It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed House Bill would make deficits an impeachable offense!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How about this for an idea, pass a law that prevents any elected offical from accepting any money, gifts, trips, or anything of any value from any lobbyist. Also adding to this limit Corp. donations to campains to $1000.00 or less. This would make the officals have to live souly on what our Gov`t. pays them, get back to the job of representing the people like they are elected for.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
Why didn't republicans propose this when a surplus was turned into a deficit???? Oh right....because that would have been Bush.

The only sensible time to pass such a law is when we are already in a budget surplus.

Meanwhile just keep diging there Mr Keynes.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Dear God, not another Southern Congressman who wants to impeach a president! I guess it's the legacy of Barr, Gingrich, and Livingston

Brooks would let the debt ceiling rise by trillions, then somehow impeach the president over congress's job. At first I thought he meant impeach members of congress. Please, sir, don't trivialize "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Dear God, not another Southern Congressman who wants to impeach a president! I guess it's the legacy of Barr, Gingrich, and Livingston

Brooks would let the debt ceiling rise by trillions, then somehow impeach the president over congress's job. At first I thought he meant impeach members of congress. Please, sir, don't trivialize "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

It's in the handbook: Always go for the impeach during the second term to avenge Nixon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join