It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie (spoiler) 2012 blockbuster - highlights the killing of children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Looper was released in September 2012. It's overall theme involves time travel, but there is an "end-justifies-the-means" underlying theme. The main character is Joe. Here are some explanatory sentences about this movies's theme from Wiki:

Joe regards the end of bringing her back to life as justifying the means of killing innocent children.

Young Joe follows the coordinates to a farm house owned by Sara (Blunt), who lives with her son Cid (Gagnon). When Joe shows Sara the map, Sara recognizes the ten digits as Cid's birthday and the serial number of the hospital he was born in, prompting Joe to explain the situation about the Rainmaker. However, when the database shows two other children born on that date and in that hospital, Old Joe decides to systematically kill all three children. After killing the first of the three, he changes his mind on the second when he sees it is Suzie's daughter.

In the movie, young Joe kills himself at the end, thus eliminating a future Joe.

BTW, there is also a glowing neon sign in the movie shown two or three times with the word "Aurore" on it. Probably just a coincidence.

edit on 21-1-2013 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

edit on 21-1-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Perhaps you should put "MOVIE SPOILER" in the title.

Thanks a lot.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I second that emotion! Nothin like watching a movie when you know how it ends!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oops! Thanks guys......How stupid of me!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Trying not to ruin the movie but.....

I saw the movie and did not take the "killing children" highlight into what you might have
I took it as a time travel question that almost everyone has heard
"if you could go back in time and kill/stop Hitler before he ..." scenario

If it were done the question would be, was the circle really closed? Would that person really turn out different then
what they became? A short answer would be no , nothing would change. There have been many people who had a good life that turned out to be pretty messed up as adults.

and just remember it's just a movie a story.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have never seen a movie where the blatant shooting of children with high-powered weapons was shown as an end-justifies-the-means theme.

If a mentally ill individual got caught up in this movie, well.............you get my drift.

Then again, the "Aurore" thing stunned me when I first noticed it! (Hey, this IS ATS)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
on the same token then they shouldn't watch starwars
since anakin kills all the jedi kids

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
on the same token then they shouldn't watch starwars
since anakin kills all the jedi kids

And it begins.................

What did you think of the Aurore reference, EvilBat (Is that as in "Batman", EvilBat?)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
just took it as a sign since it was filmed in New Orleans, "La Belle Aurore".
and my name has nothing to do with batman.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Actually, killing the Rainmaker while he was a child was THE whole gist of the movie. Killing a few others in the process was "justified".

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Or that movie "The Butterfly Effect."

The main character kills himself as a foetus, so as to stop a lifetime of pain and suffering for those he loves.

Foetus suicide.

That's heavy.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As I watched that realistically (unlike StarWars) violent movie, I wondered whether some mentally ill young man on psychotropic drugs might cross the line of reality into the fantasy world of time travel while watching it. Of course, I thought about the Sandy Hook killer.

I have had a difficult time understanding how anyone, sane or insane, could CHOOSE a kindergarten class to murder. What caused him to pick an entire class of 6-yr. olds? What was it that influenced him to do such a thing?

Did he think killing children might in some way save the world or bring his mother back?

I want to know what drugs were being administered to this young man and by whom. I want to know what movies are in his home. I want to know who killed his mother.

edit on 21-1-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join