It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter to friends in America.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Why is it the United States problem to defend all of these countries? If our government comes for our guns, there will be no U.S. to defend anyone else anyway.

Exactly... If North Korea wants to invade South Korea then that's SKs problem. I have always been and will continue to be an isolationist. I bet if SK allowed it's citizens to own guns NK might think twice about it. Same goes for any other country out there. I bet the Swiss aren't worried about invasion.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
Currently there is an agenda to ban guns in america that could or possibly lead to civil war.

Do not use your guns to kill your fellow americans for the right to possess the same guns you are using to kill them with.

That is the agenda.

Who will be there to fight for america and stop china and n.korea from invading s.korea or from russia, iran and syria from invading other countries or europe if you are in engaged in a civil war fighting each other.

The world will be ripe for world war three as the biggest military in the world, will be useless, and for global domination at the hands of russia, china or whomever else so chooses as the american people will be in no position to fight or defend anybody, including yourselves.

edit on 21-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

the world biggest military is actually china with a fighting force of over 200 Million ready and an entire 1 billion trained to fight if needed. their guns number 2 billion and they are gaining military strength each day in Naval and air force technology. If china wanted to walk in right now all the guns in the States could not stop them.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Bah, they won't even get past the first few western states.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

The National Guard is activated and commanded by the state governor, even under title 32 status in which they get paid by the feds but are still 100% under civilian state control (This is what happens for any federally declared emergency). When other state units arrive in say, New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy, it is only because they were invited by the officials of that state under the Emergency Management Assistance Compact. Your supposition that guard troops can be used in other parts of the country unless assistance is specifically asked for by another state is dead, flat wrong.

In theory and how it SHOULD be, I agree with you. However, how do we explain those in the National Guard whom have been called upon to serve in the Middle East?

It seems like we have a disconnect between the rights of the states and the Feds demanding service from said states........

Is it because of corrupt state Governors who hold their hands out to the Feds, thus selling their state out?????

I am not trying to be a wise ass on this, but how can the National Guard be reserved as a protector of a state, when said state allows them to be used as a federal troop?

Just a couple of comments.

The 21st-Century Militia: State Defense Forces and Homeland Security

these forces are distinct from the Reserves and the National Guard in that they serve no federal function. In times of both war and peace, SDFs remain solely under the control of their governors, allowing the governors to deploy them easily and readily in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.

www.heritage.org...

TOP 5 MILITARY POWER SIZES AND STRENGTH IN THE WORLD 2013

1. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA – Active: 1,458,219 Reserve: 1,458,500 Paramilitary: 11,035 Total: 2,927,754
2. CHINESE MILITARY Active: 2,285,000 Reserve: 800,000 Paramilitary: 1,500,000 Total: 4,585,000
3. RUSSIAN MILITARY – Active: 1,027,000 Reserve: 754,000 Paramilitary: 5,000 Total: 1,786,000
4. INDIAN MILITARY – Active: 1,325,000 Reserve: 2,142,821 Paramilitary: 1,300,586 Total: 4,768,407
5. TURKISH MILITARY – Active :666,576 Reserve: 378,700 Paramilitary: 152,200 Total: 1,197,476

americanlivewire.com...

These numbers do not even come close to the combined number of civilian held weapons in the U.S.
With 21 Million registered Hunters and at least that many illegal weapons in the hands of otherwise law-abiding citizens, then add the weapons in the hands of the criminal element, I defy any country to try to fight a land war on U.S. soil.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I am all for locally controlled miltias but State Defense Forces are kind of a joke. They usually actually are connected to the State's National Guard but they are paid as state employees and are made up of retired guardsmen, active guardsmen who work their "day job" as a state technicians, and civilians. Not exactly intimidating.

You are definitely right about it being an absolute joke that any foreign nation could easily come in and take the US by occupation. Even if is a misallocated quote, "A gun behind every blade of grass" would keep any foreign invaders out. Our own government though? Much more of a threat to US citizens....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The only Country Leaving its Borders , to take over Other Countries...is the US. This Paranoid Fear of China is Hysterical.
reply to post by Tw0Sides

It's a shame, but you're correct with that observation. During the cold war, we were fed the fear of communist expansion by the Soviet Union. Now the shoe's on the other foot. The U.S. needs to look in the mirror and realize what we've become.

Invading and occupying Iraq under false pretenses, changing its mission in the aftermath and than trying to establish a democracy in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The U.S. government pointed out how the KGB would spy on their own citizens. Now our own citizens are being spied upon, wire tapped, and are being subject to illegal searches.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion

Originally posted by randomname
Currently there is an agenda to ban guns in america that could or possibly lead to civil war.

Do not use your guns to kill your fellow americans for the right to possess the same guns you are using to kill them with.

That is the agenda.

Who will be there to fight for america and stop china and n.korea from invading s.korea or from russia, iran and syria from invading other countries or europe if you are in engaged in a civil war fighting each other.

The world will be ripe for world war three as the biggest military in the world, will be useless, and for global domination at the hands of russia, china or whomever else so chooses as the american people will be in no position to fight or defend anybody, including yourselves.

edit on 21-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

God damn, if its not bad enought American's are standing with their hand out and expecting something, now the rest of the world is expecting us to keep giving them crap too. Here is some advice from an American:

I am sick of having my tax dollars sent over seas to rebuild your city while mine is falling apart. I am sick of having my neighbors die in your war because you want the "promise" land. In all honest, screw the rest of the world. Let another country play babysitter. Let another country continue to rack up its debt. We need to rebuild our home and worry about ourself.

When you fly, the flight attendent tells you to put on your breathing mask before you help anyone put on theirs. We need to put on our mask before we try to help you put on yours. What good is it for us to rebuild the rest of the world just so we can take their place. Self preservation isn't a new concept.

Amazing how you seem to have rewritten history there. I think the only cities you are currently 'rebuilding' are the ones that your own foreign policy has seen razed to the ground. I can't think of any wars currently going on that you didn't have a big hand in starting?

You are right though, you do need to concentrate on your own problems......and perhaps read more!
edit on 23-1-2013 by kingmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Sounds like your afraid that the Conservatives and then people who took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution from enemies, both foreign and domestic may actually mean it.

Knowing it's wrong to sit at home and collect an Obama Welfare Check when you are an able bodied person who can work, but refuses to look for work when you can get free money.

We have a government that refuses to secure our borders.

We have a government that has created an ARMED IRS Army to go after Americans, (Look it up, has already started. This is Obama's Brown Shirts, his SS).

We have a president and Congress who think they are above the law, the exempt themselves from the very laws they pass on you. Like Obamacare, insider trading, how do you think so many became millionaires?

We have a president that lies on a daily basis to the American people, Who takes an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and then walks all over it.

Conservatives like me are upset, Liberals like you are giddy. When the dollar collapses there will be war. But it won't be war between Conservatives and Liberals, it will be a war against this Government who wants to destroy this nation because of their greed. They can't present a single bill without loading it down with pork or anti American language. Then vote on it without reading it or debating it. We have a Senate that has failed to do their job of presenting a budget for almost 4 years and has allowed the president to rack up 6 Trillion dollars of new debt.

I don't think our guns are going to kill other Americans unless they try an break into my home, or molest my family.

I do think you will see a civil war. Like most wars, it will be government against it citizens. Like is happening or has happened all over the world. Where Dictators try to take over power or keep power. What is the one thing they all have in common? They are all MASS MURDERERS.... Keep that in mind when this governments starts killing it's citizens because we don't want to live under a Dictator he will have joined that group. If you pay attention to real news and not propaganda media that most news now is. You can find nuggets that will scare you to death. This is what our government has planned for us.

You have allowed this to happen. The Constitution was written by our founding fathers who where threatened by the King and his Army. Inside this document is a reset button. Most people forget that the Government works for us not the other way around. You allow the Government to impose it's will on you and you accept it. That is why we have a president who is seeking Dictatorship. Liberalism or Conservatism is not a right, Freedom is, and that is what this government is trying to take away from you.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Since your freedom is being chiseled away bit by bit by the mason (no pun) and according to all respectable figures that you have 280 millions weapons behind every blades of grass, are you still scared ?

They are coming for you and if plans haven't been made, FEMA is likely to be your next landlord.

WAKE THE FARK UP, AMERICA !!!

YOUR GOVERNMENT is running out of enemies they can beat and you are NEXT.

Maybe the wellbeing of all small nations rest on your shoulders.
NO COMPROMISE OVER THE 2ND AMENDMENT !!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
IF and I mean IF a 'civil war' were to happen, I feel that it would not only be pointless but it would also be one of the most devastating thing for the US.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join