It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange experience today with Frogs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I had a strange experience today. I went to my usual trail to walk and lately we have heard a frog out there a few times in the last weeks. Normally we only hear them in spring. It is not unusually warm here coastal CA today mild was 54 degrees.

As I came to a swamp area that is a little ways off the trail, suddenly frogs started croaking, it must have been hundreds and even though I have camped in areas with many many frogs I have never heard such a ruckus!

I was going to use my camera to record the sound and area but the battery was dead. I went out through the reeds to get to a small pond where the sound came from. When I got to the edge they still didn't stop as I had expected them to, it was so loud!

I stayed still and watched and did not see a single frog! Then all of a sudden they all just stopped at once all but one single voice that kept going until I had left the area.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I stayed still and watched and did not see a single frog!

They like to remain hidden...

You sure you can handle the truth?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Mating season for frogs came early....and you disturbed their intimate moment

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Hmmmmmm........ if I had a nickle for every time someone said that..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Hmmmmmm........ if I had a nickle for every time someone said that..

Very fun but I wish someone who knows something about frogs would tell me what's up!

Frogs don't cry out for mates in January and there have never been so many frogs, actually none in that area, in all the years I have walked there about 15 years! Then they normally stop making sound if you walk up to the pond. After they stopped I went back later in the day and not a peep.

new topics

top topics

join