It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely controversial Wade vs. Roe anniversary ad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Saw this on the news earlier and was disgusted by the way in which this ad was made.

A new advertisement featuring “Necessary Roughness” actor Mehcad Brooks and titled “Happy Anniversary, Baby” celebrates the deaths of an estimated 55 million unborn lost to abortion since the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision 40 years ago this week, and is being called “skanky,” “sick” and “disgusting.”

The ad, from the pro-abortion Center for Reproductive Rights, comes as hundreds of thousands prepare to attend the March for Life Friday in Washington, D.C.

In front of a glowing fireplace, he says, “Hey baby, you think I forgot it?”
He then continues, “How could I ever forget our anniversary? All these years. So many people said we’d never make it. They’ve been trying to tear us apart. Take you away. Put limits on you. On me. On us baby."

They try to make it sound sexy and romantic but is very tacky IMO....

[COLOR=ORANGE]WARNING: VERY OFFENSIVE AND MAY BE UPSETTING FOR WOMEN WHO HAVE HAD AN ABORTION, YOU MAY NOT WANT TO WATCH. [/COLOR]

New 'Happy Anniversary, Baby' abortion vid loaded with grim irony

I'm not sure what the message was intended to be but it is clearly disturbing and creepy.

I have never questioned the "why" as to what causes a woman to have an abortion [medical/personal] but it is their choice and a hard one to make at that. And they should not be subject to such crap as this video.

Hopefully, maybe some networks won't air this video.

My apologies if this is found offensive......
MODS please pull if not appropriate.

edit on 23-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I thought it was funny. And even though the topic my not be a joking matter. It was meant to be a satire. The guy in the video is playing the role of someone you would not want to have a child with.

It was not meant to be taken serious. The video does NOT celebrate the death of anyone. Nor does it even reference unborn children or abortion. You're obviously making things up that are not there. Sounds to me like you have an agenda and are willing to lie to push it along.

edit on 24-1-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
I thought it was funny. And even though the topic my not be a joking matter. It was meant to be a satire. The guy in the video is playing the role of someone you would not want to have a child with.

It was not meant to be taken serious.

Understandable......

But there have been many, of course mostly women, that have been very offended by this ad.
Abortion is a very sensitive subject to begin with IMO.
It just comes across very poorly done and without taste considering the hot topic.
If they wanted reactions, they surely got it.....

You're obviously making things up that are not there. Sounds to me like you have an agenda and are willing to lie to push it along

No sir...saw it on the news. All you have to do is google it and read the various articles/remarks against the ad. Some say both pro-life as well as pro-choice people are offended.
And I don't do "agendas"....

edit on 24-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

It just comes across very poorly done and without taste considering the hot topic. If they wanted reactions, they surely got it.....

I agree with you that it was in bad taste.

At first I thought it was actually produced by the anti-abortion crowd.

Sorry for accusing you of having an agenda. But I just didn't see the things you mention (celebrating the deaths of the unborm] in the video.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Sorry for accusing you of having an agenda. But I just didn't see the things you mention (celebrating the deaths of the unborm] in the video.

Apology accepted.....

I myself at first didn't think any thing about it when I first saw it. It was only after the news anchors were discussing it and that's when I realized what it really was about. So I started reading about it .....

True, I think it was meant as a joke [a poor one] but it sounds like it backfired on them. Especially for the actor in the video, he's getting a lot of flack from it.

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am pro-choice. And I couldn't tell which position the video supported. I didn't find it offensive at all, I found it confusing.

I think it's only "controversial" because some people (on both sides of the abortion issue) are looking for something to be offended about.
I don't understand what people find offensive.

top topics

join