It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats worse in your opinion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So whats worse in your opinion

War in the name of god?

or war in the name of gold?

I find both to be terrible but I got to thinking about it and believe that war in the name of god is much worse than war for profit.

The reason I feel this way is that at least war for profit is upfront and honest in a way. Human greed is a terrible thing but using your god as a scapegoat for the underlying want of profit is much more deplorable. Not only that but sometimes it is not even just for profit. Sometimes it is based only on hatred for other beliefs and cultures. So which is worse in your minds eye? Please give reasons for your choice.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
War in the name of God. No contest in my view.

Human greed does have limits when put against other things like self preservation. There is a point where attackers on a gold mine would break and withdraw to just call the whole thing too much trouble for the value. It may be an extreme point for that to come, but in almost all cases, it would eventually come.

There is no built-in limit or other things to factor against fighting to victory or failure when someone believes God is on their side in a real and not just wishful thinking kind of way. There are no lines to necessarily call too far when Salvation and Eternal outcomes are what someone truly believes are at stake. That's my thinking on it. Good Thread!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks. That was very well put and right to the point. I can indeed see a person being much more insistent in their goals if they were of a mind that it was what their god wanted. Human life has no value to someone who feels your existence is evil for not being a believer of whatever faith they follow. Someone who is being paid to fight a war may be much more compassionate in some situations as well.

Also, maybe that is the reason tptb utilize religion for war purposes to begin with

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Makes no difference WHAT we believe about wars.

ALL of them are based on lies.

"All war is based on deception." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Religion is used as a façade to hide the true purpose of all wars.

The intention is to place the blame on God when in reality He has nothing to do with it.

Wars and religion are BOTH deceptions and both have the same source:

The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Neither, the fact man is compelled enough by instinct to kill for what he feels right, or wrong.

But then again that's how we are where we are today, without war we wouldn't have the comforts of the peace we enjoy...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Neither, the fact man is compelled enough by instinct to kill for what he feels right, or wrong.

But then again that's how we are where we are today, without war we wouldn't have the comforts of the peace we enjoy...

Thats true.

War was about survival in the past and it seems like tptb seem to be utilizing leftover survival instincts that should have been bred out of us by now. I think our minds will eventually move away from the feeling that war and control are necessary someday

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
War in the name of God , and I'm a Christian .

I honestly believe that we are on earth to prove ourselves by our own choices and decisions be they good or evil . If we were to force people to worship God the way we think is right then there would be no point .

What it boils down to is that I think that it's an ultimate evil to persecute or kill people for not believing the way you do .

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
War in the name of God.

Some people worship gold as a kind of god.
But I'm not talking about that.
I'm talking about people who think they are the only ones that know what God wants.
And so they go out and torture and slaughter and enslave in His name.
And just looking at what these people think God wants tells any sane person
that those people haven't got a clue as to what a loving God would want.

It's not just people nowadays .. not just the Catholics on conquest .. not just the
Protestants that slaughtered the Catholics ... it's not just the Muslims that enslaved
or slaughtered their way across the middle east 'in god's name' ... but I include
people like Moses who did the same thing.

What I don't get .. why does God sit by and let His name be used like that?
I find it odd. If it were me sitting up on a cloud and people were mass murdering
in My name ... I'd be ticked off and I'd definately react.

top topics

join