It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Snake'. Eve, and Adam - the Kinship We Share.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

I have to smile at your opening sentence. As if you would agree on anything I say. Lol.
Still , I shall persevere.

God is definitely omnipotent however there are several references in the bible which clearly infer that he is not omnipresent or Omni prescient. I do not want to cite verse, there are plenty of people only too happy to, and you can easily do the research.

The only blessing God gives is to the Good. Without his grace the bad would have overtaken us all long before now. It still might . To suggest that God blesses the bad is, I have to tell you, imaginative speculation with no foundation of truth.

God's revelations come complete and they don't hide anything. They appear like a movie except you see it all in the same instant - no other way to describe it. Afterwards, I slow it down in my mind as I run over it to put it into linear form that my mind can process. I think God helps me to do that. Its a beautiful experience.

The 'snake' befriended Eve in God's absence and in her innocence she fell for its deceptive charms. It seduced Adam in God's absence. God's anger on discovering the snake's treachery was such that he would have destroyed his creation right then if he had not been forced to accept some of the blame himself, for not being there.

Finally, I am not one of God's children. I am his Ant. That is how he looks upon me. When I forced his focus upon me, as I described in an earlier post, he was so angry at my temerity that he threatened to destroy me.
However, to my eternal gratitude, he chose to acknowledge my stubborn courage and allowed me to continue existing. He chooses from time to time to spring wonderful surprises upon me such as the revelation under discussion.

Do not think, please, that I have fallen under the spell of a demon, or whatever. God gave me a demonstration of his omnipotence that leaves no iota of doubt as to who he is.

I don't expect you to believe a word of what I have written but thank you for taking the interest to at least listen.
Oh and as to the wilderness I know it with an intimacy that few share.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

God is definitely omnipotent however there are several references in the bible which clearly infer that he is not omnipresent or Omni prescient. I do not want to cite verse, there are plenty of people only too happy to, and you can easily do the research.

I know you don't want to, but I ask of you to do so. If you choose not to, my stance on the writers of the books in the bible are just that; the writers are mere writers. Just as all humans, we are inclined to give our own thoughts on issues. Individually, we each share one perspective in this magnificent kaleidoscope. The 600+ Laws are merely interpretations of the 10 commandments according to my knowledge pool. Although the writers are just writers, God still is in control over what's said and what isn't. All this, in my opinion, is help strengthen that personal relationship with God so that you are dependent on God, not the Bible.

The only blessing God gives is to the Good. Without his grace the bad would have overtaken us all long before now. It still might . To suggest that God blesses the bad is, I have to tell you, imaginative speculation with no foundation of truth.

The rain falls on the just and unjust, correct? Enoch asked his friends why "corrupt" people had all the fortunes in the world and why a just man like himself suffers.

Finally, I am not one of God's children. I am his Ant. That is how he looks upon me. When I forced his focus upon me, as I described in an earlier post, he was so angry at my temerity that he threatened to destroy me.

How did you come to this? You don't have to share this experience if you don't wish to.

edit on 29-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

I feel we have exhausted our conversation. No disrespect but you are not able to see beyond your limited vision and you are coming uncomfortably close to patronizing me which is not something I appreciate.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join