It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Nukes back in Cuba again in response to Missile Shield in Europe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just got notified of this news link through a Facebook page Im subscribed to.

Russia to revive army bases in three oceans

"In 2001 I, as the President of the Russian Federation and the supreme commander, deemed it advantageous to withdraw the radio-electronic center Lourdes from Cuba. In exchange for this, George Bush, the then U.S. president, has assured me that this decision would become the final confirmation that the Cold War was over and both of our states, getting rid of the relics of the Cold War, will start building a new relationship based on cooperation and transparency. In particular, Bush has convinced me that the U.S. missile defense system will never be deployed in Eastern Europe.

The Russian Federation has fulfilled all terms of the agreement. And even more. I shut down not only the Cuban Lourdes but also Kamran in Vietnam. I shut them down because I gave my word of honor. I, like a man, has kept my word. What have the Americans done? The Americans are not responsible for their own words. It is no secret that in recent years, the U.S. created a buffer zone around Russia, involving in this process not only the countries of Central Europe, but also the Baltic states, Ukraine and the Caucasus. The only response to this could be an asymmetric expansion of the Russian military presence abroad, particularly in Cuba. In Cuba, there are convenient bays for our reconnaissance and warships, a network of the so-called "jump airfields." With the full consent of the Cuban leadership, on May 11 of this year, our country has not only resumed work in the electronic center of Lourdes, but also placed the latest mobile strategic nuclear missiles "Oak" on the island. They did not want to do it the amicable way, now let them deal with this," Putin said.

This is from mid last year. How it managed to go unreported in any of the western media best me.

Its understandable that the Russians have been warning for a long time of an adequate response to the thread.

But this does not bode well.

Furthermore......

Seychelles in the Indian Ocean has always been in the zone of Soviet influence. In 1981, the Soviet Navy helped the government to prevent the military coup and before the collapse of the USSR the Soviets had a constant presence in the area. In June of 2012, at the opening of an Orthodox church in the capital city of Victoria, James Michel spoke of Russia's role in combating piracy and supported the Russian idea to build a pier in the port of Victoria, designed for the reception of the Navy warships of Russian Federation.

The intentions were announced on July 27 by the Russian Navy Commander Vice Admiral Viktor Chirkov. "At the international level, the creation of logistics points in Cuba, the Seychelles and Vietnam is being worked out," Chirkov was quoted by the media. The issue was specifically discussed at the meeting with the leaders of all countries. President of Vietnam Truong Tan Sang has recently held talks with Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev in Moscow and President Putin in Sochi. Cuban leader Raul Castro met with Putin in Moscow earlier this month. A little earlier the President of the Republic of Seychelles, James Michel made an unequivocal statement.

So it is Vietnam, at the heart of US/Western standoff against the Chinese in the South East Asian theatre, the Seychelles on the East Coast of Africa, and Cuba, in the heart of US influence.

Is there any way of verifying these claims other than Pravda reports? Can someone google earth Cuba knowing what to look for? Does Obama know about this but is keeping quiet so the public doesnt call for war with the Russians? Is gun control the st step to a Russian/Chinese invasion?

Many "ifs" with all this....would appreciate those with more experience and knowledge (and memory of the Cuban Missile Crisis) to share their thoughts.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why shouldn't the Russians have missiles in Cuba, given the ridiculous amounts of bases that the Americans have in countries around the world?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

It was reported in the mainstream media....

Link

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

If the reasoning for endless expansion of military is that others already have the same? Does it end when we've militarized everything and out to the Moon to be safe? I mean, that's flawed logic IMO.

At the same time, I'm not surprised either. We're 'leading' from a position of weakness and retreat in many areas ..and Russia will fill those voids we leave behind. If not Russia, then China. All things being equal ... I think the world left behind the U.S. losing position will do better with Russian influence..but that's just me. it's kinda choosing which wrong is more right.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There is no technical info in the Internet about any "Oak" missiles. This must be some kind of an April fool's joke.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen
There is no technical info in the Internet about any "Oak" missiles. This must be some kind of an April fool's joke.

It's January, not April.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
given the number of subs with nuclear warheads and much more advanced ICBMs, what strategical advantage Russian nuclear weapons in Cuba could bring to Russian federation?
In 1960s with long pre-launch fueling times and few subs available Cuba was strategically important base for nuclear weapons. Now? It will not matter at all if nuclear war was to start.
edit on 21-1-2013 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen

Correct. The original story about BCR-160 "Oak" missiles in Cuba is a made up story originally from Fog News. It shows you how messed up the conspiracy websites are when they fall for this type of made up news story.

The original made up news report informing the world that Putin had deployed BCR-169s to Cuba

fognews.ru...

latitude.blogs.nytimes.com...

Fog News is simpy Russia's answer to The Onion

flair.wittysparks.com...

Fognews is a Russian news satire website. In the spirit of the publication, there is a statement in Latin on their home page, "Nоvае rеs а nоbis соnfiсtае" (New things we have made up).

FogNews Wiki Link

edit on 21/1/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There is no way in hell that Putin would reveal anything like this to anyone not cleared to know it, especially not the public at large. You do not tell the world that you just necroed the Cold War by putting nuclear missiles in Cuba. If they have actually done such a thing then any knowledge of it is blacker than the void and won't come to light until those missile leave Cuba on a column of exhaust.

So yeah this has to be fake.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How useful would the surveilance center on Cuba be after 20 years of no maintenance or upgrades?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I already looked this up a while ago, the quote is fake and the story is very old....although if they did put nukes in Cuba I don't think it would be as big a deal as is was last time, essentially American citizens prolly wouldn't care lol

new topics

top topics

join