It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Seized Nearly 1,500 Guns In Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
For those of you who think you are sitting on gold mines hoarding weapons you may want to think about that again.

Molon Labe? Ok We Will.

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A federal search warrant affidavit outlines the massive raid that seized nearly 1,500 firearms from the home and business of an Albuquerque man and why the feds were after him.

And lets not leave out the propaganda.

“I didn’t really see the guns but from a distance," the neighbor said. "I saw them being pulling them out into the front yard. “Its very scary in the fact that the school is so close by makes it seem even more dangerous.”

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Neighbors said Adams was a gun collector, and some heard he was a licensed gun seller, too.

Federal investigators confirm that. However, they're also investigating him for possible gun smuggling, tax evasion and violating importation laws.

Funny. If he were facing tax and importation/smuggling violations over Chinese electronics the story wouldnt be nearly as sensational.

From the photos and video I've seen it looks like his rifles were all old surplus types.

Maybe a C&R holder who drew too much attention to himself trying to play type 1.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

My GOD! Are people that stupid? How does a school nearby make it anymore dangerous? Did this man have 1,500 trigger fingers? 1,500 cult like followers? If the school was across town could he not get there within 15 minutes? Why would he want to attack a school?

I am sick of all this ignorance, people need to start slapping people again. Just glove slap the hell out of ignorant people without saying a word so they can reflect on their ignorance.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I guess they finally found someone with a larger gun collection then me.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Why was this man targeted? Why were his possessions seized and his house searched without just cause.

From the article:

Adams has not been charged with any crimes although Homeland Security said the investigation is not over yet.

So was this just to scare gun owners or to make a headline? I guess they are setting a precedence for violating the rights of gun owners. If you are a gun owner or collector you lose ALL your rights.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The Feds are stealing his weapons and then they will move on to the next person who is holding anything of value.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Lucky. I've found myself in a less than desireable situation. I don't have a semi because I wasn't worried and didn't have one when the shooting went down. Now I have been trying to find one for a reasonable price before the laws make it impossible, but people are charging absurd prices and I just can't pay that only to see it blow over and have wasted a grand more than they are worth.

If I can find an AR or AK for a decent price I'm going to grab it up.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Adams has not been charged with any crimes

I don't know what to say to that, holy crap. The man's home was raided and his propery confiscated but they don't have any charges to file against him? Raiding private homes to find something to charge them with is kinda backwards isn't it?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Raiding private homes to find something to charge them with is kinda backwards isn't it?

That's how the law operates now. They find something or someone they dont like, throw three or four pages of charges at him then let the attorneys figure out what they can make stick while the poor guy sits in terror waiting for some ray of hope while legal thugs try to convince him to just confess to something, anything and they'll take it easy on him.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Lucky. I've found myself in a less than desireable situation. I don't have a semi because I wasn't worried and didn't have one when the shooting went down. Now I have been trying to find one for a reasonable price before the laws make it impossible, but people are charging absurd prices and I just can't pay that only to see it blow over and have wasted a grand more than they are worth.

If I can find an AR or AK for a decent price I'm going to grab it up.

Im friends with my local gunshops, there only jacking up the prices to those people they dont know and are new to the gun market. my best advice is talk to a friend thats friends with a gunshop, having him order the gun, its going to be on backorder and you might have to wait a few months, and the gunshop will give him a far market price on it just because hes a regular. Once he picks it up, buy it off him for the same price.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is where I really believe ambulance chasing lawyers will be helpful, every single one of these illegal activities need to be exposed. What better way to hurt the agenda is to have them start paying out to the victims. The crooked lawyers need to make it a media fiasco in favor of the Victim each time. That will start to show the rest of the Obama voters that he is "Der Fuhrer" and is trying to reign supreme over all.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Same here, now that I finally had enough money to get an AR or AK now I don't have the money again because prices where I live shot up to $2,500 to $3,000.

I'm happy for those who were able to get things before all the drama started but if you are like this guy with huge caches just holding on to the stuff don't be surprised when they come to take it all away from you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
This is where I really believe ambulance chasing lawyers will be helpful, every single one of these illegal activities need to be exposed.

The problem with that is they officially legalized this crap right after 9/11. Not a single senator or representative even read the Patriot Act before they voted on it, not one.

How do we know he's a terrorist?
'Cause he looks like one!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Neighbors said Adams was a gun collector, and some heard he was a licensed gun seller, too.

Federal investigators confirm that.

If indeed the individual was a licensed gun seller, he gave up his Fourth Amendment rights when he applied for the FFL - same goes for registering an NFA firearm, device or "AOW (any other weapon)". It is a condition of obtaining any kind of firearms license that your records and arms are available for inspection at any time.

Having 1500 guns is quite a bit excessive for a mere collector that's not in the firearms business - even so, if any of his guns required registration, he'd agreed to onsite inspection at the whim of the fedgov already. In the context of this story, it would be reasonable to assume that "tax evasion" pertained to neglecting to procure the appropriate NFA registrations at $200 per each.

Let's not promote more fear and loathing - except for the media which is sensationalizing any and all stories related to firearms these days. I'm not saying this can't happen to any of us, just that maybe in this case there may have been a bit more justification than some random citizen with an extensive gun collection.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

There is one where I go pretty regularly, but it seems like everyone is jacking the price up. The one that I go to regularly that is decent has semi fair prices, still higher than I would want to pay. I am just waiting to see if it fails and hoping a friend gets rid of one. One local gun store has WASR 10's (which you probably know were going for 450 a few months ago) listed for 1,300!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

What happen to innocent until proven guilty????

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

Hey, you've gotta read the fine print when you sign something like a federal application for a firearms license!
That's why I've never been motivated to get an FFL or register an NFA firearm - it opens the door to all kinds of abuses the fedgov may want to impose upon you... at any time... for any reason... all with your prior consent.

Besides, the guy hasn't been charged with anything yet, so he's still got some due process coming.
I'd be willing to bet we'll never see the resolution of this case featured in the mainstream media, since they already got most of the shock value propaganda out of the story already.

ganjoa

top topics

join