It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers gave their lives for children that were not their own - Would Rush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
At Sandy Hook, Teachers gave their lives for children that were not their own.. They had a very small paycheck and may have taken money from that to help buy supplies for the classroom. yet I hear this FAT BUFOON Rush Limbaugh constantly dogging out teachers and calling schools "screwals" . Would Rush Limbaugh die for your child? Evidently not, as he was a draft dodger. Isn't it time we stopped listening to folks who profit monetarily from getting us to HATE each other? Shouldn't we stop walking party lines and give credit where it is due? Wouldn't you want teachers watching your children that were willing to step in front of an assault rifle for them without even thinking about it? This tragedy showed us what MOST teachers are REALLY about in public schools. I am moved to tears at the stories of heroism here. I think we should tell Rush to stop bad-mouthing teachers.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

[CITATION NEEDED]

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I think anyone who believes the crap coming from Rush should have their guns taken away as they are clearly not of sound mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Very few people think the public school system is efficiently teching children. A recent report showed New York City spending over $6,000 per student for transportation. In my area, the school district spends over $10,000 a year for each kid in the K-12 system yet our test scores are just at the state average and below comparable schools. Our private schools cost less than the public school system, and do a much better job.

When Rush attacks "screwels," if he means school systems, I have to agree with him. Now, within failing systems there may be brave people, but that doesn't sound like what he's attacking. Further, being brave has nothing to do with teaching (unless you're in Detroit, Chicago, NYC, or similar places) or being a political commentator.

So I think the mistakes here are two. Rush isn't attacking teachers, and personal courage has little to do with your political beliefs or teaching competence.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Did the teachers really have a choice?

How would it look if a teacher survived by bailing on the kids or by throwing kids at the gunman?

Eventually that teacher would be driven to suicide.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Good point but people will not see things in such a black and white common sense way. I think if you compare Becks character to anyone else's the other person will win because Beck has no character, no scruples and no morals. He is a side show freak like Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and the slope-headed Hannity. Other than bluster and hot air we cannot expect anything approaching heroism from any of these cowards. S&F. I get your point though the fat boys and the ugly-stick have a lot of fans here.

top topics

join