It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, Someone Is Watching Me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No Chance - I See Them Real Time From Bakersfield, Ca - I'm in Texas. Google NEVER Shows ME - It' the guys that have been watching my site since almost day one

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Herre's the problem here guys - I KNOW when I'm on using Hostgator - it does not decern who the visitor is, Admin or Not - Google Does - It's NEVER Showed me Visiting in 4 Months - Ever.

That you can erase from your postulations on this.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullshark012

Are you sure it's not the search site updating the cache? A DNS server will act that way as well as a search site that has good programming. If you are posting questionable content, then you should expect to be eyeballed. Afterall, you can do all that with a script, so nobody has to spend many resources to keep tabs on you or your site.
It's a brave new world.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Alright - I'll just assume what I already know - it's the current U.S. Gov't admin. watching MY site for foul updates (which I'm innocent of) and will be watching unsuspecting other website owners in this country too. I just happen to KNOW when someone is watching me and what i might put out to the world that they don't agree with.
You guys can look into it further - I have work to do. I'll check back later if someone smart has the answer and is willing to talk about it.
It's a nice news site.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
NetworkDude - NO - it's NOT A Search engine or Spyder - already Know that - and there is Nothing 'Questionable" about my site - it's News and story's of interest occasionally - ALL LINKED TO THE NEWS SOURCE IT CAME FROM WITH MY OWN WORDS INSTEAD OF COPYING.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This IP address MIGHT be a hostgator Ip address

The IP address shows a website called

www.internap.com...

Which is a data center that HG might be contracting server farms from.

This Ip address also shows a bunch of sites using the same ip address, this happens when you have share hosting which I am almost sure you are using.

Now, if your website within hostgator is using Wordpress as its CMS, then please know that WP automatically pings out when you do a new post or page.

If you want to scan your website for malware / viruses just to make sure that you are clean, you can do so here

sitecheck.sucuri.net...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
In answer to your question, yes, there are several applications that can notify people instantly of site updates. Most certainly, if they had an interest, they could set up a script or bot to visit the site to capture the update.

One application I used to have would monitor sites I liked, and email me the changes. It was message based, however, not software based. It would even show if someone edited a message. (This was on blogs, btw).

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullshark012

Have you maybe thought these people are other web services updating their search info, when you update your site? Or post an article?

Have you given it a thought that maybe these ip's belong to fans of your site? I know for instance with ATS, I'm on the ball with all the new posts I can keep up with. A lot of times, I've been first in, open as many as I like in a few tabs and as I read them they age.

Unless you post about something of concern, like terrorism, anarchy, or anything that could be considered criminal I really wouldn't worry about it man.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks guys (and gals) I'm just going to live with it - it's not causing any problems that I can see. Just a bit strange, but I'll just continue to watch it - but for now, I thank you all for your helpful insight and I'll just keep do'in what I'm do'in...lol...ok guys...on to the next more important thing we all are watching, shoot, there is so much to keep up with lately... how 'bout N. Korea...oh well, that's another subject...night folks - thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Do you have something to hide >.> ?

Just kidding, that would make me paranoid too.

Even though Everything I do is above water, I've never even pirated a MP3. Wouldn't want the DHS coming for me.

i1-news.softpedia-static.com...

They have assault weapons, and 1.4 billion rounds to shoot all you pirates!!!! SMH.

edit on 6-2-2013 by PassiveObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullshark012
Thanks guys (and gals) I'm just going to live with it - it's not causing any problems that I can see. Just a bit strange, but I'll just continue to watch it - but for now, I thank you all for your helpful insight and I'll just keep do'in what I'm do'in...lol...ok guys...on to the next more important thing we all are watching, shoot, there is so much to keep up with lately... how 'bout N. Korea...oh well, that's another subject...night folks - thanks!

I've gone over your site...honestly, it's an ATS, lite version. I don't think anyone is *watching* you. Auto-update software is my guess.

Good Luck!

Des

top topics

<< 1   >>

join