It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blowing off some steam.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The following is a Facebook rant of mine from today because of some retarded people I encountered.

Hey guys, did you know I am a terrible parent? That's right, I really am.
Apparently purchasing toy guns such as the nerf and water guns for my children and allowing them to play with such things as well as involving myself in such activities with my children makes me a very bad piece of sh*t father.

I suppose I am one of the worst kinds of parents though because I also allow my children to play video games.

Water guns, nerf guns, laser tag, paintball, and video games do not make people crazy! Yes, a crazy person who partakes in such activity can be influenced. BUT in most cases said person would already have to have some serious mental health issues before doing something bad because of any of the things I have mentioned.

I'm just p*ssed off now because of morons on the internet. I truly wish that our country taught critical thinking skills in school and people were not pulled on a string by the media. It seems that the majority of people here are extremists on one side or the other of the political spectrum and everyone wants to consider it "bad" to not pick a side. How could any rational human being pick a side though when each side has many more flaws than they do anything else and our politicians are so narcissistic that the majority of them believe themselves to be gods? How can people follow that sh*t? And most of all, how can they continue to fight amongst each other and both of the sides target those of us who do not wish to pick a side? It's f**king retarded!

I figured some of you here could relate.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I disagree with your use of the word "crazy".
edit on 18-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
I disagree with your use of the word "crazy".
edit on 18-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

I disagree with your use of the word "disagree".

Welcome to the new Amerika, OP, where public school indoctrination and entitlement class mentality is finally paying off.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First mistake, being on facebook. Second mistake, giving a crap what other people think. Third mistake, letting ignorant people get to you. Fortunately all of those are fixable. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

So you think it's fine to label people with the word crazy without quantifying it academically?

# you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

So you think it's fine to label people with the word crazy without quantifying it academically?

# you.

Since the OP was speaking in general terms, yes. There is no need to quantify generalities.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
The following is a Facebook rant of mine from today because of some retarded people I encountered.

Hey guys, did you know I am a terrible parent? That's right, I really am.
Apparently purchasing toy guns such as the nerf and water guns for my children and allowing them to play with such things as well as involving myself in such activities with my children makes me a very bad piece of sh*t father.

I suppose I am one of the worst kinds of parents though because I also allow my children to play video games.

Water guns, nerf guns, laser tag, paintball, and video games do not make people crazy! How can people follow that sh*t? And most of all, how can they continue to fight amongst each other and both of the sides target those of us who do not wish to pick a side? It's f**king retarded!
I figured some of you here could relate.

Hey Anundeniabletruth, your post seem genuine. Look everybody has bad days. But, you just have to be careful about what you 'put out there' on social media, especially if friends and friends of friends can see and comment on it. So, next time, consider carefully what you really "want to tell people what's on your mind". OK?

Next, I wouldn't be honest if I did not say that I disapprove you using the classification of some of these people as being 'retarded....that just isn't necessary, adds nothing to what you are trying to say, and actually puts you in the light of being ignorant or lacking empathy for the people who suffer from mental challenges.,,,,,,so just be careful. OK?

You have a right to be angry, but don't let these faceless nobodies, ruin your day with careless and uninformed statements.

Sounds like you are a responsible parent, love your kids and were just trying to express your happiness and what you were doing with your kids. Let it go......don't let it ruin anymore of your day.....you are a good person, just don't go down to the level of some of the illiterates.

Peace!! ID

edit on 18-1-2013 by ItDepends because: corrected sentence

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

There is really, when crazy is used as a derogatory term for just about anyone who disagrees with whoever is talking about "crazy" people.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

Watch out, you bad bad parent! I was brought up watching the Three Stooges and the Road Runner. So, if I ever meet up with you, why I'm gonna poke you in the eyes and drop an anvil on your head!

Off topic here, but kids today have it so easy! I watched a kid using a gun to make bubbles. Pull the trigger and a bazillion bubbles fly out. When I was a kid we actually had to wave that little wand to make bubbles, while walking 20 miles to school, barefoot, in the dead of winter.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am sorry if I offend people with my usage of words but this is in the "rant" section. Often, much like the majority of society, when I use the word "retarded" I am not referring to the mentally ill. ( I have two uncles who are legally mentally handicapped ) I am referring to those who are stupid and do stupid things by choice. In my opinion that word would seem rather derogatory to use nowadays in reference to people who cannot help the unfortunate way they were born. However, I don't mind offending those who continuously make poor decisions simply because they can. And well, the word "crazy" has an understood and accepted definition so I really do not care if someone doesn't like my usage of the word, it fits.

As for the Facebook thing... I have one and I like having it, it's an easy way to reach many friends at once with little effort, a convenience if you will. Besides, I only "friend" and accept people that I either know or have met and feel like I wouldn't mind knowing in the real world. That's probably why I have less than 60 friends that also consists of family members. I wasn't meeting opposition on Facebook, many people actually agreed with my rage because the people I associate with mostly agree with many of my views and those who don't wouldn't be the type to act like a child about it.

Thanks to the people who are being polite and responding because you actually just want to talk to someone and not be a prick. The other people should probably find somewhere else to whine because I care as much about your opinion as you do about what I have to say. Once again, sorry I\if I have offended anyone, such was not my intent. It has been a rough day...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I don't want to be a prick, I just want people to stop using mental illness as a derogatory term.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Then don't use the word "retard" to refer to mentally ill people and you will have succeeded in preventing it from happening. When someone has a legitimate mental health condition it seems rather rude to call them retarded. The word is now much more commonly used to refer to one who is willingly making a fool of themselves and that is exactly how the majority of society now uses the word, whether that is their intent or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I don't. And just because I don't doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's happening right here in this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Exactly how so? I have made it very clear that I am not using the word in such a manner.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
First mistake, being on facebook. Second mistake, giving a crap what other people think. Third mistake, letting ignorant people get to you. Fortunately all of those are fixable. Good luck.

Well said.

Totally agree.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
To any normal boy a stick will become a sword for slaying dragons
or a gun to take out the enemy. It's the nature of the beast, using imagination is important. If you can afford to buy toy ones the principle is the same.
I say stuff them and go with the flow whilst the kids are young enough to still idolise you and have fun with you.
All too soon they will turn into that strange animal the dreaded teenager
Cody

top topics

join