It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie of "United We Stand" and the Sacredness of the Universal Law of Dispersion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was pondering someones claim of factions in our government fighting for and against attempted control of the world by Aliens. During that moment, I had a psychological breakthrough that I'd never considered before. Mods, forgive me,- I considered posting this in the Philosophy forum but figured it was more directly related to Survival. If you must reclassify it as Philosophy and Metaphysics, do so.:

We have always been told a 1000 times, "United we stand, divided we fall". And simply envisioning a few scenes from the movie Gladiator "Come together!" displays the strength of that concept. BUT... What if... That's not always the best solution.

What if, as in the case of the One World Government (Assuming: It could be run by people or aliens with nefarious purposes), in that case, the true principle we should follow is more like:

"Ununited, Unconquered".

* I thought about using antonyms for united such as: divided, separate, and disparate; but they didn't imply quite the same meaning of resistance. "Ununited" seems to have a ring to it. Perhaps:
Ununited, undivided. *sounds paradoxical, but it's not. We actually hold ourselves together by maintaining a disunity.

An example would be: Two people being chased by a third being. Together they are still overpowered and don't stand a chance, and will both be caught at the same time. But if they split, and run in opposite directions, then the being (whatever it is, alien, slave driver, oppressive government soldier, cheetah) has to pick one to chase and let the other escape.

A larger more directly relevant example: It's much harder to control a whole planet as one if every state thinks it's on its own and want's to make its own decisions. When they do not unite as one, they retain the ability to fight and persist even if some of them do get conquered. Take for example Iceland's recent revolution in which it stands as one of the only nations in which the peoples government abuses the bankers, instead of the bankers abusing the people.

Divided, the truth survives. United, it burns.

It burns as one. Once! Forever. As the libraries of Alexandria and Timbuktu -- but divided, the truth seeks out nooks, and crannies. It emerges to fight again (much as did the dead sea scrolls and the "lost" books of the bible.

So long as it lives, it reigns. But United, it can burn as one, to ash.
edit on 2-2-2013 by NJoyZ because: The video posted by another member which gave me the idea: youtu.be...

edit on 2-2-2013 by NJoyZ because: Considering re-titling this: The Lie of "Divided We Fall"...

edit on 2-2-2013 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

wow great post, definitely a lot to dissect in this one...

maybe united as a people, but divided from the government, its the only way we can fight back

new topics

join