It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we ban the people who make end of times predictions and get them wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have noticed a couple of people who always post threads which predict the end of times every other week and get them wrong, they are mentally ill and shouldn't we be getting rid of these people?
ATS has always had a problem with people who either just make stuff up or post stuff that is just bonkers.
I fear that people in a bad place in their live's may read the nonsense and fall for it.
Should ATS be giving these types a platform to spread fear which is obviously coming from a mind that is ill?
Maybe put in the rant forum If you wish mods

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We are just in a "ban everything" fad lately.

Nanny world.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why discriminate against the mentally ill? Let them breath. Stop trying to box them out of society.

You are dead wrong.

And so I disagree, but it is to be expected of me to.

Let people believe in what they will.

Stop it with this hate for freedom of expression. Let people express themselves, even online.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why? Are you insinuating that the members of ATS are too stupid to read a prediction and not fact check it? I doubt any member believes anything they read without a bit of research first. It is actually a good thing. I love to research. I learn a lot from threads like that. That is my perspective on them anyway. It probably helps the OP of such a thread to watch it be debunked in short order.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There's no penalty for being wrong. There is a penalty for intentionally misleading, or hoaxing.

We won't penalize people for speculation. The best thing you can do is ignore the threads you find 'bonkers' or unworthy of participation. If people would do that, it would be a better experience for everyone.

This thread doesn't belong in RANT, since that forum is specifically not designed for complaints about the site.

And since the question posed has been answered, closed.

top topics

join