It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playstation 4?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Hefficide

We Sony folks welcome you with open arms (rendered through augmented reality with our superior Move controllers).

Some of us actually like to play DLC when its released.

Sony has a bit of an issue with that. I'll stick with microsoft.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by Cuervo

We Sony folks welcome you with open arms (rendered through augmented reality with our superior Move controllers).

Some of us actually like to play DLC when its released.

Sony has a bit of an issue with that. I'll stick with microsoft.

Ouch...

I'll get an Xbox as soon as I can't afford my gas bill to heat my house.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I like my DLC to not have an live DRM attached to it.

My honest and total reason for having consoles is to play Elder Scrolls games ( Oh, and Fable.. but that game just brings out my inner 14 year old.
) - so DLC is something I have always enjoyed. What I don't want is to get a game that says "If you are not actively on the Internet when you push the start button - the game won't work at all". That is what the buzz is regarding Durango. If your net goes down? No Xbox. If you decide to cut the Internet so you can, I dunno, eat ( if things get tight)? You've now got a five or six hundred dollar lighted paperweight.... because it won't play games.

When Diablo pulled this it irked me. But I kind of shrugged and said "If I bought it, it'd only be one game that would be worthless if I had to go offline for awhile". But an entire high dollar console? That's just greedy.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Not sure I understand, are you saying Xbox doesn't work without an Internet connection?
Or just some games, which happens on PS3 as well anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just hope it doesn't turn too much into movement and sensor based crap. I don't want to move the controller all around and act like I'm playing a Wii. I want two analog sticks and some triggers.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
6pm EST tonight is the unveiling, hopefully. I don't know where it's streaming though.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Real time Blog...

ETA: Live from the unveiling...

Here
edit on 2/20/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

6:28:27 PM EST
Lastly, personalization. "Key design principle of the PS4 interface." System learns your likes and dislikes, shows you things you'll like. "Long-term vision is to reduce download times to zero... if we know enough about you we know what game you'll purchase next and download it in the background." That is... wild. And creepy.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So far...

Event Highlights

PS4 can upload videos while you play, allow users to watch games remotely
Sony's PlayStation 4 will use Gaikai game streaming technology
Sony PlayStation 4 games can be played while they are downloaded
Sony announces the PlayStation 4 and the new DualShock 4 controller with touchpad

6:38:46 PM EST
PS3 titles aren't natively supported on PS4.

Boo!

6:39:05 PM EST
But they're exploring 'advanced technologies' to make PS3 games available on any device.

edit on 2/20/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts. So did they show any specs of the system? Or just a bunch of lame game things.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Not really any specs in the technical sense, but they did talk about the graphics where Gaikai was involved...one of the bloggers post mentioned something about in 2005 there were 1,500 polygons and in PS4 there are 30,000.

The blogger stated that he thinks they unveiled now (likely too early) to get the jump on Microsoft. They mentioned there is still a lot of info that they are not releasing just yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just heard that the PS4 will have the ability to switch to a computer OS so that you can go from using your PS4 to plugging in your keyboard and mouse and use it like a desktop PC. All I know is that you can use Microsoft windows and Linux OS but I doubt that any mac products will be compatible on the PS4 sense they are a non mac company. The exterior will be different but not dramatically futuristic like we see in some of the concept designs or fan art. It will be a boxy shape with rounded edges and a dark (close to black) grey color and the controller is supposed to be the same as PS3. In fact you should be able to use old PS3 controllers on it. There is going to be some significant improvements to hardware and gaming performance (better RAM, better HDD with more standard disk space, better disk drive and improved internet confection) Retail price is predicted to be $400 for the basic model.
edit on 21-2-2013 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Just tried a PS4! I enjoyed it. I played the new killzone shadowfall and COD Ghost. Stunning graphics (if you have a good enough TV) nice controller although I wish they would allow the option of using a PS3 controller. The O.S is pretty cool but I'm still kinda attached to the PS3 O.S style. Only turn off for me is you gotta pay for online gaming on PS4 network. I know this is an old thread but I had to share my experence with the new PS4.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow a speculation thread all the way from Feb 2013, brought to live again...Funny to see what some of the things people thought the PS4 was going to be like about a year ago.
Well now that the ps4 is here and its counterpart the x-box 1.

Seeing I have one I pretty much expected things to be this way. So far its nothing all that great, I know they were somehow going to implement a pay a online fee. I think there working all the kinks because truly there its lacking, I would expect a major firmware/software update in the coming months. But so far its got the hardware, but lacking the software and finesse, even the game roster it has is pure week sauce.

However its understandable, and I knew all the better games were not going to come out some months after launch, so if anybody does not have any of the new systems, you not missing much. Pretty much the only game I play on my PS4 is Battlefield 4, and it will be like that for some moths till Sony gets there # together and more games come out, some of which were supposed to be out at launch, but were delayed by months. In all not missing much, but it will pick up speed and steam, and between the two the ps4 is the more powerful machine.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Pretty much the only game I play on my PS4 is Battlefield 4

That's all I play to. Ive given up on COD until they release something like MW2. The only other games im looking forward to are Watchdogs and Elder Scrolls Online. (Elder Scrolls being something Ive been anticipating for awhile).

If anyone wants to add me, my ps4 tag is KittenSprinkles

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

If anyone wants to add me, my ps4 tag is KittenSprinkles

Will do KittenSprinkles when I get a change, or you can just add me my tag is Rubido.

Battlefield 4 is pretty much the only game that has replayability on the PS4 as of yet. But even battlefield is getting old and waiting for some games to hit in the upcoming months even thinking of installing the PS3 and playing that till some more games come out.

Watchdogs is definitely a game I am going to get, however its still some months off. And they have bunch of games I am looking forward to like The Order 1886, Metal Gear Ground Zeros, and a bunch others. One game I am really starting to look forward to is The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. I missed playing the first games and I regret it now, especially since I was thinking of playing part 1 and 2 to get more familiar with the game. However the graphics really threw me off, there really outdated and just shows how long its been since back then. I am even planing on reading The Witcher books to get caught up on the game and its world before the game comes out. Its going to be freaking awesome.

Other then that there are two games coming out pretty soon which I am going to get. In a few weeks Thief is going to come out, and following that in March Infamous Second Son is coming out, any of those games would keep me busy for months and I am looking forward to both of them.

<< 1   >>

join