It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest in Moscow against US adoption ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This gives me pause. We were generally brought up to think of Russia as our enemy. This protest by the people of Russia leads me to believe that the Russian people are not our enemies and never were. Our governments created that reality. We all want the same thing in the end. Peace and Prosperity.

MOSCOW – Thousands marched through Moscow on Sunday to protest Russia's new law banning Americans from adopting Russian children, a far bigger number than expected in a sign that outrage over the ban has breathed some life into the dispirited anti-Kremlin opposition movement.

Shouting "shame on the scum," protesters carried posters of President Vladimir Putin and members of Russia's parliament who overwhelmingly voted for the law last month. Up to 20,000 took part in the demonstration on a frigid, gray afternoon.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on Sun Jan 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's not just the Russian government.
The US government has created a system that's so convoluted and expensive that it prevents more adoptions than it allows because it bankrupts couples who want to adopt.
Meanwhile it farms out foster kids on a wholesale basis and creates a business out of it.

The Russian Government is simply following the back door recommendation of DC's controlling bureaucracy.

We don't want decent couples with the ability to care for a child as a family to do so. It is counter to the progressive mandate.

The average Russian citizen would rather see a child adopted and cared for than to engage in policies that victimize individuals for political reasons.
edit on 13-1-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
This gives me pause. We were generally brought up to think of Russia as our enemy. This protest by the people of Russia leads me to believe that the Russian people are not our enemies and never were. Our governments created that reality. We all want the same thing in the end. Peace and Prosperity.

I think that's a Generational thing. The Soviets were a possible threat. All that however changed drastically after the Berlin wall came down.

MOSCOW – Thousands marched through Moscow on Sunday to protest Russia's new law banning Americans from adopting Russian children, a far bigger number than expected in a sign that outrage over the ban has breathed some life into the dispirited anti-Kremlin opposition movement.

Shouting "shame on the scum," protesters carried posters of President Vladimir Putin and members of Russia's parliament who overwhelmingly voted for the law last month. Up to 20,000 took part in the demonstration on a frigid, gray afternoon.

To me that reads more like an Anti-Putin movement more than anything else.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

There are plenty of adoptable kids in the US.

I remember what spurned this though.. some woman couldnt handle the Russian kid she adopted so she sent him back unattended.
Thats no different than a biological parent just sending their kid away, she shouldve been charged with child negligence.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I see what you mean. Aside from the point of the article was an underlying almost subliminal message (at least to me) that as a people we should not dislike or fear each other as citizens of either country, because we are more alike than we are different and in the big picture we should be allies, at least if our governments will get out of the way of it becoming reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

It hurts my soul..and it is so very sad; that so many children who would have gotten a home here in America; are punished for what political people are doing.

This is another action that is very telling about many of the TPTB; and what is really important to them...it certainly is not the children...

edit on 13-1-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Oh don't get me started on abortion/adoption. We kill at least 1 million babies every year while at least 1 million American couples attempt to adopt a baby every year. Disgusting.

new topics

top topics

join