It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, my old friend, where are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wasn't going to do this but I just have to. I'm a Canadian as most of you know. I've lived pretty much on the US border all my life. Been to the States numerous times. Not since I needed a passport. That pissed me off. And part of my rant.

I can't say which state I liked the most. All are pretty damn decent, or were. Cali though was the one I disliked though. TOO DAMN HOT!!!! I haven't been down in about 5-6 years. Upper NY state the last time and as always the people were amazing. So my friend, what happened? I barely recognize you anymore. You're angry. Divided. NOT friendly at times. That's unAmerican as I know it. I miss my old friend and would love to have it back. I don;t have any solution. Maybe just shake a hand now and then? A smile? Whatever would work. And remember, just because a person might not be an American doesn't mean we don't care.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There are a few things/people that have helped us become a divided nation, the media is one thing, the Hannitys of radio (and I used to be a fan of his) is another thing and most of all Obama and most of his cabinet members.
Obama has done more to hurt race relations than any president I can remember...
The great uniter haha, right.

edit on 1/15/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No. This has been going on longer than 4 years. Something is wrong on a "base" level.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's not you, it's us.

We have been seeing Mexico on the side for a while now and I think we are in love!

We will always have a special place in our heart for you Canada but I think we should just be friends.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Four things have happened. 1.) 9/11 brought fear and a sense of vulnerability. 2.) The president who pledged to unite us did the opposite. 3.) The lack of our country's ability to control its borders have increased the fear from reason 1, and created concern over benefit spending, and drug trafficking. 4.) The second slowest recovery in the country's history has left us hungry and fearful of the future as our income falls and job security disappears.

These are all shocks and one of two things needs to happen. Either we get used to our condition as the new "normal," or we will recover. The alternative, that things continue to get worse, will bring the end of a recognizable US.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see it everyday people just wandering through life. Many of us don't know whats going on, we just know somethings wrong.

Im afraid your thread wont get much attention though, your not hating on us so the Eurosquad most likely wont show up to make it 17 pages of hate and star giving.

edit on 15-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join