It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guatemalan arrested with $31,000 in stomach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes you read that right..."in" her stomach, not strapped or taped around her stomach..."in" her stomach...

Guatemalan arrested with $31,000 in stomach

AFP - A Guatemalan woman was arrested at Panama's international airport as she tried to enter the country with more than $31,000 in cash stashed inside her stomach, Panamanian police said Wednesday.

The 44-year-old, whose identity was withheld, was arrested Monday after police conducted an X-ray of the woman who was exhibiting "suspicious behavior," according to the authorities. At least 39 different bundles that had been in her stomach were recovered by police, who estimated a total sum of $31,200.

An employee at a money changer counts USD 100 bills in Manila on October 25, 2012. A Guatemalan woman was arrested at Panama's international airport as she tried to enter the country with more than $31,000 in cash stashed inside her stomach, Panamanian police said Wednesday.

Source Article

She's at the hospital now apparently and authorities are waiting for her to "expell" the rest of the cash. I couldn't help but notice that the "employee" in the photo above is not wearing any PPE (latex gloves).

So how many of you actually have cash on you at the moment? We all know that there are a pleathora of illegal substances meandering about on our bills. If you weren't aware of all of the wonderous things embedded within your cash just take a look at this...Oh and I am not sure if there is a study of what other bacteria may be lurking around on your bills but nonetheless...

In a study reported in Forensic Science International, A.J. Jenkins, at the Office of the Cuyahoga County Coroner (Cleveland, OH), the author reports the analysis of ten randomly collected one-dollar bills from five cities, and tested for coc aine, heroin, 6-acetylmorphine (also called "6-AM"), morphine, codeine, methamphetamine, amphetamine and phencyclidine (PCP). Bills were then immersed in acetonitrile for two hours prior to extraction and subjected to Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis. Results demonstrated that "92% of the bills were positive for coc aine with a mean amount of 28.75+/-139.07 micrograms per bill, a median of 1.37 μg per bill, and a range of 0.01-922.72 μg per bill. Heroin was detected in seven bills in amounts ranging from 0.03 to 168.5 μg per bill: 6-AM and morphine were detected in three bills; methamphetamine and amphetamine in three and one bills, respectively, and PCP was detected in two bills in amounts of 0.78 and 1.87 μg per bill. Codeine was not detected in any of the one-dollar bills analyzed". The study confirmed that although paper currency was most often contaminated with coc aine, other drugs of abuse may also be detected in bills.

WikiPedia Source

Anyone have change for a $100 dollar bill?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Erm...

Scuse mu humour but... i couldn't help but have to type this out...

I am glad for that lady that they weren't coins, that would be a long and painful expelling process that would make her feel like a slot machine going backwards!!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I forgot to mention,

Have you ever watched some people who when counting bills will from time to time lick their fingers?

Makes you wonder huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by UberL33t

I forgot to mention,

Have you ever watched some people who when counting bills will from time to time lick their fingers?

Makes you wonder huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Those pictures are most likely file photos and not photos of the cash that was actually in her stomach.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Those pictures are most likely file photos and not photos of the cash that was actually in her stomach.

I truly hope that is the case, if nothing more for maintaining what very little faith in humanity I have left.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Yep, they are file photos, bills that had been stuffed up someones bum or swallowed would have been not as flat and crispy methinks?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just for info, it has been stated by many that nearly every pound, dollar, euro and many other currencies are almost all contaminated by traces of coc aine after a year of circulation (amongst other contaminants as well)...

So, message to all those aspiring magicians out there who like also to pop the odd coin in the mouth whilst the kids are not looking and then pop it back out to surprise the kids... who handled that coin before, or even was an aspiring magician too?

Or those rare ATSers who love counting your bank notes whilst every now and again licking your fingers to make them turn even quicker...

Check this link out which is quite interesting too : www.sciencenews.org...

YUK!!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join