It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois: illegal immigrant driver's licenses available in 10 months

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

It's not just about income tax...it's all taxes except sales tax or fuel tax like you mentioned..i mentioned several things as well..such as employee wages etc...

Vehicle registrations? Nope they don't do that either...
Income taxes ..most do not.
property taxes...nope...well maybe depending on how they got the property..

There is no way the few tax dollars collected from them outweighs the costs spent on them...

Either way...let illinois do this, maybe more will leave this state and go there..

No vehicle registration? someone registers the vehicles, a vehicle with no plates isn't getting very far. Every person I know personally that is "Illegal" has a tax ID number and they pay taxes, I know more Natural born citizens that don't pay taxes... go figure

From personal experience, we had some illegals living across the street, and they had a perpetual paper dealers plate. Never got busted, cuz they backed the car in the driveway. It's nice they can get away with that to.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Someone might..but they don't...just another example of the fact they are criminals

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by jhn7537

If you visit a foreign country are you not allowed to drive until you obtain citizenship?
Overstaying a visa is not a capital offense, no matter how hard you try and make it into one.

Visiting and living there illegally are two different things. But then again, some just overstay their visas.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You don't have to be a citizen to reside here legally. There's a thing called a "legal resident", when you live here legally without citizenship. Taking the test to being a citizen is optional.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Contrary to popular belief, undocumented immigrants must pay taxes through the individual taxpayer identification numbers (ITIN) and employer identification numbers (EIN) in order to work safely in the U.S.

ITIN gives undocumented immigrants an IRS identification number without an SSN to pay taxes. The premise is that no other government agency has access to the information unless they need it for criminal or tax investigation purposes.

EIN provides undocumented workers with an IRS version of an SSN for business bank accounts and tax payments with just a mailing address. In this way, undocumented immigrants pay more to social services than they receive from these services. They pay $6 billion to $7 billion in social security and $72 billion to Medicare and unemployment insurance. But they cannot receive any social security, Medicare, or unemployment benefits unless they become legal.

By paying more taxes on social security, Medicare, and unemployment insurance and not receiving any benefits, undocumented immigrants end up supporting part of America’s social welfare system. Receiving more than they pay to undocumented immigrants, social services end up increasing their net worth through the taxes of undocumented immigrants; whereas, wealthy Americans such as Romney decrease the net worth of social services.

Wealthy Americans such as Romney pay less into these services than they use. Due to loopholes in the tax system, Romney only paid $3 million in taxes on $21.6 million in 2010 – much less than required. Not having to pay the required funds, but still receiving benefits leaves a negative balance. Romney’s $3 million in taxes are unlikely to cover his social security and Medicare costs because he paid below his tax requirements.

www.policymic.com...
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Contrary to popular belief, undocumented immigrants must pay taxes through the individual taxpayer identification numbers (ITIN) and employer identification numbers (EIN) in order to work safely in the U.S.

ITIN gives undocumented immigrants an IRS identification number without an SSN to pay taxes. The premise is that no other government agency has access to the information unless they need it for criminal or tax investigation purposes.

EIN provides undocumented workers with an IRS version of an SSN for business bank accounts and tax payments with just a mailing address. In this way, undocumented immigrants pay more to social services than they receive from these services. They pay $6 billion to $7 billion in social security and $72 billion to Medicare and unemployment insurance. But they cannot receive any social security, Medicare, or unemployment benefits unless they become legal.

By paying more taxes on social security, Medicare, and unemployment insurance and not receiving any benefits, undocumented immigrants end up supporting part of America’s social welfare system. Receiving more than they pay to undocumented immigrants, social services end up increasing their net worth through the taxes of undocumented immigrants; whereas, wealthy Americans such as Romney decrease the net worth of social services.

Wealthy Americans such as Romney pay less into these services than they use. Due to loopholes in the tax system, Romney only paid $3 million in taxes on $21.6 million in 2010 – much less than required. Not having to pay the required funds, but still receiving benefits leaves a negative balance. Romney’s $3 million in taxes are unlikely to cover his social security and Medicare costs because he paid below his tax requirements.

www.policymic.com...
edit on 29-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Thank you for posting this. I get so sick and tired of people all the time saying illegals don't pay taxes and social security when they do. I also get tired of so many folks saying that illegals live off the government which they don't do. They have to be a U.S. citizen to get food stamps. and so many folks are still passing the lie around that they get food stamps, and medicaid. It is just revolting to see it every wheres still being posted.

I think what gets me is the ridicule that the Mexican Americans have to go through. You know those born right here in the great old USA. Believe it or not I have seen 8 of my brother in laws move to Mexico because they can't take it here in the US. They were born here over 40 years ago yet have left because of all the dumb and stupid racist BS. My husband gets tired of it as well, yet he is treated daily like trash by whites and blacks. I am sorry but not all Hispanics are illegals, and I get tired of seeing the legal ones treated like trash just because they may be illegals in some idiots eyes.

Some days I have to laugh at people though when I hear them talk about how illegals take away the jobs of US citizens. Think about it 99% of illegals work in the fields, and without the illegals working in the fields most Americans wouldn't be eating.

As for the license for illegals, its hard as the dickens for a legal Mexican American to even get a license the last time my husband got one almost 4 years ago he said it would be the last time he did. The lady at the counter said he had to show her his green card. What green card? He was born here in the USA, so why would he need one? According to her all Mexican Americans had to have one???? When did that happen? After 4 hours and finally proving he was a U.S. citizen to another person by showing his Birth certificate he was given his license. But to me some of the folks working at the DMV need to get a freaken life.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

I think what gets me is the ridicule that the Mexican Americans have to go through. You know those born right here in the great old USA. Believe it or not I have seen 8 of my brother in laws move to Mexico because they can't take it here in the US. They were born here over 40 years ago yet have left because of all the dumb and stupid racist BS. My husband gets tired of it as well, yet he is treated daily like trash by whites and blacks. I am sorry but not all Hispanics are illegals, and I get tired of seeing the legal ones treated like trash just because they may be illegals in some idiots eyes.

Yup. And you'll still have a bunch of white people telling you racism doesn't exist anymore.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by AuntC

Yup. And you'll still have a bunch of white people telling you racism doesn't exist anymore.

True.
Your statement could also say that there are a bunch of blacks that will tell you that blacks can't be racists.
Racism exists.
It comes in many colors.

The best thing to do is to not be a racist. If we all worried about ourselves and how we treat other people, life wouldn't be so hard. Racism itself is stupid, but people do have a right to their opinions, even when they are stupid. We can try to educate those that need it, but they have to accept it. A lot are unwilling to accept it.
edit on 29-1-2013 by butcherguy because: added a comma

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

True enough, but this doesn't take into account the numbers of undocumented immigrants that work 'under the table'. I am guessing that the ones working as prostitutes aren't paying any taxes (unless they are working in Nevada).
I have sat on a Federal Strike Force grand jury, dealing with cases involving illegal immigration and the people that bring the workers into the country for a fee.

Many of the immigrants find out when they arrive at their destination inside the US that they owe money that was not agreed to when they left their native country. They are kept in housing that is provided by the people that arranged to have them brought into the US. These 'landlords' arrange for forged documents for some, and force the women into prostitution. The workers are forced to pay most, if not all of their earnings to the 'landlord'. The landlords claim that they have paid the debt owed to the 'coyotes' that smuggled the workers in, and that the workers must pay rent, pay for the food that they eat and pay off the debt that was incurred by the landlord paying off the 'coyotes'.
It is indentured servitude, only a step above slavery.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can't understand this. If you are illegal then you need to be OUT! Surely this is a contradiction in terms a legal document for an illegal occupier?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No Deal - Obama: No Border Security Before Path to Citizenship

President Barack Obama is set to reject the key compromise at the heart of a bipartisan deal on immigration reform announced by eight Senators yesterday. The president, who will deliver an address later today in Las Vegas, NV outlining his own immigration ideas, is reported to oppose linking a “path to citizenship” for illegal immigrants, a Democrat demand, to stronger law enforcement and better border security, a Republican demand.

The president will apparently argue that the administration has met reasonable goals on enforcing current immigration legislation, and that additional security will merely create new obstacles to legalizing the roughly 12 million illegal immigrants thought to be living in the United States

www.breitbart.com...
I tell yam he is a real nasty piece of work,

This is exactly why the immigration reform of the eighties didn't work.

Critics point to the lessons from the last time Congress tackled his issue, the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), a 1986 law that legalized 3 million undocumented immigrants. Both sides acknowledge the law produced substantial fraud, leading to nearly triple the number of new residents created by the law.

news.yahoo.com...

www.therightscoop.com...

Amnesty with NO enforcement.
edit on 013131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Pretty sure that's part of the plan. They'll be grateful and afraid if a Republican gets in office, the handouts will disappear, so they vote Dem. Nice little circle jerk they got goin', huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
how is this possible?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by liiquidminduk
how is this possible?

Democrats want to keep securing the minority votes, so what better way then to make life easier for illegal immigrants...

The whole concept is a total joke, especially knowing that we (taxpayers) fund federal groups like ICE who are supposed to catch illegals and deport them...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Who cares dude, Why do you care if illegals get a license of not. It's not affecting you. This site used to be fun, now all i read is bickering and bickering and bickering.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by solizer
Who cares dude, Why do you care if illegals get a license of not. It's not affecting you. This site used to be fun, now all i read is bickering and bickering and bickering.

I do care and it does affect me, I live in Illinois.... Maybe it's time for you to go find another site, because this is a big issue, that will likely branch out to other states soon enough if trends continue to go this way...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I am trying to understand this attitude against immigrants.

Illegal immigration has not negatively impacted my life at all.

I have seen the benefits of illegal immigration. I have seen illegal immigration allow US citizens run a business that allows them to make ends meet.

I have seen it allow immigrants who cannot afford to go through the immigration process make an honest life here in the USA.

I see Illegal immigrants not get taxed on their wages, maybe lowballed but they then go out and splurge. They have more to spend because they do not get taxed. they then keep YOU employed by using your goods and services.

You people are too short sighted to see this because those of you who complain are typically still working jobs that a person who does not know english can do. The reason why you are still there is because you do not use all the opportunities offered in the USA. If you used them you would never ever ever have to deal with an illegal. simply because you would not work with one.

If an illegal crashes into your car and you get screwed..... Ever have some punk teenager who stole a car just for a joy ride plow into your parked car then runaway?? who do you go after there?? There are irresponsible americans who are the same way.

Getting them a license puts them in the system. You people do not even see the big picture. They are putting a leash on them by offering them licenses.

Little by little they will be assimilated and they will be like the rest of us.

Also how many of you have ever tried to go through the immigration process?? do you even know the cost for it?? It is like pulling teeth to get it done. My wife and I have been going through the process for half a year and I have been paying out the nose for it. They are extremely brutal and picky with Russian citizens. Not only that but there is a lot of discrimination in the process. I was born in Texas and simply because I was born there and I am of spanish descent I had to present my passport and jump through extra hoops. Even though I have been paying taxes and filing for income tax since I got my first job bagging groceries.

ALl i have to say if the costs I am having to pay to go through the immigration process is the same for everyone... I will say this.

If they can afford to go through the immigration process to come here legally then they would not look to immigrate here in the first place. If they had that kind of time and money to invest in the process they must be living like kings in their country.

edit on 30-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

reply to post by jhn7537

If you visit a foreign country are you not allowed to drive until you obtain citizenship?
Overstaying a visa is not a capital offense, no matter how hard you try and make it into one.

Visiting and living there illegally are two different things. But then again, some just overstay their visas.

That is how many of the Irish immigrants came to stay here, by overstaying their visas. How far back do you want to go? Many of them became Policemen so I think they were grandfathered in and so if you are grandfathering some in - why are the Irish better than the Mexicans? The Mexicans work hard too and they don't drink as much and chances are they are not going to be cops. I am liking them already.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

I know a wonderful man and his family that had the Military visit their store in Columbia which made them suspect to anti-government drug runners who frequent the area. Because he and his family were threatened by them he had to leave Columbia out of fear for their lives and families safety. They did not want to come here but it was to survive. Partially because the US is involved in Columbia's drug war.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

reply to post by jhn7537

That is how many of the Irish immigrants came to stay here, by overstaying their visas. How far back do you want to go? Many of them became Policemen so I think they were grandfathered in and so if you are grandfathering some in - why are the Irish better than the Mexicans? The Mexicans work hard too and they don't drink as much and chances are they are not going to be cops. I am liking them already.

I care because it's against the law, I also care because this country is hurting and we can't keep having illegals coming here taking jobs. The illegals also chew up resources, police, medical, etc... They cost money, they bleed this country dry. I dont care if they're hard working, if that was the case, they would come here LEGALLY. Obviously these people cut corners and don' care... Just selfish all around...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join