It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS wants 7,000 AR-15s

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Mamatus
I am a huge fan of the 2nd Amendment. But I am going to take a logic stance on this one.

If the Military has rocket launchers should the citizens have them also?
If the military has M320 grenade launchers should the Citizens have them also?
Yes and Yes. We should have exactly the same weapons that the police/military have.

Ok, I can see your logic to what your saying, I, myself,would have no need for a rocket launcher. Neither would the common citizen. BUT, if the need were to arise to need a weapon like that, well, do I have to say it.
I stoled my dads hat on X-mas, it has a patch on it skull, the cross bones are an AK, and an AR, and it says

The 2nd Amendment, the original Department of Homeland Security
Does the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." fit here???
I do believe so.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by projectvxn

Those or something similar. Here is Section C of the RFP that describes what they want (PDF) Here is the Full RFP

In Section C it states -

DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required.

So yeah, something like this...

is what they are looking for..

I don't see how people can't see that they are "gearing up" for something? Or that this latest attempt to strip our freedoms isn't related to everything else going on. As if Sandy Hook existed in vacuum. They get to upgrade to full auto SBR's and we get downgraded to bolt-action long rifles . . . quaint.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

I don't see how people can't see that they are "gearing up" for something? Or that this latest attempt to strip our freedoms isn't related to everything else going on. As if Sandy Hook existed in vacuum. They get to upgrade to full auto SBR's and we get downgraded to bolt-action long rifles . . . quaint.

Some people are fine with the government and the police being in the 21st century while we are regulated to the 18th century.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

"They" are always building up to something. This is nothing new.
WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf War, The Iraq War, The Afghanistan War, Domestic Terrorism, Foreign Terrorism and last but not least, The Next War.

The DHS like any other organization full of boys, likes their toys. The taxpayers buy them some of the finest toys on the planet. If you had a credit card you never had to pay off you would buy a ton of toys as well......

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

"They" are always building up to something. This is nothing new.
WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf War, The Iraq War, The Afghanistan War, Domestic Terrorism, Foreign Terrorism and last but not least, The Next War.

The DHS like any other organization full of boys, likes their toys. The taxpayers buy them some of the finest toys on the planet. If you had a credit card you never had to pay off you would buy a ton of toys as well......

Sure . . . and once again, if this action existed in a vacuum or the media and gov weren't pushing the degradation of the 2nd. Just "boys being boys". But, when looked at in the context of everything else the gov has been doing since 9/11/01 . . . there is a clear progression in policy and attitude toward this nation's citizens.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Most likely to kill us in close quarters while we are rebelling against their obvious bull#...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I won't disagree with you one bit on that one. Our rights as Citizens are constantly being diminished. Then again, what do you expect when the very nature of being "In Government" requires constant justification of ones salary?

These people need to make rules and laws just to justify a paycheck. They are also bought and paid for by the Corporations they work for.

Despite this I do not see the Citizens of this country willing to risk their jobs or shiny red cars to make a stand. Hell, we have been content giving away our Fifth Amendment rights on an annual basis. Every time you run down and file your taxes you do so voluntarily waiving your Fifth Amendment rights. In fact, I bet you happily file every year.

All these problems with rampant Government could be fixed if Americans just had the balls to stand up and refuse to file. It is not going to happen though. We will continue on this path while very few notice. I have to admit is is funny as hell to me to watch all the uproar over guns, when we are filing taxes every year.

Prove you are not one of the sheep and don't file.......
edit on 26-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
The department of homeland security wants 7,000 PDWs (personal defense weapons)
AKA "assault weapons" when owned by civilians.

yup 7,000 "select fire" rifles and 30 round magazines to boot.

i guess select fire (full auto) is good for DHSs' personal defense, but semi-auto is just way to much for we the peoples' personal defense.

theblaze.co m

Aren't allowed to desire nice toys?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We really need to wake up and begin a unified defense (legally) against the DHS. They are doing an end run around the Posse Comitatus Act..

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws. Contrary to popular belief, the Act does not prohibit members of the United States Armed Forces from exercising Law enforcement agency powers within a State, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order"; it requires that any authority to do so must exist within the United States Constitution or Act of Congress (which it currently does not except under the Insurrection Act).[Federalist 29 (Hamilton, 1788)] Any use of the Armed Forces under either Title 10/Active Duty or Title 10/Reserves at the direction of the President will offend the Constitutional Law also known as Public Law prohibiting such action unless declared by the President of the United States and approved by Congress. Any infringement will be problematic for political and legal reasons. The Bill/Act as modified in 1981 refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The U.S. Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is also not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act, primarily because the Coast Guard has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

NOTE: To play devil's advocate, maybe these are for the Coast Guard, since they are part of DHS now).

The noose is tightening at an alarming rate these days. They are moving their assets into position, one 'little' headline at a time.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 1/26/13 by solomons path because: Off topic

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yes and Yes. We should have exactly the same weapons that the police/military have.
You would need a Bigger Driveway to Park your M-1 Abrams.
Its a bit of a Gas Guzzler as well.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

You would need a Bigger Driveway to Park your M-1 Abrams.
Its a bit of a Gas Guzzler as well.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

Not really . . . just a couple acres outside of town with a large storage shed. Heck, if you had the money to buy an Abrams, you should be able to put a filling station inside the hanger.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Don't look here it will get in the way of dogma

www.armyjeeps.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The M1A2 uses JP-8. Cheaper than gasoline.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Don't look here it will get in the way of dogma

www.armyjeeps.net...

I want the Hellcat!! What do you say Neo . . . halvsies?

I let you have her during the week and I get weekends and holidays?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Well you would know better than me, sir.

And, that fact only strengthens the argument for.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I like the hellcat but i was leaning more towards this one:

www.armyjeeps.net...

Perfect for the zombie apocalypse.
edit on 26-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This nomenclature (Personal Defense Weapons) implies to me that the arms will be issued to DHS personnel for their own protection - not for conducting checkpoint searches or home gun confiscations - sheer hypocrisy if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I truly think they are not intended for use against Citizens.

Sorry, but I disagree.

Second disagrees also.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good call . . . closer to home, so cheaper to transport, and I can swing the price tag.

Now I don't need you help . . . sorry buddy! Maybe if you are ever in Northern AZ, I'll let you take her for a spin!

I let you take out my other one!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join