It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

At some point in time you need to make a stand, I know that these are supposed to be just studies and ideas but where will it end. I am really afraid that we are looking at another civil war if this continues. I hope I am wrong I really do.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If civil uprise was the plan to impose martial law then this is working quite well. Personally, as a weapon owner, I am not being affected by these new ideas. I feel no threat in the future as well. What it comes down to in my opnion is the safety of your freinds and family around you, causing a scene and taking to the streets in anger will only lead to the failure of what should be a well organized movement.

edit on 18-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkinsFan913
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Maybe it is you that needs to understand the second amendment a little better.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
The Amendment's text does justify a different limitation: the "right to keep and bear arms" protects only a right to possess and use firearms in connection with service in a state-organized militia. Had the Framers wished to expand the meaning of the phrase "bear arms" to encompass civilian possession and use, they could have done so by the addition of phrases such as "for the defense of themselves. So why didnt they? Maybe because they never intended it to mean that.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials."
-- George Mason

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWitch2002
reply to post by TrueAmerican

At some point in time you need to make a stand, I know that these are supposed to be just studies and ideas but where will it end. I am really afraid that we are looking at another civil war if this continues. I hope I am wrong I really do.

I completely agree, enough is enough. If the administration is allowed to violate the core of what this country was built upon we might as well throw all of our rights out the window.

I find it funny that someone had said it's not a big deal, only strengthening laws, blah blah blah. So I have to ask...should we wait until the all out ban and violation on the second amendment is in full swing before we speak up?

The wise does at once what the fool does at last.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Yes because acting to early could prove disastrous. Moves like that need to be carefully planed, give the enemy the rope to hang themselves then drop the gate and watch their necks break as everyone looks on in agreeable pleasure.
edit on 01/15/2013 by GradientWell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It needs to be clarified that "groups of people in 47 states" are doing this, not the entire state, not the governments of the states, but groups of people in the states.

Makes you wonder if the other three states consist of people who are 100% behind it instead of just 75% behind it doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GradientWell

Absolutely, but people should not be complacent. In my previous experiences if you do not show a strong opposition from the start, you will get run over. HOPEFULLY people will do the right thing and organize peacefully. But lets face it, there's always those few that ruin it for the rest of us. And then there's the vulture MSM that paints a bad picture which "solidifies" the cause to ban.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
I also think all this is just a way for Obama to stir everybody up so that gun sales increase and therefore increase the economy. People (doomsdayers) will start stocking up even more. Going to shoot our way out of the fiscal cliff and he'll be praised. So "Go buy 'em up"

Hmmm... that's actually the BEST explanation I've seen so far. It does make perfect sense. How do you get the people who are completely, absolutely against any kind of incentive you pass to support it? You let rumors start that you'll be taking away what they hold most dear, they will spend the money to buy more and more of the item, hence, sparking the economy that they were determined to tank so they could blame it on you.

Well played Mr. Obama, well played

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK

Absolutely, but people should not be complacent. In my previous experiences if you do not show a strong opposition from the start, you will get run over. HOPEFULLY people will do the right thing and organize peacefully. But lets face it, there's always those few that ruin it for the rest of us. And then there's the vulture MSM that paints a bad picture which "solidifies" the cause to ban.

No one is complacent only watchful and patient. What makes a good warrior is his ability to judge when the right moment to strike is and how hard to strike. There is already strong opposition on both sides. We are ready to fight this.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Being complacent in my opinion would be reacting without a proper assessment of the situation. Take into account every move the opposition makes before setting a proper defense.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

This is the exact thing i outlined in my response

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

I have to disagree. In my state I've seen it become increasingly and ridiculously strict to be issued a firearms license over the years. I personally know cops with not even a blemish on their record that were denied a license.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'll never understand the people that want massive magazines to hold so much ammunition. I just don't get it. I don't understand the ones who want to be able to shoot several rounds per second. It makes no sense.

It's really simple. If you can't hit what you're aiming at, you don't need a gun. I'm not "against guns" but I am against stupidity and incompetence. When I fire a gun, I hit what I aim at. Every time. I don't shoot a whole lot, I don't have to, I have good aim. If I point a gun at something and pull the trigger, it's going to go right where it's supposed to. I don't need a 30 round clip, I don't need an automatic, I don't need "bigger and better".

You hear people say it all the time about other matters, it's not the quantity, it's the quality. The quality depends on you. If you are not able to control the weapon and where the projectile ends up, you don't need to be holding one. If we have to pass laws to keep guns out of the hands of the idiots and the incompetents, fine. I'll go through the hoops I need to go through to ensure that those people don't get one. I'll pass the standards to have what I need and I'll fill out the paperwork, have the clearances and keep the laws. If it prevents the moron who has to shoot 20 rounds to hit the target just one time, then so be it.

link   
And so They Should:

link   

We're on the same page. I didn't say go out an protest (yet). I should have elaborated a bit. I'm the first person to let you hang yourself before I react.

edit on 18-1-2013 by KEMIK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I have to disagree. In my state I've seen it become increasingly and ridiculously strict to be issued a firearms license over the years. I personally know cops with not even a blemish on their record that were denied a license.

It may not be "nice", but perhaps those people shouldn't be cops if they can't adhere to the standards that are set forth.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ok, you made absolutely no sense. If they qualified with their duty weapon...trusted to uphold the law...trusted to protect the public... ????

Forgot to add the qualifying scores (since I went through it myself):

1 - 18/18
2 - 22/24
2 - 26/28

100% accountability. Which means you must hit the target. If one round is not on target you fail.

edit on 18-1-2013 by KEMIK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A question...

Is the ongoing fear here that when the US dollar collapses, that rather than a rebound economically, people are thinking instead that the reliance upon/control of the government will come to such extremes, that they will not be able to defend themselves. Is the fear that the US will become a militant society where we are told exactly what to do, and that those who rebel are fighting for their rights, right now, for ways to be able to fight against the government itself?

I don't know what to think. Why all the "don't mess with our guns" comments, unless the general majority actually fears what I've stated above? I don't see the issues with smaller clip sizes if the guns were just used for self defense.

People want the ability to wage war for some reason, not just defend themselves, apparently.

I don't think the laws should be messed around with too much, but again, what is the real underlying issue?
edit on 18-1-2013 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by ototheb85
I hope his successful and your lovely weapons get banned!

You will regret having this position. I am 100% confident that you will absolutely regret that. Whether anyone here wants to admit it, or not, America IS the world police. Disarm us and all other nations will be sitting ducks.

I know it is very difficult for those that are stuck in one dimension of thinking to understand the complexity behind our being armed. I'm not at all concerned with changing your mind, nor educating you. I could care less about you, I am now in survival mode of me and mine.

I no longer believe that we can help those that don't help themselves. Nor can we have a logical discussion or debate. The world is brutal and it's about to be tilted into a new kind of brutality. A truth (or consequence) that has always prevailed throughout history is that the strong will survive.

Those that choose to rely and depend on others for their survival will be the first to go. Oh, and before you go all straw-man on me, I'll make this point: I am OBVIOUSLY not talking about those that cannot make the choice themselves to be dependent on others (you know, the ones the left like to hang their hats on), I am pointing at you and the rest that CHOOSE to be dependent and controlled. 'Choice' is funny, isn't it? I mean, we all have to live with the consequences of our choices.

Freedom isn't a privilege, it is independence. With our independence, we have the freedom to do and be all we can be, and the freedom to do and be nothing. With the freedom to succeed , comes the freedom to fail. We have too many failures in this nation. Time to give the failures of this nation the freedom to fail.

I'm so tired of the progressive crap about who I am and what I believe. I no longer give a damn. I'm a racist, bible-thumping, abortion hating, gun-toting redneck. It is what it is and I am what I am. Flame away.
edit on 18-1-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

I agree with your post 100% up until your last paragraph.....I hope that was tongue in cheek pointing out the fact that you are sick of being labeled.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I will be at the one here, and have told all of my friends and family about it and encouraged them to attend as well.

Also, I agree, this could be a second "shot heard 'round the world".
edit on 18-1-2013 by Cryotic because: You never see the mistake until you post...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join