It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I love my country and hate my Government!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
There have been many posts on problems in this country. There have been posts saying this country is bad. However, I want you to know that we all have this wrong. You should love the good Ole’ US of A, and hate the tyrannical government.

I love this country because every day, you have the freedom to make a choice. You can choose what to watch, what to wear, who to vote for, to carry a gun or not, to be a citizen or a criminal. These are your choices.

I hate the government because every day they seek to limit those freedoms. They control mainstream media and present you what you will watch. They plaster markets with what should be worn. They are turning law abiding citizens into criminals.

I love this country because I can choose to be an entrepreneur and start my own business. I can go to whatever state I feel I want to live in. I can choose which college I want to go to.

I hate the government because with the level of taxation they take more than the people can give. They kill the spirit of charity. They are enforcing controls every day that begin to limit your freedom of choice. They are selling you all with words like “public safety” and “it is what you asked for”. Well I surely didn’t ask for this.

I love this country because in the end, I know the Patriots will stand.

I hate the government because; they haven’t done one thing right and are not qualified to do the job. US post office 15 billion in the whole, FedEx and UPS are profitable. Social Security is bankrupt; however, every day the private pension fund managers find a way to grow their clients’ bank accounts. Education department and system is out dated, we still have not been able to get it right and turn out students that lack the skills this country needs. They take our guns while standing behind armed bodyguards.

I could go on and on, but people, we must start waking up. We must make the right decisions and put regular patriotic citizens in office. Citizens that want to do the greater good for the whole protect the minority and then go home when their term is up. Politics should not be a career, but a civic duty.
We have the opportunity to start in the mid-term elections. Stand up and get the right candidates. Demand Term limits for all branches. Once this starts keep it going, and vote out the lifer politicians. We do not need them. Follow up in 2016. Keep it going and we can bring this country back.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I love this country because every day, you have the freedom to make a choice. You can choose what to watch, what to wear, who to vote for, to carry a gun or not, to be a citizen or a criminal. These are your choices.

Slightly delusional... That is the US Citizens problem lool.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The US government is undoubtedly the most evil govt in the world. The whole US government system is run by the same people wanting power. It was funny to see people fighting over Obama and Romney during the elections. You really think it matters who wins in the elections?

A very serious picture(unlike the others):-

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Every government limits choices and freedoms.

You have to give up some things if you wish to live in a society. You can certainly argue they are overstepping their bounds but no government gives you more choice and freedom.

That is anarchy - a lack of government.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Yes I may be delusional, but I will take my countries worst over most countries best. We will always have crime, but we differ on a different level. The country I was brought up in taught self reliance. That is what our country has forgotten about itself in many areas. However, this is my country and it amazes me still with everyone bashing it, how many still want to come here? You have to ask why?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

Duh, you just realized that. They have been the same party for a very long time, that is why we have no choice. That is why we need to get the Common Patriot Citizen in, with term limits and force a change. Hopefully we can achieve this peaceably.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

You have to give up some things if you wish to live in a society.

You make it sound like there's a choice.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Cool story bro.

join