It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothership Enters Atmosphere Over Russia At Night, Frightens Public, Jan 21, 2013.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It's a reactive fuel... That's my final answer Alex..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

It does look like the typical "missile failure" but what gets me is why the bright light just stays there.

if you look at the horizon, you will see that it is either dawn or dusk. The sun is just below the horizon whatever the case. Anyway, if you were to be at the top of the trail of smoke from the missile launch, you would be able to see the sun. the glow is because the trail is being illuminated by the sun.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
OK Missile launch...

But why does the smoke trail stays enlightened? Even when bended and for minutes..?

My first taught would be the rocket engine still producing enough light downwards to enlighten the trail..
But minutes long?

Strange stuff.
edit on 28-1-2013 by EartOccupant because: spelling

The missile seems to be far away to the side. How is that still glowing? Was that missile sent to shoot something in the sky down and it was diverted by something

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe it was Common Sense flying out the window (and up into space)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by kozmo

It's a reactive fuel... That's my final answer Alex..

Oh! I'm sorry but you didn't answer in the form of a question.....boop, boop, boop...Yes, Stacy?!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
lol, nm...
edit on 28-1-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
here's some other fuels/propellants reacting.

static.newworldencyclopedia.org...

image.shutterstock.com... om-vandenberg-air-force-base-at-659151.jpg

files.abovetopsecret.com...

www.spacearchive.info...

I think this should be enough photo evidence to invalidate the glowing exhaust trail as being "alien" or "unexplained".

It's just the suns reflecting the exhaust...That's why it bends and also "illuminates". The exhaust is merely over the horizon whereas the person viewing is under the horizon.. That's all.. Nothing special here..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Look at my link from the the above posts... You'll see some examples..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Maybe it was Common Sense flying out the window (and up into space)

ROFL....Word.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
4 people at the same time say missile launch

You all seem very certain, can one of you explain the mechanics of it? how did what I assume to be an exhaust trail stay in place and lit up for 3+ minutes?
Surely a self destruct would have resulted in a loud bang or something?
edit on 28/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

First, we have to determine the actual date/time of the video. When Scott Waring posts it, you never really know.

The most spectacular tracks occur when the plume trail is sunlit, from over the horizon. in northern latitudes, that lasts almost all night.

The squiggle is a common launch/ascent feature of high altitude winds blowing in different speeds/directions at different levels.

Any explosion in space won't send an audible 'boom' anywhere.

As a rule Russian rockets don't carry destruct systems, they just shut down engines during emergencies.

Solid-fuel missiles usually have the third stage spin to dump excess energy for short-range tests [you can't turn off a solid fuel engine once it lights].

almost all ICBM flights -- US and Russian -- spin-up the reentry vehicles at time of deployment. That creates a brief spiral in the sky, if the plume is backlit by the sun.

This is all pretty unearthly stuff and the images do look weird, until you figure out what 'ordinary' stuff in space actually looks like.

The UFO posters don't want you to know what's 'normal' in that new environment. They LIKE uninformed and misinformed target audiences.

Don't cooperate in your own duping. Learn.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

It does look like the typical "missile failure" but what gets me is why the bright light just stays there.

if you look at the horizon, you will see that it is either dawn or dusk. The sun is just below the horizon whatever the case. Anyway, if you were to be at the top of the trail of smoke from the missile launch, you would be able to see the sun. the glow is because the trail is being illuminated by the sun.

Right on. And even a bright horizon is enough to illuminate the trails.

That's why it's so important to have the actual date/time of videos like this, to check such illumination.

...and that's probably why Scott Waring and like-minded folks deliberately withhold that information from you.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Everybody remember the Norway Spiral? That was a rocket launch. It also "persisted" for quite awhile in the sky. It is also, still to this day, the coolest damned thing I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks for replying team! This is far from an area of interest and expertise for me. I'm so happy to have you folks to help us understand these things.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

The most spectacular tracks occur when the plume trail is sunlit, from over the horizon. in northern latitudes, that lasts almost all night.

Good point about the northern latitudes.
This was probably a reason why the Norway Spiral was visible and so many Russian launches.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Chinese Lantern

50ft Chinese Lantern

50ft Chinese Lantern "ON FIIIIIRE"!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here you go a little video of another launch...

Enjoy...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I do not see that,
In that case the cloud above, where the "rocket"went trough , should be enlighted as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I wrote: Many here have difficulty seeing straight.

That is quite meaningful in itself.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Chinese Lantern

50ft Chinese Lantern

50ft Chinese Lantern "ON FIIIIIRE"!!!

A sarcastic Chinese lantern snark. Don't see many of those around here.

Compelling argument.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

I do not see that,
In that case the cloud above, where the "rocket"went trough , should be enlighted as well.

Let us enlighten you.

Clouds are lower than rocket contrails.

Even if the contrail is behind the cloud, it's so far away, over the curve of the earth, that it could be tens of miles, even hundreds of miles, high.

The squiggly part of the contrail will be early on, still in the atmosphere, but not at 6 to 10,000 ft for normal clouds, but 60 to 80 to 100,000 feet or higher. remember the conmtrail of the doomed 'Challenger'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join