It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is NOT a Scene From Blade Runner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pretty frightening stuff, although loads of cities around the world are much the same.

Makes New York's plan to phase in electric taxis all the more welcome. I hope it's a success and other places follow their lead.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I agree that those buildings do look impressive, but so do many buildings in Dubai, and other countries around the world. So by that logic, any country who isn't as opposed to less conventional architecture as the US is more advanced than us in general? We in the US could easily have those futuristic buildings popping up. It all depends on where a countries priorities are.

Still though... those two pictures in the OP are breathtaking if you're a sci-fi/future buff. Wow...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sorry, but most folks can't drive a car safely. Flying cars for the masses will not happen until someone develops anti-gravity that does not require a power source. Can you imagine falling cars?

Actually antigravity is not the solution for unsafe drivers but an ultra-genius autopilot!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sorry, but most folks can't drive a car safely. Flying cars for the masses will not happen until someone develops anti-gravity that does not require a power source. Can you imagine falling cars?

With a central navigation agency they don't need to do anything but plot the coordinates of departure and destination on a digital map, and ride in their car as though it were a drone. A computer could coordinate the traffic, but I think there would be a waiting time during rush hour.

With enough luck, we won't see this type of stuff for mainstream culture until around 2068. I expect inflation to be so yucky that one of these "cars" will cost 1.5 million dollars, for the economy version. Falling cars aren't a problem so much as vanishing cars, with the technology. Oh, and the materials will probably be either radioactive or so toxic (chlorine) that a city block has to be evacuated if one of these things springs a leak.

That Beijing air is so bad from all the charcoal stoves. I'm surprised people aren't wearing swim goggles to keep their eyes from burning.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

So this asphyxiating nation is what is supposed to topple us?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You know, that could also be regular fog contributing to that... but NAAAAH...

what would our last ditch effort to condemn china be if we don't make a big deal out of their smog??

Lesson for the day,. Industrialized nations who make all the crap you buy has a terrible case of communist fog... so fight for democracy.

Oh, you forgot to post chinas red river...

i.dailymail.co.uk...

And when i say RED... i mean CADMIUM RED.

Cadmium is poisonous btw.

The media says somebody spilled some dye though.

like who... the jolly green giant? that is a HELL of a lot of dye! An UNIMAGINABLE amount of dye!

Good thing it's not cadmium though... because i would straight away consider that a terrorist attack if I was a Chinese leader and i found out that was Cadmium.

But no, no, no... I'm not sure what kind of dye this is.

THE RECENT CADMIUM SPILLS HAPPENED TO OTHER CHINESE RIVERS.

Sooooo.... I guess this mystery is still unsolved other than being done by big corporations.... I wonder who owns those btw...

Now tell me again why this issue of smog in China is so important?

Oh, that's right... because China is the King of industry that is polluting our world.

Wait, wait, wait.... Nope, that's not right either is it?
edit on 22-1-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Oh... There's something else I forgot to mention.

That building looks #ing cool.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Watching a show on the Discovery channel about building construction / damage related to earthquakes was pretty revealing. They were saying that the more modern looking asymmetric building designs look great, but it is at those precise juncture points where the most stress is during an earthquake.... they are the ones most likely to crumble. The skyscraper / large buildings that are built in the old style- boxy, squarish style distribute the torque of the earthquake more evenly, which results in less damage overall.

edit on 23/1/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That is truly disgusting.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now all that city needs are flying cars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join