It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God....Religion and Nothing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I really belive that people grasp to a god or religion because they are afraid of the unkown. What happens when you die? You don't want to belive that there is absolutly nothing. That is my question. What is nothing.

I don't mean zero or null or a vacuum and such. What is nothing?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Nothing is nothing. The ceasing to exist. Pleasant though, isn't it?

I know where you're coming from on this one. One day, I dared anything that existed beyond humans, death or whatever to show itself. Needless to say I got an answer but not what I was expecting. Instead of 'opening the door' to what came in, I should have first seen if God existed or not. Saves a lot of pain that way.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I was raised Catholic, but I quit by the time I was 15. It didn't ever really work for me. I spent years with some vague belief in God before I finally realized I didn't believe in any sort of all-powerful creator being. No religion I've investigated has given me anything believable. Heck, I went to a Catholic college, took a New Testament course, and was actually given information that pretty much shouted out that all accounts of Jesus were made up. (It wasn't presented that way, but anyone who thought about it would come to the same conclusion.)

I tend toward agnosticism, mainly because I think it's beyond my ability to know for certain. Still, I don't believe. I think we've just got some powerful myths going these days that don't really hold up to investigation.

join