It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Stop Traffic in New York City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
The photographs are real , the claims are lies. It shows scenes from the annual Muslim Day Parade in New York City. The parade started in 1985 and happens every year. The parade only takes place once a year. Muslims do not block New York streets every Friday to pray.

The sad thing is you see a picture of muslims praying in NYC and jump to the conclusion that they are trying to take over america. It smacks of racism,

couldnt you have just waited a bit to debunk this ?

Would have been amusing to see how many sheeple would fall for this crap

edit on 3-2-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well, shoot... You sure know how to deflate a guy's balloon.

In fairness though, I suppose that fact there makes this an example of how context can change everything on reaction and right/wrong of what's been photographed. I certainly have no problem with any other parades to include the Greens, Gays, Occupy or Thanksgiving Day for that matter. 1st amendment and all that.

I really wish the tolerance and ability to be right out and open with religious worship in public was tolerant to ALL sides...and that is sure what's changing. These aren't policy makers or leaders in the photo though. I can see that clearly enough...so no gain is had to be bashing them for being in their own formal parade.

Thanks for clarification on this. (...and who said minds aren't changed on ATS by reasonable and intelligent discourse?
)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would be perfectly fine with religion just going away completely. But since it's not going to any time soon, then what's good for the Christians, or the Catholics, or the Protestants, is good for the Muslims. I'm all for tolerance of all religions if we can't just make it go away.

This email first made the rounds through my mother's friends, that's how I knew what it was. They had all the outrage over this happening all the time, and it took me about three seconds to find out the truth. That just showed me how people react without even trying to find the truth, and don't care about the truth sometimes, they just want to be outraged over something.

As for the mind changing, it's kind of refreshing when it does happen. It's becoming quite rare anymore.

<< 1   >>

join