It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Noah's Ark" Prehistoric Site Exhibits Lithic Figures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
"Noah's Ark" Prehistoric Site Exhibits Lithic Figures

Miami, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/25/2013 --
Archaeologist reports prehistoric site on Mount Ararat in Turkey exhibits two carvings made of volcanic stone

Harvard University educated archaeologist and president of the archaeological contract firm PRC, Inc., Dr. Joel Klenck, reports that prehistoric sites on Mount Ararat in Turkey, associated with Noah’s Ark by several religious organizations, exhibit anthropomorphic carvings of basalt and pumice.

Klenck remarks, “Archaeological sites on Ararat, which comprise a monumental wood structure, smaller wood edifices, and a cave, originate from the Late Epipaleolithic Period (13,100 to 9,600 B.C.). From the monumental wood structure, a variety of stone artifacts including percussor or hammer stones, flakes or debitage, and lithic bowls were observed and analyzed.”

The archaeologist states, “Two of the lithic objects retrieved from the monumental wood structure or Area A comprise very unique artifacts. The first artifact is made of pumice, a lightweight volcanic stone. This artifact was found on the surface in Area A and exhibits a rectangular carving on one side of the object

Slow night so I thought I'd pop in and share this interesting find near an interesting controversial site for some. This find does show the area in question was active going back quite a ways.

FYI: Rumors of my demise were exaggerated. I'm back and will be posting some hopefully well received threads. As always stay tuned.

Enjoy..
edit on 25-1-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I remember watching the documentary in the 70's I believe. Found it fascinating as I do now.

Thanks for bringing back the wonder. And for those that state thru many threads that the Ark is on the moon...uh-uh...it's right here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now ...git back to yer grave!

As always,

Peace

edit on 25-1-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Your demise?

I see the foot, I am not seeing the face though. Cool find.

Glad to see you back at work.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you remember a couple years back there was a thread about a Chinese team that purportedly filmed from within the "Ark" it was fairly popular at the time. I'll look for it in a bit maybe post a link. But this topic isn't about that either so back to doing Laundry on a Friday night.

Man, how my life has changed.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jude11

Do you remember a couple years back there was a thread about a Chinese team that purportedly filmed from within the "Ark" it was fairly popular at the time. I'll look for it in a bit maybe post a link. But this topic isn't about that either so back to doing Laundry on a Friday night.

Man, how my life has changed.

The topic is about Noah's Ark...and it's YOUR thread. Fill yer boots my friend.

As for the Chinese team, we have a little info right here on ATS of course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is right around the time that is often cited for the 'cataclysm' that destroyed the previous 'world'.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Well hopefully there will be more revealed if further research is conducted. I'm looking forward to seeing what they find in the region.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

It's a thankless job but somebody has to clean up our history and set the record straight

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Wow,
Very good posting Slayer
Whether or not one subscribes to the biblical flood story Mt Ararat seems to hold a strong historical presence for the neolithic people of the area.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

I'm sure there is more there yet to be found. The area in question is at an ancient crossroads of sorts going back to the dawn of man in the region

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yes it is that my friend
I wait with baited breath for more info

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Source of fresh water and material for stone tools. The twin peaks stand out too which always attracts the eye.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can't sleep and I'm so confused about this flood story leading up to Noah's,or who's ever Ark.

Three different Babylonian stories of the flood have survived: the Sumerian Flood Story, the eleventh tablet of the Gilgamesh Epic, and the Atrahasis Epic. Of these, the best known is Gilgamesh XI, which was one of the earliest cuneiform texts to be discovered and published.
In 1872 George Smith read a paper called “The Chaldean Account of the Deluge” in which he presented fragments of the flood story from the Gilgamesh Epic. These fragments, dating from the seventh century B.C., were discovered in the library of King Ashurbanipal in Nineveh. However, other examples of tablets of this epic date from about 1000 years earlier than the fragments from Nineveh.
These earlier tablets are evidence that the composition of the epic and the flood story contained in it occurred no later than the beginning of the second millennium B.C.; also, many of the episodes included in the epic have prototypes in the Sumerian language which are much older than the composition of the Gilgamesh Epic.
The other Babylonian telling of the flood, that of the Atrahasis Epic, is the most recently discovered. Although later versions of the flood episode from the Atrahasis Epic had been known for a long time, the structure of the epic, and therefore the context of the flood story, was not understood until Laessoe reconstructed the work in 1956. In 1965 many additional texts from the epic were published, including an Old Babylonian copy made around 1650 B.C., which is now our most complete surviving recension of the tale. These new texts greatly increased our knowledge of the epic and served as the foundation for the English edition of the Atrahasis Epic.

cojs.org...:_The_Flood_Story,_18th_century_BCE

The story of Noah and the great flood is one that so permeates our culture that generations of geologists have devoted their lives to looking for evidence of a prehistoric worldwide flood. But it was not until the 1990's that geologists William Ryan and Walter Pitman gathered clues pointing to an actual ancient flood in the Middle East about 7,500 years ago. Sediment core-samples the scientists took from the bottom of the Black Sea revealed sections of once-dry, sun-baked land.

www.pbs.org...

Sorry to waste your time,I must pack it up.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
my word, i cant imagine how long it would have taken to make the ark with stone tools...

unless they were deposited there by the floodwaters?

joking aside, nice find

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
my word, i cant imagine how long it would have taken to make the ark with stone tools...

unless they were deposited there by the floodwaters?

joking aside, nice find

It is generally understood by those interested in such, that Noah had a little over a hundred years to build the ark. Which would have left plenty of time to sit around in its shadow sippin' on margaritas.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Which side do you fall on Slayer-
Do you buy that its Noah's Ark,or do you go with the Hill Fort theory?

Those water anchor stones look interesting(if thats what they are).

I saw a show once which told of a chinese expedition,where they believed they had found the ark,there was even some footage of the beams on the inside-although the expedition is claimed to have been faked by some folks.

Interesting subject nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Ohboy. Paraidolia lithica.

While the second one DOES have the look of a metate (grinding stone) and may have been worked, the fact that it looks like a face when you hold it one way does not indicate that it was intended to be a face. And the "talon-like" pumice appears to be part of a natural lava flow.

We do have examples from sites that old of stones that were worked to look like things. If something's important to a human, they will work it until it's fairly detailed (see Venus of Willindorf as an example.) Even when the object has been used for something else (pharonic inscription stele used as grinding stones) the traces of the original are still there and the wear is in a certain pattern.

These are things found by people who believe Noah was on that particular mountain and that the Bible is literally true and they're looking for anything that could support their belief, no matter how vague. Because they're taking a religious approach ("we know this is true we just need to find it") rather than a scientific one ("tests have shown that there may be several archaeological sites here -- look for homes and villages where things are grouped in context and not surface finds") their efforts are going to be ignored (unless they come up with a proveable site (and not a faked one) with artifacts.)

Sadly, for believers, this group tends to usethe first method (look for ANYthing that sorta looks like something and put out a press release) rather than the second method.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I can't sleep and I'm so confused about this flood story leading up to Noah's,or who's ever Ark.

(stories snipped to save time)
Sorry to waste your time,I must pack it up.

It appears to be derived from a local story of a large flood that became part of Hebrew folktales and later religion during contact with the Sumerians (Abraham, the patriarch in the Bible was from Sumer)

The Black Sea is hundreds of miles from Sumer. Any flood from the Black Sea would never have made it near the capital city or major cities of Sumer.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The author (Dr. Joel Klenck) is a fraudster. This goes back to the "NAMI" (Noah’s Ark Ministries International), and their alleged "Ice cave discovery", a known pseudo-scientific fraud.

Klenck has never been to the site in question, he took a tour of Mt. Ararat and his mountaineer guide, Amy Beam of Mount Ararat Trek, called him out on his hoax.

From her Web site:

Warning Against Climbing Mount Ararat!

No Noah’s Ark – Over the decades, there have been several claims that Noah’s Ark has been discovered on Mount Ararat. Ron Wyatt discovered a boat-shaped mound in 1977 which the Turkish government established as Noah’s Ark National Park. See Wyatt Musem. A visit to this site is included in Mount Ararat Trek’s cultural tour. Most people think it is an interesting rock formation. It's an enjoyable outing. In 1985, George Jamal perpetrated a Noah’s Ark hoax on major media out of scorn to show how they ran unverified stories as genuine news. It’s good reading. In 2010, a Kurdish guide nick-named Parasut, with a Chinese group, Noah’s Ark Ministries International (NAMI), announced they had discovered some wood in an ice cave that they were 99.9% sure was Noah’s Ark. After being challenged as a hoax by Dr. Randall Price, Ph.D. and Don Patton, Ph.D., they revised it to 90%. Discovering Noah’s Ark would be very good for tourism. We cannot take you to see “Noah’s Ark wood in an ice cave,” nor can anyone else take you there, because its alleged location is being kept secret. Even my former business partner, Mehmet Ceven, the leader of the Parasut team that "discovered" the wood, refused to give me details. He did confess to me he does not believe they found Noah's Ark, which is why our partnership did not survive. Actually, they announced the discovery of the wood four years in a row (check their web site) until they finally organized a big press conference in April 2010 in Hong Kong that got covered by major media. No one is going to take you to any ice cave with wood from Noah's Ark. Donald MacKenzie, a Scottish evangelical explorer searching for Noah's Ark by himself is missing. He was last seen on October 19, 2010, at his campsite. It was rumored two weeks before his disappearance that a missionary was passing out Bibles. . .not a smart thing to do in a Muslim part of the world. The 2010 search for Donald MacKenzie failed to find him, nor has his body been found after the snow melted the next summer.

The Customer from Hell - Yes, that's right: the customer from hell! If you are in business long enough, it will happen to you, too. I had the misfortune of having Joel David Klenck as my customer, September 13-17, 2011. Klenck disappeared from camp 2 for 4 or 5 hours and was missing in the dark. We feared he had fallen into the canyon and was injured or dead. We sent a search team, and the other climbers at camp 2 risked their lives looking for him. He had gone in search of Parasut's so-called Noah's Ark excavation site. When we found him, the Turkish Jandarma (military police) ordered Murat Camping to bring him to them. We did, but not before interviewing him on camera. He stated he did not know Parasut (the Turkish guide involved in the Noah's Ark fraud), had never been to eastern Turkey before, and thought the Noah's Ark discovery was a hoax. Several weeks later Klenck began posting his fictitous "press release" stating he was the expert archeologist who had confirmed discovery of Noah's Ark. He appears in the "Days of Noah - Apocalypse II" movie, released by Noah's Ark Ministries Internationl (NAMI) in August 2011, as the expert who verifies the fraudulent discovery of the Ark. He posts his own stories written in glowing terms in third person. Since I have exposed his fraud, he has taken to creating fictitious profiles online and posting libelous and malicious blogs and comments about me, Amy Beam. To show the type of person this Klenck character is, he posted his press release on one website that is virulently anti-Muslim. I suspect he created this blog site himself, two days before he posted his own "press release" on it. He posted a photo of a big, black cow pissing on a pile of garbage, and put my name on it. Nice work, Joel. He also announced that he had found chick peas in the Noah's Ark site. Imagine, 4500 years and the mice didn't eat them! His worst lie about us is that when you lock your belongings up at Murat Camping, we steal money from your backpack. He also wrote that it costs only $250 dollars to climb Mount Ararat. Even the "cut rate tour" (see above) costs at least 400 euro without a permit, horse, tent, or hotel room. The Turkish government wants Klenck to appear in Dogubayazit Court. I guess he has some explaining to do.

The rest you can learn about online - ALL of Klenck's PR are self-published BS from "SBWire", where anyone can write anything about themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Didn't actually read the article?

<<   2 >>

join