It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flu symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've had the flu many times in my life but this one has a strange mental component that I haven't encountered before. Cyclical dreams that loop over and over with no deviation. A cough that varies from very painful to non existent. Color blindness at times and extreme sensitivity to noise. Yes I am a CT nut and I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't more to this flu than just a viris.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Did you take something different for the flu this time or did you use the same medication you always use ?

That's important to know.

Also, are you sure it's the flu ?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You should go to the doctor and get a ct scan. Not the ct you mention

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by olaru12

Did you take something different for the flu this time or did you use the same medication you always use ?

That's important to know.

Also, are you sure it's the flu ?

Asprin, Advil, orange juice and hot green tea. Nothing different.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I have never heard of anyone having symptoms like colour blindness. Weird dreams sounds pretty normal if you have a high fever though.
So I would maybe check those symptoms with a doctor or something in case it could be something worse.

And out of curiosity.. Did you take the vaccine??
edit on 29-1-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Okay. Well, then I would go have that checked out. I'm not sure it's just the flu. I'm sorry you're suffering.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We had a weird bug last year, it was very strange. We all got over-emotional. My aunt in law lives here too and she works at the ER, she had it first, and then I got it. We were both walking around depressed and almost to tears. I thought, well hormones...(you know what they say about a houseful of women that live together)..until my son got it and was sobbing the next week. We had dizziness, mild nausea, mild fever, and aches. That was it. So strange, and it went away in a week.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Violetshy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2013 by Violetshy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

this one has a strange mental component that I haven't encountered before. Cyclical dreams that loop over and over with no deviation.

Color blindness at times and extreme sensitivity to noise.

Sounds like side affects from too much mainstream television with cyclical sensory attacking commercials.

But get a real doctor's opinion because this isn't the best place for medical advice.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
olaru12
I'm not sure what you have but with those symptoms id get into see a doctor as soon as possible.. I don't think anyone on ATS is qualified to give you any medical advice I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well but please seek out medical help from a professional..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The symptoms I had ( though I have an immuno issue involved) were SEVERE muscle and bone aches.. and a squirrelly crawly maggots under the skin feeling.. mainly around my spine, but is getting pretty bad in my legs . Weird as heck... and almost driving me nuts. Fever up and down and the usual symptoms, sweats.. chills.. sore throat.. etc. Im megadosing C and D3... so its never got overly bad.. just impossible to sleep with those more weird symptoms. I know nerve pain.. and its ALMOST like that, without the burn.
My oldest has a viral thing in her eyes... the whole lacrimal system is swollen and infected corners of her eye, under her eye and in the eye lid.. a big bump .. Ugh. Funky college bug. Its not pink eye or etc.. but a different virus.

I got exposed by going to a clients house week before last. Took 2 weeks for the symptoms to really surface. Could be a virus of some sort.. and I bet you just have a boogery virus as numerous rotten bugs are going around.

My daughter is a transplant recipient ( 14 yrs ols) and on 3 immunosupressants ( one extra after a rejection episode) and must have blood tests every 2 weeks. The team called and told me DO NOT bring her to the lab at the hospital.. that theyd set up a visit for a blood draw at home. Its really bad here. Not just influenza.. but several pretty bad viruses circulating.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

could be some fukushima blowback homie...lol j/k...but seriously though.....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a 'psychic flu' ?
possibilities ...

1 ... could be the symtoms are 'engineered' into this stain.

2 ... it could be that this flu is making you more susceptible to other outside influences. some kind of microwaves or alien mind control or something.

3 ... could be something engineered to get you to go to the doc and tell him about your mental state, and then he reports you to the feds.

hope you get healthy real soon

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
The symptoms I had ( though I have an immuno issue involved) were SEVERE muscle and bone aches.. and a squirrelly crawly maggots under the skin feeling.. mainly around my spine, but is getting pretty bad in my legs . Weird as heck... and almost driving me nuts. Fever up and down and the usual symptoms, sweats.. chills.. sore throat.. etc. Im megadosing C and D3... so its never got overly bad.. just impossible to sleep with those more weird symptoms. I know nerve pain.. and its ALMOST like that, without the burn.

You described my symptoms I had with the noro virus, except I also had uncontrollable and non stop vomiting with dry heaves in between. My husband had it so badly he could not walk. We both had severe muscle cramping in our legs for around 7 days. None of us could go anywhere or drive, we were so weak... and that whole ordeal was pretty scary. It caught us off guard because we had forgotten to really keep up with our immune boosters that year. This year so far *touch wood* nothing yet as descended on us. I have to say that particular virus made us feel like we were going to die.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
OP, I'm no doctor but if color blindness and such was going on with me, I'd be getting in for a ct scan asap. I don't know if something like meningitis could cause this, but why mess around and not know? I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Advantage

You described my symptoms I had with the noro virus, except I also had uncontrollable and non stop vomiting with dry heaves in between. My husband had it so badly he could not walk. We both had severe muscle cramping in our legs for around 7 days. None of us could go anywhere or drive, we were so weak... and that whole ordeal was pretty scary. It caught us off guard because we had forgotten to really keep up with our immune boosters that year. This year so far *touch wood* nothing yet as descended on us. I have to say that particular virus made us feel like we were going to die.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

Yeah, Id wondered if the megadosing was keeping something even more horrible away! I can definitely do without the vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration. Id forgotten the fatigue. I had really debilitating fatigue. I DID have nausea, but no actual vomiting.. yet.. ** knock on wood.. touch it. caress it. beg it.. ** LOL! The fever would get so bad at points I thought my eyes would liquify.. it seemed to mess with my vision, or it was simply from my older brain boiling.

Terribly BAD year for viruses. I DO think that something is making us less able to fight these viral monsters now more than previously. Id read a pretty good article.. and one that I can not find now.. about the radiation that we were dosed with due to Fukushima lowered our immune systems. Interesting to say the least. They overlayed the jet stream flow of the radiation on the map of hottest "flu" areas.. matched up pretty well.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ive got to agree with you on this one. I had the flu and just got over it a couple of weeks ago. Never has a flu thrown my body off to feel so many anomolous side effects. Some of them have freaked me out, almost what a person who suffers from anxiety and depression would feel. My temp went to 103.9 in a matter of hours then on the way to the ER it rapidly fell to normal then my BP spiked like crazy.

What gives??!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Other than your cough, rest of them relate to a mental problem(as in brain organ), good to have that checked out.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I currently have a strange flu or cold.
A couple of weeks ago I had a runny nose for a whole day, then it went away. On Saturday I had a mild headache. By sunday my throat was burning on one side and a horrible earache, runny nose. It hurt to talk. Hurt to listen to irritating noises.

I went to the doctor and he said my throat looked red. He gave me a prescription mouthwash I gargle. It's helping.

What I find strange is usually when I get a cold or flu I will wake up each morning feeling worse. I wake up forgetting about it until I realize my throat hurts again. Its like it comes and goes. I'm not coughing, don't feel congested. I'm blowing my nose all day long though. Its not that bad really. I have mild dehydration too.

Its more or less symptoms coming and going.

I'm feeling a bit woozy on and off, my balance isn't good but its hard to tell because I'm generally off balance..

As far as similar symptoms to you , I am having strange dreams. I'm kind of glad about the dreams because I haven't been dreaming at all since a brain injury three years ago.

I would suggest you see a doctor about the colour blindness. Some virus' can go into the brain , like meningitis.
Fever can cause delirium.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Jeebus, where do all you people live?

This is scary and it would be interesting and helpful to know where the reports of odd diseases and possible Fuku radiation-involved things are coming from...

top topics

join