial hatred more so than many of the people who are on the receiving end of their wrath! I don’t think anything can be done that would satisfy some of these fanatical idiots.

Nice work! S&F

America, was one of the first to sign up to the UN, and also to the UN declaration on human rights in 1947, and then did feck all about it, while people in some states were segregated and brutalized as sub humans, right into the 60's there is no getting away with that, the insincerity of it all speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I agree with your opinion of his tactics. I think he will lay low and then pop back up. As soon as he said it's a war of "attrition" that became pretty clear. Unless someone knows where he was going they won't find him.
edit on 8-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If he had that much ability SEALs would be hunting him quietly ,not police.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Check this out: This fellow - Dorner - found $8,000.00 in cash and returned it.

enidnews.com...=fdd0205ed56568&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fenidnews.com%2Ff3 4619491750dc8&domain=enidnews.com&relation=parent&error=not_authorized

top topics

join