It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the Altamont UFO footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
According to this Simon & Schuster Web page,

Michael C. Luckman is director of the New York Center for Extraterrestrial Research and the founder of the Cosmic Majority, an organization that seeks to represent the majority of people on earth who believe in UFOs, life on Mars, and the paranormal. Luckman taught the nation's first college course on rock music. He lives in New York City.

He wrote a book titled Alien Rock, about UFO sightings by rock stars. The reason I'm bringing this up is that he claimed that Mick Jagger saw a UFO from the stage at the infamous Altamont concert and that there was film of it. We know that there was an outdoor audience of some 300,000, most looking at the stage (with the UFO, if there really was one, behind them) and several movie cameras rolling, which provided most of the footage for the documentary Gimme Shelter.

So where's that UFO footage?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Probably doesn't exist. Just like every other BS story in that book.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It is a book made for sales. Doubtful half of it is true.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'd wager to say he was tripping out.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This gives a pretty good look inside the book:

www.amazon.com...

But I just want to see what he was calling UFO footage. Maybe it made it into the documentary. But if so, I would expect someone to have noticed and made noise about it.

And if Jagger had pointed to it during a song and said, "Hey, look at that," well, given that he does a lot of pointing anyway, I imagine most people would have taken it as part of the act and not checked the sky behind them.

top topics

join