It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Kyle, Navy Seal Sniper, murdered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Chris Kyle, a Navy Seal who wrote the 2012 book "American Sniper" has been murdered at Rough Creek Hunting Lodge in Texas on Saturday, February 2 (thanks to SonOfTheLawOfOne for correcting my initial wording in a post below). Kyle was the American sniper with the most confirmed kills, 160, all of them coming during the Iraq engagement. His alleged murdered was captured hours after the shootings.

Source:

www.yourglenrosetx.com...

Kyle's wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2013 by Aleister because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is the Navy Seal who claimed to have punched Jesse Ventura in the face years ago because Ventura was badmouthing another Seal. Ventura denied that claim, and said he never even met Kyle.

When the motive comes out I wonder if it was an argument that got out of hand at a hunting lodge (not a firing range as I had written, see post below), not the best place to engage in real combat with the U.S.'s record breaking sniper. It seems to have been a spur of the moment thing, because the alleged killer fled in Kyle's vehicle - which opens up the question of how the shooter got there, with somebody or did he walk..

edit on 2-2-2013 by Aleister because: correction supplied by a poster a few posts down

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The man suspected of murdering Kyle and the second individual was apprehended near Lancaster hours after the incident, the Stephenville Empire-Tribune reported.

Hopefully there will be some detailed info soon.
edit on 2/2/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Chris Kyle, a Navy Seal who write the book "American Sniper" had been murdered at Rough Creek firing range in Texas on Saturday, February 2. He was the American sniper with the most confirmed kills, 160, all of them coming during the Iraq engagement. His alleged murdered was captured hours after the shootings.

Source:

www.yourglenrosetx.com...

Whoa, doesn't sound like a random killing, but not enough information out yet though. He wrote a book about his kills, did he reveal something he wasn't supposed to? Maybe he was eliminated for it. Or, maybe someone retaliated for those 160 Iraqi's he killed.

link   
reply to post by Aleister

It was a hunting lodge, not a firing range.

Rough Creek Lodge, an upscale hunting lodge, is located near the Somervell County line on U.S. Highway 67 between the cities of Glen Rose and Stephenville.

At first, I thought a murder at a firing range would be strange until I read the source.

Other than that, good find OP.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

My mistake, as a hunting lodge is quite different than a firing range. I'll correct the first post but credit you. Thanks.

So if it was an upscale lodge, and the alleged killer took Kyle's car to flee in, it seems to have not been a thought-out killing but when the details emerge I would think it was an argument that spun out of control. .

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Read somewhere he was doing a charity for vets and one turned on him..

Will see if I can find it again

There seem to be some conflicting reports about the death of celebrated NAVY Seal Chris Kyle today: Crazy. Chris Kyle was at Rough Creek doing a charity event for wounded vets and one of them turned gun on him, killed him and another vet.

inagist.com...
edit on 2-2-2013 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There was a bounty on his head from what I read on wikipedia and he did become quite popular after returning to the US. Maybe those bounties were still active once it was realized he had been spotlighted in various ways. *..A huge reach I know...

For his deadly track record as a marksman during his deployment to Ramadi, the insurgents named him Al-Shaitan Ramad (English The Devil of Rahmadi) and put a $20,000 bounty on his head that went up to $80,000 later on.

On the other hand I cant help but feel this will somehow be tied to the previously ongoing litigation between Jesse Ventura and himself. Who knows, just seems suspicious, every damn gun fired now seems suspicious.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Live by the sword and all I guess.
I certainly would not brag about murdering 160 folks even if my politicians said it was ok.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

One example of the 160 was aiming a RPG at US military personnel. If you still call that "murder", then your opinion isn't really valid.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This 'human' made me cringe when I saw him give an interview. He bragged about his first kill, a woman holding a baby that he said pulled out a hand grenade and was preparing to throw it at some US personnel. So he killed a woman holding a baby, and that was just for starters? And do we have more than his word that she was preparing to do something?

His hubris and glee bragging about this, and the issues with claiming he decked Jessie Ventura, after which JV gave him the opportunity to withdraw the statement 'because he was admitting to a felony and it never happened' were all I wanted to know about him.

Guess he's as good at catching bullets as he is at throwing them.

Sorry, no sympathy here.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by g146541

One example of the 160 was aiming a RPG at US military personnel. If you still call that "murder", then your opinion isn't really valid.

A US military that should not have been there.
My life was and has never been in danger from a man in a robe and sandals on a camel with a Mosin Nagant.
I have family in the military and I let them know not to try and spread that corporate bull around me.
Our boys die for companies, not US.
Valid enough, or have you been brainwashed?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who is recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, officials said.

www.khou.com...

May he RIP.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

So he died trying to help a PTSD comrade. Well at least this was an honorable final act. The PTSD guy has a lot more to worry about now than what happened to him overseas.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I haven't been brainwashed but you are completely ignorant of the rules of war to call a armed combatant in a war zone a victim of murder. So regardless of how you try and paint it, it was not murder in that instance. Any attempt to try and justify your obvious bias in this matter is fruitless.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
He bragged about his first kill, a woman holding a baby that he said pulled out a hand grenade and was preparing to throw it at some US personnel. So he killed a woman holding a baby, and that was just for starters? And do we have more than his word that she was preparing to do something?

And do we have any proof that she was not?
Questioning his statement unless proven otherwise indicates nothing.

That is where the enemy uses your own sensibilities against you. They demoralize you and break your will to fight.

If someone is doing something to kill me, or one of my friends, I don’t care if he, or she is holding baby Jesus, I am going to be using what ever I have at my disposal to stop them before they do what they are getting ready to do. I don’t care if I have a .177 bb gun, or a 20mm anti material rifle. It will be pointed at them and my finger is going to be pulling the trigger.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Most likely one of the Rich Sheiks over there was paying handsomely to get rid of him, as revenge of all the fallen brothers he had on his conciense. Not a wise thing to go public about something like that. The killer probably thought he would get away to cash in the bounty but seems he got caught instead.

Lesson learned: If you killed anybody, war or not, keep it quiet, there is always someone out there that wants revenge.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by g146541

I haven't been brainwashed but you are completely ignorant of the rules of war to call a armed combatant in a war zone a victim of murder. So regardless of how you try and paint it, it was not murder in that instance. Any attempt to try and justify your obvious bias in this matter is fruitless.

You just do not understand.
The US was somewhere they should not have been, illegally too!
By your logic, it would be fine to break into someones home and kill them for trying to protect their life and property.
My bias is not murdering innocents, I guess I am biased.
Let me ask, if Chinese soldiers were in Texas murdering the populace, would it be ok to aim a rocket launcher at those Chinese soldiers???
Sure this sniper died doing something most probably good but, karma finally caught up to him.
Chances are, the slodier with PTSD got there by realizing he was a murderer and not a freedom fighter, he got lied to and finally realized it.
He lived a good portion of his life murdering freedom fighters.
edit on 2-2-2013 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Didn't somebody mention recently that high-profile names in the gun world would be getting assassinated? Could've just been Alex Jones, don't remember, but the numbers are adding up, unless I'm mistaken.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Didn't somebody mention recently that high-profile names in the gun world would be getting assassinated? Could've just been Alex Jones, don't remember, but the numbers are adding up, unless I'm mistaken.

Doesn't seem like an assassination as much as a PTSD guy imagining something, realizing he has a gun in his hand, and firing. Depending on the circumstances, a good lawyer can get him committed to a VA mental hospital. But the problem for the shooter is that he's now the "fastest gun in the west" having taken out the U.S.'s top sniper, and even in a mental facility he may have to be in isolation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join