It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Quotes From Tony Abbott to Remind You Why He Shouldn’t Be Prime Minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
16 Quotes from Tony Abbott to remind you why he shouldn't be Prime Minister

I'll add before anyone reads further - I don't mean for this to be a political debate on Gillard vs Abbott, I just find his constant foot - in - mouth statements hilarious (In a 'is this guy for real?!' sort of way)

So, with Australian PM Julia Gillard calling for the Federal Election in September, this has popped up on my facebook, It's from a wordpress blog, just a few of his best moments.

On women:

4. ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’

5. ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

6. ‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’

7. ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’

On Indigenous Australia:

15. ‘There may not be a great job for them but whatever there is, they just have to do it, and if it’s picking up rubbish around the community, it just has to be done’

On Nicola Roxon:

16: ‘That’s bulls***. You’re being deliberately unpleasant. I suppose you can’t help yourself, can you?’

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

On climate change: 9. ‘Climate change is absolute crap’ 10. ‘If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax.’

huh?

is he for it or against it?

thats confusing

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't see anything particularly Earth shattering in any of those quotes.

1 quote from Julia Gillard to remind you why she's a deceptive shill:

There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead.

Yes Abbott is a total idiot... and I hate having to pick between two clowns who cannot be trusted. But it's obvious Julia is not the best choice. She's an idiot who understands nothing about economics and business... not to mention an unapologetic liar. And a liar is worse than anything.
edit on 1/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I don't see anything particularly Earth shattering in any of those quotes.

1 quote from Julia Gillard to remind you why she's a deceptive shill:

There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead.

Yes Abbott is a total idiot... and I hate having to pick between two clowns who cannot be trusted. But it's obvious Julia is not the best choice. She's an idiot who understands nothing about economics and business... not to mention an unapologetic liar. And a liar is worse than anything.
edit on 1/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Yeah, like when she said "I will play full forward for the Bulldogs before I take over from Kevin Rudd".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
They’re both poor choices. Though, I’d pick Abbott. Gillard is an idiot and Labor has been a disaster since 2007. Though at that point, Howard needed to go. Either way, the country is stuffed. Everything is insanely expensive and it just grows year upon year. Absolutely criminal some of the percentage increases in things like utilities, a lot due to the carbon tax that was clearly stated would not be introduced, haha. There’s $20 tax on a bottle of spirits. Over $15 tax on a slab of beer. Labor’s answer to everything is a tax - the carbon and “aclopops” taxes being the most glaring... But also taxing cigarettes like they have. These so-called “sin” taxes...

Abbott seems to have matured a bit with the leadership. He doesn’t say as many stupid things. I’ll probably be voting for him. Gillard needs to go. Absolutely, categorically must go.

All of those clowns need to be reminded that they all work for us. They serve us. We do not work for them. We do not serve them. We pay their wages. They need to start making decisions for us, not for them and their sacred budgets.
edit on 1-2-2013 by BlindBastards because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join