It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos soil sampling UFO? My pictures, and I am one of those who were there.(Kharkov phenomenon)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Write the topic made ​​me inexplicable fact that I encountered in my life. I live in Ukraine in the city of Kharkiv. Once I traveled with friends to explore the destroyed monasteries. One local woman was our guide and agreed to show us a hole in the woods without a bottom. We laughed and did not believe her. But she said she would show it to us. And here we are. We were all in shock, I've never seen this. We saw a hole with a diameter of 1.2 meters. When we lowered the depth of roulette was 20 meters. This is not a well-place blind. And secure the tree wells or rings. This is not a drill machine - it is impossible to drive and there is no trace. And there is the strange trees. I can not understand to this day what it was. We go back the next day and went down. It was the year 2007. All my pictures, my pictures. There are high quality. So watch my video. Sorry for bad English. I've been through this electronic translator.
For me, it still remains unclear ....

Who has any hypothesis? I am sure that in the world anywhere else does not.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Kamikadze72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Reminds me of something similar to MEL'S HOLE.

Mel’s Hole is a supposed geographic anomaly discovered by Mel Waters on his land near Ellensburg, Washington. Waters claimed that he lived in or near Manastash Ridge, Washington, about nine miles due west of Ellensburg, though later investigation revealed that no such person was listed as a resident. According to Waters, the hole has paranormal properties, including a possibly infinite depth and the ability to restore dead animals to life.

It is speculated that the hole’s properties might be tied to some cosmological events, including unspecified alignments of the moon.

LINK
edit on 3-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Great video

I have no idea whatsoever what this could be, it seems too circular and smooth to be natural but the diameter seems far too large to be bored by a machine in that particular location.

Looking forward to other opinions on this.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Am I missing something here?

What does this have to do with a soil sampling UFO?

It just looks like a common or garden sinkhole to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We have holes like that near my house in Rockwood conservation area. Some go down forever it seems, I believe we have one of the deepest in world or North America. They were formed during and after the ice age by water dripping in the same spot for thousands (millions?) years. Some of them are full of water due to the hard granite stone others drain away like yours. It is pretty amazing to see. Scientist have taken samples from the bottom of some of these holes as they collect leaves and animals over thousands of years. One hole was used by a farmer as his land fill back in the 1800s.

Nothing alien about them just a cool natural hole.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I can assure you this is not the garden. With regards to sampling. When I first saw a sleepless night. I thought that it might be - a meteorite struck by lightning. But this can not be - because there is no trace of fusion and the shock wave. The well-have you ever seen such deep wells without fixing the walls. Yes, I'm sure it's time well is filled up and collapse.This clay and sand

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
4 and a half minutes of dramatic music and a hole.

Looks like an old well.

But it looks more like an old hole.
edit on 3-2-2013 by fatpastyhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The old well - where fixing walls? Snow, rain, fraying. This is not a rock - this clay ....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamikadze72

You still haven't explained where the soil sampling UFO comes into it!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I did an expose' on this phenomena in one of my threads entitled Earths Unsolved X-Files

7. The Russian ground anomolies.

A strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests. People are finding strange, deep holes. They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground. There is no soil nearby that should be taken from such deep hole. When people are brave enough to venture into the holes, they find that they end abruptly in the darkness. There are no any reasonable ideas on how these holes appear and what they are being used for. No one knows who or what is digging these holes or why.

englishrussia.com

Very strange indeed.....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Don't they have a barrier around that hole? I would hate to think someone would accidentally fall into it.

From the pictures, it seems like what ever made that hole had a twisting motion. The walls of the hole look like there's evidence of that. However, I'm not a geologist or a miner, just my observation.

You can add this to one of the many mysteries of this world. All I know, the guy that went down that hole was one brave fellow.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nolabel

You still haven't explained where the soil sampling UFO comes into it!

And what happened to the pit bottom? Disappeared?
Next to one of the photos you can see another hole. But it is a depth of 3 meters.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ancient lava tube?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-2-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Could they have anything to do with the building of the Kharkiv Metro .

Initial plans for a rapid transit system in Kharkiv were made when the city was a capital of the Ukrainian SSR. However, after the capital moved to Kiev in 1934 and Kharkiv suffered heavy destruction during World War II, a rapid transit system was dropped from the agenda. In the mid-1960s, the existing mass transit system became too strained, and construction of the metro began in 1968.
en.wikipedia.org...

Just a thought .

Or perhaps just a Borehole .

borehole (well, dug well) A hole drilled into rock, usually by rotary methods, to enable an assessment to be made of the characteristics of the rock itself and of contained fluids, e.g. groundwater, natural gas, or petroleum. The size may range from a few tens of millimetres in diameter to over 300 mm, and boreholes can be drilled at any angle to depths of several kilometres. Rock samples may be recovered from below the surface, the rock may be examined by downhole geophysical or other methods, or pumping tests may be run. Boreholes may also be used as water, gas, or oil production wells.
www.encyclopedia.com...

edit on 3-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Subway is not connected, as it is outside the city. 30 kilometers from the metro :-)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Although I would agree that this hole seems strange, one only has to be aware of the strange properties that an area can be given, by the processes of geology. As other posters have pointed out, it does seem as if this hole is a sink hole.

Also, as interesting as it is, I very much doubt that the hole has no bottom. It is rather more likely that the hole is merely very much deeper than the ropes used to investigate its stygian depths allowed for during your investigation.

With regards to the Kharkov phenomenon referenced in the title of this thread, there seems to be no evidence of radiological action as a cause for this hole. Checking the area with a geiger counter would be an idea, if one is concerned about radiation as a cause of this hole.

Of course, the issue of depth would be interesting to conclude upon. The only way to check that would be to actually probe the lower limits of the hole, with possibly some sort of armoured remote camera carriage, that one might drop down the hole. It would have to be capable of surviving a massive impact at the bottom, but such things are not beyond the bounds of modern engineering.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm not understanding the reason why some people believe aliens are involved.

Couldn't these simply be holes drilled by humans, such as well holes, or mine air shafts -- maybe even drilled decades ago (hence the reason for nobody knowing the holes' purpose).

These could have been drilled by people years ago, then forgotten about.

edit on 2/3/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Or maybe the hole has something to do with this ..

Today's borehole launch proves a successful cooperation of Ukraine with foreign partners. He expressed hope for further effective cooperation of the Ukrainian side with the Shell company, which is an investor of this project.

The President drew attention to the fact that the project implemented in Kharkiv also considers the environmental factor. "It is very important that we always have a high level of environmental protection. I am grateful to the Shell company for the component of environmental protection," he said.
Ukraine created favorable conditions for business

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes -- that's exactly the kind of thing I meant by my previous post.

I mean, we humans have the ability to drill holes, and we do drill holes, and we have drilled many holes in the past. So why are people looking for an alien explanation?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Suppose that it is drilled by geologists. Where traces of the technology? There, around trees, slope. There were no trees would be the marks of wheels or gusenechnyh tracks.
Suppose drilled 30 years ago. To make it to the well for 30 years? It would be filled up with clay. I was on the bottom. There are aside otvetleniya. to 0.5 meters high and 1.5 meter in length. Later I'll show you pictures from the bottom.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join