It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do cops need guns that have more than six bullets?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by kawika

I felt more secure carrying a nearly worn out Springfield made 1911 .45 automatic than the M-16s that were being issued in 1968... I was a TACParty radio operator and well protected by grunts most of the time and could pick up a M-16 from a friendly KIA or WIA when the situation called for me to need one... The military had to honor a contract that required them to purchase ball type powder from Olin when the M-16 was designed to use stick type powder made by Western... I never fired a first generation M-16 that didn't jam up after firing just a few rounds.. We could put no more than 17 rounds in a 20 round magazine because the bolt would short cycle if we used more even with the updated ones... I have since fired a full auto CAR -16 that was capable of firing over 2000 rounds before it was cleaned without any problems.. People will rely on the "spray and pray" method rather than aim a weapon with a high capacity magazine.

To a trained person, the HCmags mean more well aimed shots before having to reload. How did you like the idea of the new three round burst weapons?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, answering the question in the original post,

link

<< 2  3  4   >>

join