It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In response to the debate about IC's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Humans have an inherent ability to understand what seems impossible a few months ago (SARS).

I think we did go to the moon, I see no reason for the government to cover it up.

IC's need a variety of conditions to be created.

The list includes the following

1)Ability to Dope the silicon
2) Static and humidity free room in which the temperature must remain constant for LONG periods of time.
3) Small dyes which have to be accurate to .01mils
ETC.

The only issue I have (by the way I have never said yay or nay to the argument yet) is that there is no damn way they figured out how to make an transistor when the man was focused on rectifiers which is a TOTALLY different application. BELL labs to this day will not fully disclose the research that went into the initial production of these units, which is very strange because I can pull up data sheets for IC's that haven't even been produced yet.

Ah, but continue, this is interesting.

Next we will segwey into actual PCB's (computer boards)
including the wonderful world of via's, real estate, traces, program parts, super caps, and all the other fun parts, that's when my arguement begins.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It is not without historical precedent that someone who is trying to invent something to do "A" and determines that they have come up with something that will do "B". I have do some historical research to come up with specific items (one comes to mind is Silly Putty and the microwave oven). The history of technology is full of cases of people trying to invent a device to a certain job find out that they have come up with something to will do something else. My last question was not answered: Was Tokay and Cooley influenced by aliens???

new topics

<< 1   >>

join